Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hallowe'en Hat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2011
I am trying to get the Hallowe'en hat from Lord Nightshade but I am not sure if he drops when its not Halloween. If anybody knows the answer please tell me.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Firedragonlover123 on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
I am trying to get the Hallowe'en hat from Lord Nightshade but I am not sure if he drops when its not Halloween. If anybody knows the answer please tell me.
It is at the holiday only. Details are here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Lord_Nightshade

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
The Halloween hats were only in October, sorry, but he dosent drop them until next October.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Firedragonlover123 on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
He doesn't drop it currently because he usually only drops it during Halloween.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Oddly during questing we have a Pirate Pumpkin and a Clover Leaf wand in our back packs, not sure where the pumpkin came from but think the wand came from Trial of Spheres? I don't remember collecting off holiday items while not around that holiday before. This was recent questing right after the last batch of updates where all our houses are crated up and have to reload.

Maybe a glitch? Normally holiday items are only available for drops around the holiday they are for.

Mary

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
As others have said, it is only available at Halloween. Then you can also buy it from Spooky Bob in the shopping area.

If you must have it now, you could try buying the nightmare packs during Pack a Palooza, as it is possible to get it there -- although buying packs is a gamble, you never know for sure what you will get.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
Guys read Wizard101's twitter. It says holiday item drop rates have been increased.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
CaptainJack74011 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
Guys read Wizard101's twitter. It says holiday item drop rates have been increased.
Thank you. I don't rely on Twitter. That's why I come to this Message Board. I did check on Facebook, and this is what Wizard101 posted on Jan. 31:

"Good news for our players! While holiday items are not intended to drop in the off-season it would appear that they are!

We will change these drop rates in a future game update, however in the meantime -- enjoy the increased holiday item drop rates!"

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Its possible for now... bosses are going to drop holiday stuff. Go see for yourself, it's on twitter.

~ Vanessa

Edit: I checked last night, it's back to normal now. Sorry.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Once again, I don't follow Twitter, but I did find this update on wizard101central.com:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?399053-Holiday-Item-drop-rates-fixed

Post #10 on that thread (from today, 2/5) says:

From KingsIsle on Twitter:

"I can confirm that the off-season holiday drops have been removed but when Valentina returns later this week, her items will be available."

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
AluraMist2 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
Thank you. I don't rely on Twitter. That's why I come to this Message Board. I did check on Facebook, and this is what Wizard101 posted on Jan. 31:

"Good news for our players! While holiday items are not intended to drop in the off-season it would appear that they are!

We will change these drop rates in a future game update, however in the meantime -- enjoy the increased holiday item drop rates!"
Hench that explains the Pirate Pumkin head and 4 leaf clover in our back packs recently.

Mary