Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell Type for 3rd Arc

AuthorMessage
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Instead of just giving us a rank 11 attack/heal that is more powerful than the last or just adds more effects I propose learning "cheats" for PvE use only. This idea still needs a lot of work, so chime in with suggestions.

any single attack without a blade triggers a 70% shield of same school on defender
any attack on a shield triggers a 40% universal trap on attacker
any single attack without a trap triggers a 60% smoke screen to all
any single attack without a blade triggers a 40% universal blade to defender
any healing spell triggers a unicorn with absorb
any single attack without a trap triggers 75%/25% feint on attacker
any single attack without a trap triggers pirece and stun to all attackers

These aren't extremely well thought out ideas, just meant as example ideas. Adding different school abilities/cheats like this as we level up would also address issues of limited pips and deck space, since they require neither. Let me know your ideas along this line.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
I like them but Life should get more than a healing spell. Everything I see about a new Life spell is healing. Why can't anyone make something else? I think any single attack should give the user a universal +45% blade. I know it's more than the other schools but we all know how Life could use the extra damage. Same with Ice, you should make it a +50% universal trap. I like the unicorn idea but with all the healing pets were fine. We can get fairy spamming pets if we put enough work into them. I hope you like my changes.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
MustachCashDash on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
I like them but Life should get more than a healing spell. Everything I see about a new Life spell is healing. Why can't anyone make something else? I think any single attack should give the user a universal +45% blade. I know it's more than the other schools but we all know how Life could use the extra damage. Same with Ice, you should make it a +50% universal trap. I like the unicorn idea but with all the healing pets were fine. We can get fairy spamming pets if we put enough work into them. I hope you like my changes.
I agree that life doesn't need any more healing, but yet another 45% blade is a bit OP, given that we have 2 already (wt crafted robe and shango's amulet/seely wizard's torc).

Otherwise, I think the op's idea is kind of neat, as long as it stays no-pvp.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I understand that life doesn't really need more healing spells. My thinking was that another 0 pip heal all would free up life's pips more. The point was to make it so life doesn't need to waste pips healing. Think of it like this, every time Hades heals, he's healing you and all your friends for you at 0 pip cost.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
seethe42 on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
Instead of just giving us a rank 11 attack/heal that is more powerful than the last or just adds more effects I propose learning "cheats" for PvE use only. This idea still needs a lot of work, so chime in with suggestions.

any single attack without a blade triggers a 70% shield of same school on defender
any attack on a shield triggers a 40% universal trap on attacker
any single attack without a trap triggers a 60% smoke screen to all
any single attack without a blade triggers a 40% universal blade to defender
any healing spell triggers a unicorn with absorb
any single attack without a trap triggers 75%/25% feint on attacker
any single attack without a trap triggers pirece and stun to all attackers

These aren't extremely well thought out ideas, just meant as example ideas. Adding different school abilities/cheats like this as we level up would also address issues of limited pips and deck space, since they require neither. Let me know your ideas along this line.
How about after whatever our quest is for these spells, our teachers always tell us to meet Mavra Flamewing in Dragonspyre. We have to defeat her again, but after this battle she says:

Mavra: "You want to know how to cheat, eh? Go to Sergei Sneakcaster in Dragonspyre Academy, he's in the death school last I heard, but he's a trickster, so I can't be certain."

*In the death school* Sergei: "How did you get in here? Mavra told you I was here? I must move quickly, there's such thing as too many visitors. You wish to cheat? Ravenwood's finally using fowlplay? I suppose you must do to beat (insert 3rd arc villain's name here). Well then, the Forgery of Cheats allows you to make 1 cheat per Fowl point you have. Lucky for you, you have one from Morganthe, Mallistaire didn't get one in time, but every huge villain has one, so you'll get approximately 1 cheat for every five worlds you destroy/save, from previous demonstrations. Come, I will teach you how the forge works."

*When you use the forge, you see 2 wheels (like when making your name)*

Sergei: "The first wheel is the trigger, this can be 'when charm cast' or 'when hit by AoE' or many others. The second wheel is the spell. You select the spell you want to cast, and for each Fowl Point allows a spell up to five pips, if you have two Fowl Points, you can use up to a ten pip spell. At the moment you can only use up to a five pip spell, so choose one, or wait until you get another point."