Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More "plant life" for death-themed houses

AuthorMessage
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
So I have been decorating my death wizard's house, and have discovered that the only "plant life" available for a death themed house is dead trees, in three varieties -- dead, scorched, or dead with brambles.

Of course, death houses may not need a lot of plant "life", but some more options should be available.

How about:
brambles, thorn bushes, bushes with ravens in them, bubbling bog puddles, gnarled bushes and trees that have eyes that blink at you, dead brown grass areas, black flowers, snakes in the grass ...

Yes, there is the death house itself, which is great. But could we please have some more options for necromancers to spruce up their other abodes?

Have any of you other necromancers noticed this? What kinds of deathly items would the rest of you like to see?

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I'm not a necromancer, but would like to see some more macabre decorative offerings.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
FinnAgainWindrider on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
So I have been decorating my death wizard's house, and have discovered that the only "plant life" available for a death themed house is dead trees, in three varieties -- dead, scorched, or dead with brambles.

Of course, death houses may not need a lot of plant "life", but some more options should be available.

How about:
brambles, thorn bushes, bushes with ravens in them, bubbling bog puddles, gnarled bushes and trees that have eyes that blink at you, dead brown grass areas, black flowers, snakes in the grass ...

Yes, there is the death house itself, which is great. But could we please have some more options for necromancers to spruce up their other abodes?

Have any of you other necromancers noticed this? What kinds of deathly items would the rest of you like to see?
Yes yes yes! Finally someone else feels the pain I've felt when trying to decorate my Death and Wyrd houses! I completely agree! The only death plant life I use for the Death house is the dead briar trees and dead trees around the Wyrd house, but other than that I'm stuck to the old gravemarker here gravestone there. Don't get me wrong, my Death and Wyrd houses are amazing (from what everyone has told me that have gone on the tours and seen them), but what I find the most difficult to get is death themed furniture. The Wyrm and Spire beds are entirely spooky, more draconian in my opinion. The only furniture I've been able to find is Settees, a grand piano, grandfather clocks, and LOTS (and I counted I have about 86 between the Death and Wyrd houses) of candles. The outside is completely deathified, and my dorm is a (what I call) Ritual Room that gives people the creeps lol

But ya some more death themed housing items that are easily available (since most of the good stuff is either crowns, pack, or really rare drop items) would be amazing! I'm completely with you!

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Nightblood1995 on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Yes yes yes! Finally someone else feels the pain I've felt when trying to decorate my Death and Wyrd houses! I completely agree! The only death plant life I use for the Death house is the dead briar trees and dead trees around the Wyrd house, but other than that I'm stuck to the old gravemarker here gravestone there. Don't get me wrong, my Death and Wyrd houses are amazing (from what everyone has told me that have gone on the tours and seen them), but what I find the most difficult to get is death themed furniture. The Wyrm and Spire beds are entirely spooky, more draconian in my opinion. The only furniture I've been able to find is Settees, a grand piano, grandfather clocks, and LOTS (and I counted I have about 86 between the Death and Wyrd houses) of candles. The outside is completely deathified, and my dorm is a (what I call) Ritual Room that gives people the creeps lol

But ya some more death themed housing items that are easily available (since most of the good stuff is either crowns, pack, or really rare drop items) would be amazing! I'm completely with you!

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85
I had a typo I meant to say Wyrm and Spire beds AREN'T entirely spooky lol my bad.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Thanks Morgrim!

Any ideas for things you would like to see?

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
FinnAgainWindrider on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
Thanks Morgrim!

Any ideas for things you would like to see?
Definitely some death themed wallpapers and tiling. I've noticed some thorny-vine wallpaper around the inside of Nightshade's tower, which I'd love to have in my Death house. Even if we didn't get that specific wallapaper something like rotting floorboards or moldy floorboards or skull patterned wallpaper would be amazing XD

I personally would love to have a coffin for a bed, and more death themed wall hangings would be sweet XD I know we have a looped wall chain and a hanging wall chain but those are highly difficult to get since they're ALWAYS flying out of the Bazaar. There's not many death themed pictures to hang up either, except the Death Banner, Shield, Plaque, and (if you're lucky) a Night painting (though I tried that and it was way too bright for my dark and gloomy home).

The last thing I would enjoy to see is an option to change the outside skies, kind of like an outdoor wallpaper. I have a Red Barn Farm for gardening linked to my Death and Wyrd houses for gardening but it also kills the death vibe with being all bright and cheery. An option to change the sky outside would be amazing, and then I can be proud of my Farm while keeping the Death theme alive (or dead, whichever you prefer XD).

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I like the skies idea a lot. Making the skies into a kind of outdoor wallpaper would be cool. Then any house could change its feel dramatically, to suit the owner. I have a massive fantasy palace for my death wizard, which in size and layout is great -- but the cheery blue skies really limit my ability to give it any kind of death-vibe.

The indoor wallpaper changes would help too. They already have several in the game, when you go into some of the towers and such. Why not make them available to the rest of us?

I also noticed the blinking eyes in the sewer of my massive fantasy palace. Those would make a great wall hanging to have in any of our houses.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
FinnAgainWindrider on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
I like the skies idea a lot. Making the skies into a kind of outdoor wallpaper would be cool. Then any house could change its feel dramatically, to suit the owner. I have a massive fantasy palace for my death wizard, which in size and layout is great -- but the cheery blue skies really limit my ability to give it any kind of death-vibe.

The indoor wallpaper changes would help too. They already have several in the game, when you go into some of the towers and such. Why not make them available to the rest of us?

I also noticed the blinking eyes in the sewer of my massive fantasy palace. Those would make a great wall hanging to have in any of our houses.
Lol agreed a bush with blinking eyes or something would be creepy and cool XD and I told my friends about the 'sky change' option and they love it! I don't see why it shouldn't be added XD

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

Historian
May 06, 2009
I can definitely agree with more "deathly" plant items. I really like the ideas you two have posed.

I think a great idea to combine both your ideas would be school themed furniture packs. That way not only could a Death school furniture pack give those spooky-craved designers more room to create, other players looking to spice up their rooms with other school items can have that option.
So, if there were a Death School bedroom set, the bed could be a coffin. All furniture packs come with wallpapers and flooring, so players could have that death-themed wallpaper FinnAgainWindrider brought up. And maybe even to shake things up, they could add Outdoor furniture packs that come with a few plant times and a school or world themed patio set. I've always wanted KI to do something like this.

Hopefully, something along these lines is already up KI's sleeves (and then some..)

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
I can definitely agree with more "deathly" plant items. I really like the ideas you two have posed.

I think a great idea to combine both your ideas would be school themed furniture packs. That way not only could a Death school furniture pack give those spooky-craved designers more room to create, other players looking to spice up their rooms with other school items can have that option.
So, if there were a Death School bedroom set, the bed could be a coffin. All furniture packs come with wallpapers and flooring, so players could have that death-themed wallpaper FinnAgainWindrider brought up. And maybe even to shake things up, they could add Outdoor furniture packs that come with a few plant times and a school or world themed patio set. I've always wanted KI to do something like this.

Hopefully, something along these lines is already up KI's sleeves (and then some..)
Totally agree 100%! That's a flawless idea!

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:

great idea.