Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Accidental Teleporting

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
Hi, as you may know there are buttons you can press to teleport to a common area or your home.

These buttons can be activated by pressing 1 or 2 on your number pad, according to its location. The thing is sometimes I press these buttons by accident and I get teleported away during a dungeon or something.

The worst part is that num lock does not affect it. Even after pressing num lock it still goes across to the game. I know because I tested it myself.

I'm asking for a fix to this!

Thanks,

Justin StormCatcher

Level 47

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
This is a real problem, I agree.

My "forward" key (up button) is right next to the "teleport to commons" key on the number pad. I didn't plan it that way. I hate that they're that close, it sometimes prevents me from completing long dungeons that you can't re-enter. I want to be able to turn that teleport key off in my settings, but right now there isn't an option for that.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
Many times a day i try to move forward - and i end up in the commons! I try to press X and i press the start menu button - which minimizes the game. And my computer is old so once i minimize the game the game shuts down. In fact i didn't discover the end button takes you to the commons until i was with friends and ported accidently! I think that someone should displace the key board shortcuts.

Please and thank you,

Brianna ShadowThorn lvl 27

Defender
May 02, 2010
I think this is completely in range of completing. All KI has to do is add an option for number pad teleporting or fix the num lock problem.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010

Hi there. I also found a strange way to teleport. It's when you click on the right sided 0 which teleports you to the commons. I found this out when I tried to turn right. Hopefully KingsIlse will change that.
Best luck for avoiding crazy teleports,
Gavin Moon Coin (level 30 wizard)

Survivor
Mar 02, 2013
Have you tried using WSAD keys for movement instead? I use them and not the arrow keys, and have never accidentally teleported myself.

Defender
May 02, 2010
Some people just don't like the feel of using WASD keys on Wizard101. (like me.) The arrow keys are more commonly used within games like Wizard101, however we are all different and we have different opinions to things.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I accidentally ported out of the Helephant Tower yesterday, because as noted before, the "Forward" key is right next to the "Teleport" key.

I tried to re-enter the dungeon and rejoin my group, and the dungeon restarted, thus trashing an hour of progress. KI, please acknowledge and fix. Putting those two keys anywhere near each other was poor planning.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I have used the arrows keys for over 3 years without once accidentally porting anywhere.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
RavenLady777 on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
I have used the arrows keys for over 3 years without once accidentally porting anywhere.
Maybe people could operate a toaster next to an open shower for several years without getting hurt, but that doesn't make it a good plan in the least.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
I'm tired of accidentally pressing end! Its by the arrow keys, so i accidentally press end all the time. Please fix this!

Brittany Rose lvl 58 ice
Celestia stormriven hall