Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Legendary pets. (increasing the pet level)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
hey folks,

After hatching a fair amount of times and creating a nice pet. Leveling it to mega and just looking at all the awesome epic talents yet to be unlocked i was thinking: isnt it time to increase the pet level? And how will this be done? Will it consume 12 energy per training session and does it need 4000 experience? Or will we get an exclusive quest to level a pet to Legendary? (level 6)

What do you think? Are we ready for a pet level increase? And how should this be done?

Leave your thoughts and feedback here :)

Noah Shadowweaver level 95

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Personally, I think this would be a great idea.
Too bad the PVP crowd would have it nerfed as soon as a Legendary pet came in and extended the life of it's wizard.
Imagine if the Legendary pet got Proof, Defy and Fire proof as it's first three, then Sprite, the non casting fairy and May cast pierce...

The fire wizard you're PVPing couldn't damage yo uenough to burn off his tears of frustration, and would only complain tyo KI and have the Legendary Pets BANNED from all accounts.....

All joking aside, I like this idea, and would personally put the 4000 points into training to Legendary

Survivor
May 27, 2010
I have a life wizard with a green cat thug and just started training him 2 weeks ago and he is half way done with epic and onto mega and over this time I have realized that it took just a short time to get it there and was bummed that soon I get him to mega that was it and I had to look else where "hatching". But the thought of adding new pet lvls would be great and a better challenge plus more talents to help wizards if they didn't get the talents they wanted so I am all for the new pet lvls. ThomasLegendHammer (lvl 43)

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Noah Shadowweaver on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
hey folks,

After hatching a fair amount of times and creating a nice pet. Leveling it to mega and just looking at all the awesome epic talents yet to be unlocked i was thinking: isnt it time to increase the pet level? And how will this be done? Will it consume 12 energy per training session and does it need 4000 experience? Or will we get an exclusive quest to level a pet to Legendary? (level 6)

What do you think? Are we ready for a pet level increase? And how should this be done?

Leave your thoughts and feedback here :)

Noah Shadowweaver level 95
Might as well let us open all 10 slots up

4k rank 6 pet 12E per turn
8k rank 7 pet 14E per turn
16k rank 8 pet 16E per turn
32k rank 9 pet 18E per turn
64k rank 10 pet 20E per turn

ki will roll in the money on energy bottles - perhaps even sell a bigger snack pack with 75-100 point mega snacks

and customers will complain they got a selfish at rank 10 :D

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
instead of adding a 6th talent how about a option to remove a talent once the pet hit mega? I dont know how it is for others but some of my pets got amazing talent pools just to become duds when i level them.
I wish that once the pet hit mega we could have a option to remove a talent we were unhappy with, pushing the pet down to epic, and give us a new chance for one of the other hidden talents

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Ryan, that's an awesome idea.
I know I'd spend months doing this if I could manifest all 10 talents.
I've spent months breeding the 10 talents I like into my pet.
I've got 8 of my 10 talents that I'm severely happy right now, and would bring gargantuan into the fold of talents, hopefully removing mana gift based on location.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
sstoreide on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
instead of adding a 6th talent how about a option to remove a talent once the pet hit mega? I dont know how it is for others but some of my pets got amazing talent pools just to become duds when i level them.
I wish that once the pet hit mega we could have a option to remove a talent we were unhappy with, pushing the pet down to epic, and give us a new chance for one of the other hidden talents
Oh wow this is such a great idea! When I'm training one of my pets I'm always very nervous that their next skill maybe a pet/derby talent that doesn't really benefit me and puts other wizards off hatching with you even though your pet may have other great talents.
This idea is great for those pets that only have one talent because once you'd removed it you know it would be gone for good.
Your idea would also be good for KI as I'm sure lots of pet owners would buy mega snacks to get back to the level they have dropped.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sarg042 on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
Ryan, that's an awesome idea.
I know I'd spend months doing this if I could manifest all 10 talents.
I've spent months breeding the 10 talents I like into my pet.
I've got 8 of my 10 talents that I'm severely happy right now, and would bring gargantuan into the fold of talents, hopefully removing mana gift based on location.
I agree I would work towards higher levels too. My pets all have 8-10 great talents anyways. Right now it's just a matter of getting the right 5 at once. With all 10 available it would be just a matter of time. There would be some outrageously overpowered pets, including some of mine. The biggest problem with the idea is the reality of the outcome. PvP would throw a tantrum and hold their breath until KI took away everything.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
I personally dont think this is a good idea at all. Mega just came out not too long ago, and think about how long epic was the pet cap. Now imagine a pet with Proof defy fairy unicorn and two damage talents.(or anything else that floats your boat.) Its too much of an advantage for the people who do farm EMP's and train several pets. Not saying I wouldnt love a 6th talent, but think about all of those pvp players who have their baby wildclaws or piggles. Legendary pets arent quite ready yet. Maybe in the next new world.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I would love it. I don't think it will happen though because the first person to loose a PvP match will raise such a stink.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
It would be nice if the pet level was increased. It's so easy for me to get my pets to mega..