Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

That statue in Wizard City

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Apparently, there is a statue in wizard city (that I keep ignoring). What is it there for? Who are the wizards standing on the statue? Why is the statue even there? What does the writing on the statue mean? How come you can't speak the words written on the statue with the chat? I wish for all these questions to be answered. That is all.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
So i'll try to answer your questions

What is it there for?

Apparently nothing, yet. I am lvl 79 and still nothing to do with the fountain. Except for the time on lvl 12 where I had to collect some pond water for my Ice prism.

Who are the wizards standing on the statue?

This is only my opinion but I think that before us, they were some kind of legend in Wizard City. Maybe for saving the Spiral?

Why is the statue even there?

No idea.

What does the writing on the statue mean? How come you can't speak the words written on the statue with chat?

Again my opinion. The writing says "Gratias Ago Vos", which sounds a lot like Gracias a los dos in Spanish. In English this mean Thank you both of you. I think its written like that because instead of English the main language in the Spiral is that one. Also the reason I think Wizard101 doesn't let you write that in chat is: 1. Why would anyone want to write that. 2. Its not even a real language.

Hope this helps!

Ian Dragonshield lvl 79
Luke Skywalker lvl 19

" It only takes a single spark of courage to ignite the fires of hope"

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Belgrim MoonDreame... on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
Apparently, there is a statue in wizard city (that I keep ignoring). What is it there for? Who are the wizards standing on the statue? Why is the statue even there? What does the writing on the statue mean? How come you can't speak the words written on the statue with the chat? I wish for all these questions to be answered. That is all.
Here is a reply from The Friendly Necromancer's page about the statue:

http://thefriendlynecromancer.blogspot.com/2009/09/whats-new-statue-in-commons.html

It first appeared when Wizard101 celebrated their "1 million players".

And then it re-appeared for their "5 million players".

He thinks that the saying means "Thank you, everyone."

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Luke Skysleeper on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
So i'll try to answer your questions

What is it there for?

Apparently nothing, yet. I am lvl 79 and still nothing to do with the fountain. Except for the time on lvl 12 where I had to collect some pond water for my Ice prism.

Who are the wizards standing on the statue?

This is only my opinion but I think that before us, they were some kind of legend in Wizard City. Maybe for saving the Spiral?

Why is the statue even there?

No idea.

What does the writing on the statue mean? How come you can't speak the words written on the statue with chat?

Again my opinion. The writing says "Gratias Ago Vos", which sounds a lot like Gracias a los dos in Spanish. In English this mean Thank you both of you. I think its written like that because instead of English the main language in the Spiral is that one. Also the reason I think Wizard101 doesn't let you write that in chat is: 1. Why would anyone want to write that. 2. Its not even a real language.

Hope this helps!

Ian Dragonshield lvl 79
Luke Skywalker lvl 19

" It only takes a single spark of courage to ignite the fires of hope"
Gratias Ago Vos is Latin, it merely means Thank You.