Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

perfect death pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
I am just now getting started learning as much as I can about hatching abilities etc I am a 75th death wizard and I have been trying to get pets to help suit my char but this is a long and hard road from what I am understanding what my question is what would be the best abilities in a death wizards eyes to have on a pet? I know that views may vary but trying to get at least a good understanding thanks all for the help!

Survivor
Jan 19, 2012
A good death pet for your lvl would be a red ghost pet with mc fairy shatter enfeeblement 10% universal resist aka spell proof and infailable or mc charm
Blazedeathbringer lvl 50 warlord

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
I'm a life wizard, but I do know some overall good pet talents... Get ready for a really long list.
  • Pain Giver- adds more universal damage
  • Spell Defy- adds more universal resistance
  • Spell Proof- adds more universal resistance
  • Spritely- pet may cast sprite spell
  • Unicorn- pet may cast unicorn spell
  • Fairy Friend- pet may cast fairy (this seems to trigger more often)
  • Cloud o' Bug- pet may cast locust swarm
  • Sharp Shot- adds more universal accuracy
  • Guardian Wall- pet may cast tower shield
  • Critical Striker- increases critical rating
  • Critical Hitter- increases critical rating
  • Incredibly Infallible- pet may cast infallible
  • Energizing Battery- pet may cast healing current
  • Healthy- increases incoming heals
  • Healer- increases outgoing heals

Now, the death-specific talents...
  • Death Giver- adds more death damage
  • Death Trap- pet may cast death trap
  • Death Blade- pet may cast death blade
  • Death Shot- adds more death accuracy
  • Death Shield- pet may cast death shield
  • Death Striker- increases death critical rating

Ummm, I hope you find what your looking for. I think I got pretty much a ton of the non-selfish and very popular talents. :) I changed the colors in between each talent so it's easier to read.

~ Vanessa

Survivor
May 27, 2013
I am working on one that has critical striker, vengeance, fairy, spell proof and either pain giver or death giver. I have one level to see if it was a success

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
It depends how you are playing. Death can do a lot of different things. Solo questing I like spell proof, sharp shot, death dealer, fairy, and another damage boost like pain giver. That's enough defense, strong offense, and helps the lack of accuracy in most if the higher level death gear. Shadow Beasts & Red Ghost give good cards. For 1v1 PvP I'd change out the second damage to may cast infallible & shot to spell defy, since i need to pierce resist a lot, and want more defense myself.

On teams I mostly tank and buff so I like resist and the unicorn talent, since it helps the team and triggers when I get hit, or hit myself like with Dark Pact. I don't want damage boost for that, so it is all resist, healing, and maybe an extra blade or trap card. Universal buffs are best so maybe a Deer knight, Polar Fox, or any Dragonblade giving pet.

If I am playing with my life or ice friends, then I hit more. So more damage, like solo but maybe two or three damage boosts.

Don't go crazy trying to get just one perfect pet right away. Just get a few talents you like & work from there. You might end up with a few you use for different situations, and a lot of fails. It takes a while, but it's well worth it to have what you want.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Kane Shadowtail on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
I am just now getting started learning as much as I can about hatching abilities etc I am a 75th death wizard and I have been trying to get pets to help suit my char but this is a long and hard road from what I am understanding what my question is what would be the best abilities in a death wizards eyes to have on a pet? I know that views may vary but trying to get at least a good understanding thanks all for the help!
Our high level death wizard is pretty self sufficient so his pet is here nor there but he likes his school given Scarecrow. At ancient he has MC death blade, death trap and Spritely - it's one of our few pets that still casts it pretty regular. His gear is so so but he plays this school the best of all of them so can plow though any content presented to him, I think it's luck = lol.

I have always wanted a SPUD pet but it's more miss then hit. I have Spell Proof finally but can not get all the traits into one pet and am still missing Defy. I have never asked for anything from anyone in the game and won't start with pets. If you have the resources needed available to you the chore is much less of an undertaking and actually maybe enjoyable. It can also become more of the game then the game by the time you plan it all out, farm, garden etc. I have found playing my wizard better was more effective for me but can see why people complain content is too easy when they have all these things going for them.

I did like this guide though.
http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/perfect-pvp-pets-part-1/

Also a Kane

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Northlite on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Our high level death wizard is pretty self sufficient so his pet is here nor there but he likes his school given Scarecrow. At ancient he has MC death blade, death trap and Spritely - it's one of our few pets that still casts it pretty regular. His gear is so so but he plays this school the best of all of them so can plow though any content presented to him, I think it's luck = lol.

I have always wanted a SPUD pet but it's more miss then hit. I have Spell Proof finally but can not get all the traits into one pet and am still missing Defy. I have never asked for anything from anyone in the game and won't start with pets. If you have the resources needed available to you the chore is much less of an undertaking and actually maybe enjoyable. It can also become more of the game then the game by the time you plan it all out, farm, garden etc. I have found playing my wizard better was more effective for me but can see why people complain content is too easy when they have all these things going for them.

I did like this guide though.
http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/perfect-pvp-pets-part-1/

Also a Kane
I have an Epic Enchanted Armament with:

3 Sharpen Blade Cards
May Cast Fairy
May Cast Spritely
May Cast Pierce
+10 Spell Proof (true 10)
+5 Spell Defy

If you'd like to give a shot at hatching and have the 45-50k gold needed.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
For a death wizard one of the best pets is the penumbra drake. It is available through the nightmare pack, available now in pack a palooza.

With death you don't need healing pets so much, because death spells themselves already heal. So getting a pet that massively boosts your attack abilities and defense abilities is very helpful. The penumbra drake does that, and has a pedigree of 72. It gives blades, traps, spell resistance, and vengeance to boost critical.

Then if you want to go further and hatch it with healing pets, I suppose you could. Normally for my other school wizards healing in pets is a must, but not for death. I have found even without the healing talents this pet is awesome.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
seethe42 on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
I have an Epic Enchanted Armament with:

3 Sharpen Blade Cards
May Cast Fairy
May Cast Spritely
May Cast Pierce
+10 Spell Proof (true 10)
+5 Spell Defy

If you'd like to give a shot at hatching and have the 45-50k gold needed.
Your offer is very generous and I thank you for that. I do appreciate that you are willing to help others in and with the game.

Mary

P.S. My luck is so bad with pets I would not ask you to waste your gold on me .