Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sides?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
Ok. This is a newby question from way back as far as when these games were played on a sheet of paper, with dice, but it's one thing I don't know, and haven't been able to figure out on my own. Could someone please take the time to explain, in reff. to deck building, what "sides" are, and how they are used? I've managed to get a couple wizards up passed lvl 40 without knowing this, but it sure sounds interesting.

Thanks in advance,
Wandering Willy

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RamblinWilly on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
Ok. This is a newby question from way back as far as when these games were played on a sheet of paper, with dice, but it's one thing I don't know, and haven't been able to figure out on my own. Could someone please take the time to explain, in reff. to deck building, what "sides" are, and how they are used? I've managed to get a couple wizards up passed lvl 40 without knowing this, but it sure sounds interesting.

Thanks in advance,
Wandering Willy
Are you talking about Treasure cards that can be put in your "side" deck? It also called your side board by some.

The treasure cards you can put in your side deck are like the spells you put in your regular deck and while in battle right mouse click to Draw them? While in deck view in your quest book there is a little gold card looking icon at the top right, that you click on so see what TC's you have. Depending on the deck you are using you can click on the Treasure card and it will add to your current deck.

You can get Treasure Cards as drops, from the Bazaar and Vendors in certain worlds. You can also make your own with the fist cards like Giant and so on. All TC's are one time use. If you fizzle or don't use it it goes back in the Sideboard.

Don't be afraid to ask questions it's how we learn the game.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
RamblinWilly on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Wandering Willy
The sidebar in your deck is where you hold treasure cards. You can draw from the side any time in battle by right clicking a regular card to discard it, then click draw. Treasure Cards are available from various dealers around the spiral, from crafting, from the bazaar and from battle drops. They are one time use spells. Hope that answers your questions.

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
You're probably referring to the sideboard the deck has.

The sideboard and its number is how much item cards it can hold. (from pets, gear, the deck itself, etc.)

(There is a link provided if you don't know what a general item card is)

The sideboard is also the number of treasure cards it can hold.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
It is your treasure cards, did you mean "sideboard?"

Hope this helped!

~Angela Gem

Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
Thanks very much for the replies. I guess I'm just guilty of over-engineering a non existant problem.
I do understand about TC cards and the rest, just was stumbling over the description of the decks as having x number of copies, and x number of sideboards. Guess I got better answers than I had questions. Thank you all for responding.