Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How did you start wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I was bored today, so i decided to come on the message boards. I then thought, why don't I post something people can comment on for fun?

So, I was thinking of topics, and then I thought, i should do something asking How you started Wizard101? So, comment here, your memories of starting Wizard101.

I started at a 4th of July Getogether. My sister's friend asked me and my sister if we wanted Wizard101 accounts. I didn't know what it was, but i decided why not? So we went on and started to make accounts. She showed us a few things with her wizard first, and it looked fun. The next day, i started to play. I liked it a little at first. I eventually started to play it everyday. I then got to the point where i needed a membership to continue. After i got a membership, i loved it. I played everyday. I love Wizard101.

Angela Gem
Level 91

Defender
May 11, 2012
I never intended to start Wizard101 for myself. A couple of years ago, my daughter and I saw the commercial and, as a parent, I started a free account to check it out to make sure it was something good for her. Well, needless to say, once I had gone as far as I could for free, I was addicted and had to become a member!
I ended up buying her a membership also, and we had so much fun together! She has since moved on to something else, but I am still here trying to work myself through Avalon. Most of the people on my friends list have moved on also, so if anybody sees me around and needs a questing buddy, feel free to ask. I have been stuck in the same place for almost a year now.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Angela Gem on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
I was bored today, so i decided to come on the message boards. I then thought, why don't I post something people can comment on for fun?

So, I was thinking of topics, and then I thought, i should do something asking How you started Wizard101? So, comment here, your memories of starting Wizard101.

I started at a 4th of July Getogether. My sister's friend asked me and my sister if we wanted Wizard101 accounts. I didn't know what it was, but i decided why not? So we went on and started to make accounts. She showed us a few things with her wizard first, and it looked fun. The next day, i started to play. I liked it a little at first. I eventually started to play it everyday. I then got to the point where i needed a membership to continue. After i got a membership, i loved it. I played everyday. I love Wizard101.

Angela Gem
Level 91
I was bored one day at work looking for something to do. I stumbled across Wizard101 while searching for games, and though I didn't download it at work I did once I got home. I played the free areas, did a one-month membership to be sure and have never looked back. That was over 3 years ago and I still play every day.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
My daughter was playing it in the free to play areas, and loved it. I decided to join her one day, to see what it was all about and if it was really appropriate. I loved it too. In fact, I got more caught up in the game than she was. Now it is several years and several wizards later, and we are still having a good time.

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
I was a little kid and I saw the w101 commercial for grizzleheim So I was like that looked fun and made my account. But back then my mom had this really old computer and it was gonna take about two days to load fully so I just cut it off and didn't even think twice about playing it until two years later, when I was at my moms boyfriends house I was looking at his laptop. And I saw the game called wizard101 so somehow I remembered my password and username so I logged on and something about the storm snake in unicorn way made me just want to continue playing. So ever since then I have been playing everyday I played the most during the level 60 cap months

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Angela Gem on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:

Angela Gem
Level 91
Saw the commercials thought it was fun. And now i'm a Legendary before even getting to Zafaria. (close though.)

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Sigh. Sad. :'(

After the horrible closing of Toontown, I had to go somewhere. I had remembered my old wizard101 account, which I had abandoned after reaching the point where I needed a subscription. I began playing on my theurgist (I had two wizards at the point, they were both level 9's) I fell in love.

That's how I started playing wizard101. Sometimes, i'm actually happy that Toontown closed, so that I could try something new...

~ Vanessa

Survivor
May 04, 2013
Way back in 2008 my siblings and I were watching television on a chilly November afternoon, and during a commercial we saw Ninja pigs, and that pretty much convinced us that we needed to join, and the rest is history. Over 5 years later, I still play

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
My best friend had been playing for three years, maybe a little more. She thought I'd like the game and told me about it. I installed it on my computer and was immediately hooked. I play more than she does. LOL

Miranda Nightsinger, Transcendent Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 14, 2013
Vanessa891011 on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Sigh. Sad. :'(

After the horrible closing of Toontown, I had to go somewhere. I had remembered my old wizard101 account, which I had abandoned after reaching the point where I needed a subscription. I began playing on my theurgist (I had two wizards at the point, they were both level 9's) I fell in love.

That's how I started playing wizard101. Sometimes, i'm actually happy that Toontown closed, so that I could try something new...

~ Vanessa
Yea, I really miss Toontown, but it was toontastic while it lasted!

Survivor
Dec 14, 2013
In about 2010 or so, I was surfin' the web and I came across Wizard101, I tried it out and I loved it! I kept playing, but in late 2012 I stoped playing. I started playing it again in late 2013 and i've been playing it ever since!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
I started because my dad saw the commercial for Wizard101 and I thought, why not give it try? I made an account and started to play. I have loved it ever since.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
Autumn Rain on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
I never intended to start Wizard101 for myself. A couple of years ago, my daughter and I saw the commercial and, as a parent, I started a free account to check it out to make sure it was something good for her. Well, needless to say, once I had gone as far as I could for free, I was addicted and had to become a member!
I ended up buying her a membership also, and we had so much fun together! She has since moved on to something else, but I am still here trying to work myself through Avalon. Most of the people on my friends list have moved on also, so if anybody sees me around and needs a questing buddy, feel free to ask. I have been stuck in the same place for almost a year now.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79
i'll help give me a time meet me in caliburn in the wraith realm

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
Story time!

'Twas april first! (I think) and I was pretty much bored to tears and so I had heard some friends of mine say it was a great game and that I should download it! since my bro, (Who hates W101 in every way shape or form) wasn't around, I made an account, funnily, I would have been storm if I didn't have to go sooner because I went on later and didn't find my storm dude and made a death (Which im perfectly fine with because death is awesome) and have been hooked pretty much ever since.

~Luke NightTalon lvl63

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I saw a friend playing the game and played at home. Once I got to the limit of the free accounts, I got my dad addicted to the game as well. So fun playing this with my dad

Survivor
Jan 16, 2012
When ever I went to my Grandmas house and went on the computer, I kept on seeing the wizard101 button. After months of seeing it I finally gave it a try. I immediately fell in love with it, and have been playing even since.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2011
I was at my cousin's house, she asked "do you want to make an account?" I got addicted, even though i was a total noob.

Chris Stormcaster, lvl 20 wizard

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
While visiting my mom, I saw my niece playing Wizard101. Knowing she would visit me after school the next day, I spent that evening downloading the game. Since I had to make my own account to start the download, I decided to see what the game was about. By 3:00 in the morning I had finished the free areas and hooked. I immediately got a sub and have been playing ever since.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
I accidentally clicked on an ad for it lol
got addicted to it very quickly though.

Dolan Frostthistle Grandmaster

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
I... don't remember. Honestly, I think I was searching for something and an ad for Wizard101 popped up, so I went like "Oh, this game, where you gotta pay after a while" So I just made a new account, and then after finishing the free areas, convinced my dad to get me membership, ah the memories.

Robert Angleblade
Promethean Theurgist (L95)

Survivor
Dec 19, 2013
I played Pirates of the Caribbean and Toontown until they were canceled by Disney and I got sick of World of Warcraft which has gradually been dumbed down and is no longer worth the subscription price.

Wizard was recommended by some former Toon town players and after I tried it I fell in love with the game.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
i was bored i came to this website and saw wizard101 i kinda thought about it so me and my friends can play and thats how ravenlady is wrong

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
A few years ago, I was at my friends' house and she was playing Wizard101. I began to ask her a bunch of questions, and helped her kill Lady Blackhope. I went home that day and attempted to install it, but we couldn't at the time because chrome wasn't an option. A few years later at the end of 2012 she continued to ramble on how great the game was. She didn't have a sub at the time so she was a level 14. I tried that night and by then chrome was an option and it worked just fine. I begged my grandparents for a sub and they finally said yes. It wasn't till I was in DS I realized that the game I played in 2011 was the same game I was addicted to.

My friend is a level 33, stuck with no membership in Marleybone. Also, when I began, I took the quiz and got death. It was described as serious, and mysterious and that didn't describe me. So I retook the quiz and got balance.

Defender
May 01, 2011
One day for my birthday, my cousin came over and we were watching TV. A commercial for the game came on and it looked really cool, so we went to the website. Then we made accounts, then we played together, then we got memberships. We played a lot, the game is so fun!

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
i found an ad popping up on the internet. i didn't know what it was, i loved wizards, so i went on youtube and i thought it was awesome! i downloaded it, with an account. i started the free areas, then i got to the point where i needed to be a member. i bought it for 1 year, my level 50 is almost done dragonspyre (can't find the key to malistaire) my level 33 started marleybone

the ad i got to download it STILL popes up today!