Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI Should Make a Gardening App

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
You know how KI made the "Grub Guardian" game that allowed you to level your pets up, even away from the game? I think KI should make a similar game/app that works for Plants.

Many players have stated they've had trouble keeping their plants alive because they might stay away too long and their plants would begin to wilt or die. I think it would cool if KI created a game set up similar to Grub Guardian where you could take care of your plants away from the game.

One way I see it working is, after logging in, you can choose your player like on Grub Guardian. Then, instead of choosing pets, you could choose one of your player's houses. I don't think KI should remake a cartoon drawn version of your house like they did with the pets. The selected houses represents the plants that are plotted their.

After that, you could see a row of your plants that you've planted. Like the pets, the plants would be redrawn into that more cartoon looking version on Grub Guardian. The game could show you what level your plants are at, if they're wilting, if they have pests, and what needs they need. All your spells that you have acquired would be shown in a bar near the bottom of the screen. You could use your Energy to take care of them like you would for Grub Guardian. If you were to use a spell that hits multiple plants, such as pest spells, plants in the row would be highlighted to let you know whose included in your spell and whose not. You could still Harvest your plants as well.

The limitations that come about in my mind is that, you can't plant any new soil plots. You couldn't place any housing items that the plant might like either, but these are not neccessary things for the game.

I think it would help with those players who take time off from the game, yet still have plants to tend to.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
If it's a really basic app you could use just to care for the plants, I would love it. I have longed for something like that.

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
Good idea! I have thought of this before, but I think that I forgot. My plants always seem to die because I don't sit around my laptop all week watching them. I also use my iPad a lot, so an app would be great!

Although, unlike Grub Guardian, it should be an international app. I live in New Zealand, so I can't download it.

~Rebecca Shadowflame

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I would love this. I am always scared my plants will suddenly die.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
I absolutely love this idea! Sometimes I just turn on the computer to garden. An app would be so much easier!

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
You know how KI made the "Grub Guardian" game that allowed you to level your pets up, even away from the game? I think KI should make a similar game/app that works for Plants.

Many players have stated they've had trouble keeping their plants alive because they might stay away too long and their plants would begin to wilt or die. I think it would cool if KI created a game set up similar to Grub Guardian where you could take care of your plants away from the game.

One way I see it working is, after logging in, you can choose your player like on Grub Guardian. Then, instead of choosing pets, you could choose one of your player's houses. I don't think KI should remake a cartoon drawn version of your house like they did with the pets. The selected houses represents the plants that are plotted their.

After that, you could see a row of your plants that you've planted. Like the pets, the plants would be redrawn into that more cartoon looking version on Grub Guardian. The game could show you what level your plants are at, if they're wilting, if they have pests, and what needs they need. All your spells that you have acquired would be shown in a bar near the bottom of the screen. You could use your Energy to take care of them like you would for Grub Guardian. If you were to use a spell that hits multiple plants, such as pest spells, plants in the row would be highlighted to let you know whose included in your spell and whose not. You could still Harvest your plants as well.

The limitations that come about in my mind is that, you can't plant any new soil plots. You couldn't place any housing items that the plant might like either, but these are not neccessary things for the game.

I think it would help with those players who take time off from the game, yet still have plants to tend to.
I am interested however flaws are accountable for this:
Players can use Bric-A-Brac Elixirs to increase house space
The app would have to be shown as a 3D Visual or cartoon visual of your house in game with all its features. Some players take advantage of the space inside and create weird places outside the game barriers which would be unreadable on the device if you had a plant there.
If a plant is dead how would the app know?
With updates its not as easy on iphone or app stores

Your looking at a lot of what if questions, you also need the capability to store a lot of data on the phone or device. It needs to read the house, plants, and items in house. The 3D graphics do not play on a phone but if rendered to cartoon form like grub guardian then its ok.
It takes a lot to make a game or app, I don't think this will happen

Historian
May 06, 2009
KaneDeathBringer23... on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
I am interested however flaws are accountable for this:
Players can use Bric-A-Brac Elixirs to increase house space
The app would have to be shown as a 3D Visual or cartoon visual of your house in game with all its features. Some players take advantage of the space inside and create weird places outside the game barriers which would be unreadable on the device if you had a plant there.
If a plant is dead how would the app know?
With updates its not as easy on iphone or app stores

Your looking at a lot of what if questions, you also need the capability to store a lot of data on the phone or device. It needs to read the house, plants, and items in house. The 3D graphics do not play on a phone but if rendered to cartoon form like grub guardian then its ok.
It takes a lot to make a game or app, I don't think this will happen
Well, I'm not a programmer so I can't go into any technical ins and outs of the process.

I was trying to base this time of application off of the Grub Guardian game, which I'm sure took time to make after the Advanced Pet update came out. Grub Guardian is it's own game, but it's connected to Wizard101. You still have to log in to your own account, which is what this Gardening app would function on. Grub Guardian still levels up your pet as if you're in a Pet game. It records your pet's level and stats. So if Grub Guardian can record where each of your player's pets are, then this app should be able to record what your plants need, what level they are at, does it need harvesting, is it wilting, etc. etc.

Those are more technical things that someone with that experience has to think about. I have no experience in that field, but I can give ideas and suggestions so that person can chew on it, consider it, and run through all the parameters to see if it's even possible. I'm sure they had to this with Grub Guardian.

What I was trying to avoid in this idea is the need to recreate a player's house. This is not a housing app, just a Gardening app that would read all your plans and allow you to take care of them as you normally would in game (like Grub Guardian). KI has released multiple houses over the years and then they would have to back to each house and remake it in a cartoonic version that the phone or tablet can read just like they did in Grub Guardian. If they decide to take up this idea, and actually have to that, so be it. Maybe the initial Gardening App has to change into a Wizard101 Housing App that allows you to explore your cartoon-version house and take care of plants, but I was focused on plants. If it's just too expensive to do, oh well. They've said that they can't promise making every idea make it into the game. That's life.

So this game app was suppose to stick on just raising Plants, just as Grub Guardian stays on raising Pets. Maybe all the ins and outs to this are a little more complex than a pet-training app like Grub Guardian. "C'est la vie" then. But it's an idea

Survivor
Sep 05, 2013
I really like the idea! My brother keeps bugging me to go on his wizard101 account to do his garden. He has an ipod so it will work. The app does not have to be complex. This is a suggestion on what it could look like. You have your spells on the bottom and scroll left or right for each plant. But please make it international because unlike grub guardian its kinda like a need not want if you get what I am saying. My friend's plants always die cause she does not go on it everyday in the week for 52 weeks in a year. I think this is a good sugestion.