Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unlocking Boss Drops

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
I've been farming Charmtooth for over a month, that' s at least five times a day or more,for the celestial shield.
The loremaster even longer,and now i'm farming the crystaline Queen for tc.

Please Please Please !!!!!!!

Unlock their drops after say fifty battles so we can buy with crowns.

Its getting very discouraging and very boring.

Thanks for your consideration

Victoria Thunder

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
I haven't had much experience with farming bosses, just about a day of farming Ivan soulsinger for wand, but I agree that this should be implemented into the game in some way.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Personally, I don't mind the drop rates.
I actually think that if the items you're farming for were dropped quickly, there'd be no challenge to gettign what you're after.

The celestial Shield from Charmtooth took me over 300 fights, bbut, they were all during cooldowns from crafting the other needed pieces to the Celestial Tower anyway.

The Loremaster spells...
Really...
5 fights for a spell...
That would mean yo ucould get all her drops in a single day of farming her...
Does that not sound a little rediculous to you??
I can jump a freshly created character, to my LvL 95 death, both go into the Loremaster, spend the day farming, and end up with a LvL 1 Character with all the Loremaster spells before he even does a single actual quest....
Rediculous.

Honestly, the drop rates are random.
Sometimes you come out ahead,a nd get what you want right aay, sometimes you have to work at it....

Think about this...

What do we teach the younger players when they get everything they want without actually having to work for it???
I'm an older player, with loads of job experience, and tonnes of life experience.
I'm still afirm believer in working for what I get, and I like the fact that my daughter, who plays this game as well, also learns that lesson here.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
victoria death mis... on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
I've been farming Charmtooth for over a month, that' s at least five times a day or more,for the celestial shield.
The loremaster even longer,and now i'm farming the crystaline Queen for tc.

Please Please Please !!!!!!!

Unlock their drops after say fifty battles so we can buy with crowns.

Its getting very discouraging and very boring.

Thanks for your consideration

Victoria Thunder
your your have tons of $ to toss at crowns you can buy some packs to get spells. Loremaster does drop them but its going to take you a while and 50 times is nothing at a camp like that. I did that camp on many characters at least 10,000 + times to get all the spells i wanted. doing such a change would be a slap in the face of others who earned it the normal way or even to some who farmed gardens for like a year to get amber to craft some of them before the amber regent became a common drop in AQ

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
How is defeating a boss 50 times giving me something.

I work very hard for my allowance,so I can play this game and crowns for a few perks.
And I worked very hard to reach level 91.
I may be young and i may be blonde and (btw) very pretty but I'm not dumb.

So what do I get for that 40 dollar bundle card,

1 outfit: what are the odds its better then what I have.

1 spell :school and level of wizard

housing items : My pet may enjoy them

1 pet :how many pets do you have already I wish I could feed some of them to the pet I use in battle

reagents :Other then sunstone and Amber all above 900 get feed to my pet

Treasure card (s)
I pawn them off at Bazaar once a week because I have to many .

House? idk

5000 crowns

The bundle cards are fine for the noob

This is not a good value for my money

I really don't need an employee of KI patronizing me about my suggestion.

Victoria Thunder

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Sarg042 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
Personally, I don't mind the drop rates.
I actually think that if the items you're farming for were dropped quickly, there'd be no challenge to gettign what you're after.

The celestial Shield from Charmtooth took me over 300 fights, bbut, they were all during cooldowns from crafting the other needed pieces to the Celestial Tower anyway.

The Loremaster spells...
Really...
5 fights for a spell...
That would mean yo ucould get all her drops in a single day of farming her...
Does that not sound a little rediculous to you??
I can jump a freshly created character, to my LvL 95 death, both go into the Loremaster, spend the day farming, and end up with a LvL 1 Character with all the Loremaster spells before he even does a single actual quest....
Rediculous.

Honestly, the drop rates are random.
Sometimes you come out ahead,a nd get what you want right aay, sometimes you have to work at it....

Think about this...

What do we teach the younger players when they get everything they want without actually having to work for it???
I'm an older player, with loads of job experience, and tonnes of life experience.
I'm still afirm believer in working for what I get, and I like the fact that my daughter, who plays this game as well, also learns that lesson here.
5 fights for a spell? I wish I was you lol. I fought the lore master about 20 times and no spells, then however because of hades withdraw(did I use that term right?) I quit because of sheer farming depression. also farming a boss over 50 times and then suggesting something that could help those that have put in the time but haven't gotten the reward is not lazy, they put in well over enough time and deserve what they want for there hard work.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Um...
Who is the Employee of KI who is patronizing you about your suggestion Victoria??

I've read through the entire thread, and I didn't see one.

Did they delete their post?

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013