Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crowns and member

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 21, 2012
if i get a member do i lose all the areas i already have boughten with crowns?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
No you keep those areas after your Membership ends still.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Caretaker123 on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
No you still keep them. We have 2 accounts that we let membership expire on and the areas I had purchased prior to that are still able to be quested in.

Mary

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
By my understanding.... No

Once you purchase an area, it's yours forever.

Buying the membership just unlocks the other areas during the timeframe of your membership.

My Questing partner goes month by month, but buys the areas he wants to farm for when he feels like not having to pay. Then we farm those areas until he decides to buy another month...lol

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
No, you lose nothing, if you buy areas with crowns you have them forever, even when your membership runs out. What you gain with membership is ability to go anywhere in the game, ie porting to a friend, but you must work through story to gain you own access via spiral key. You also gain a larger backpack, friends list, ability to post in boards as long as your membership is current, and probably a few other things I am forgetting.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Nope, you will still have access to those areas after your membership ends

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
no you don't. When you buy areas with crowns, they are permanently unlocked and every other wizard you have on that account will have access to the areas you bought with crowns regardless if you used a membership or not

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Caretaker123 on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
No. Any areas that you bought with crowns remain yours, and they will remain available to all characters on that account forever.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
No. The areas you bought with crowns will always be available for you to use, whether you have a subscription or not.

~ Vanessa

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
I've been playing Wizards for about 5 years now and I've always been a crowns player. I've purchased all of the areas. However, now that I've completed all of the areas (except for one quest in Krysalis), I want to work on getting better pet stats, so I've been doing the hatching thing. As a crowns player, I can only hatch 1 time per 24 hrs. As a subscription member, I could hatch faster (and have access to PVP and Pet Derby). Granted I can buy those PVP/PD at 80 per single session, 240 per 24 hr session unlimited access, but I may not always have crowns to play all the time.

My question: If I've purchased everything as a crowns player, buy a month membership to hatch more frequently, play in PVP and Pet Derby, if I go back to crowns after my subscription is over, do I lose all of the areas I purchased already as crowns player originally?

Thank you,
MD

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
MalornDragongrove on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
I've been playing Wizards for about 5 years now and I've always been a crowns player. I've purchased all of the areas. However, now that I've completed all of the areas (except for one quest in Krysalis), I want to work on getting better pet stats, so I've been doing the hatching thing. As a crowns player, I can only hatch 1 time per 24 hrs. As a subscription member, I could hatch faster (and have access to PVP and Pet Derby). Granted I can buy those PVP/PD at 80 per single session, 240 per 24 hr session unlimited access, but I may not always have crowns to play all the time.

My question: If I've purchased everything as a crowns player, buy a month membership to hatch more frequently, play in PVP and Pet Derby, if I go back to crowns after my subscription is over, do I lose all of the areas I purchased already as crowns player originally?

Thank you,
MD
All areas of the game you purchase with crowns are not lost if you convert from membership and then go back to a crowns player.

Areas you buy with crowns are not rented like memberships do, they are purchased for your for ever use.

Purchasing membership for pet training etc is probably your best route.

Mary

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
MalornDragongrove on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:

Thank you,
MD
Malorn, the simple answer is... NO...
You will not lose areas once you've bought them...

Any chance you've actually read the responses to the OP??

I'ts been explained throughout this thread, and many more within the forum.

Once you've bought an area, it's yours forever, on every wizard on your account.