Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ravenscar XP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 27, 2013
I just got access to Ravenscar a couple days ago, but have been here long enough to know that it is hard. These quests do not take just minutes, they can take hours. The XP for these quests are ridiculous I'm a level 46 wizard and my secondary school is (which I have all the spells offered by the professor) and think these things creatures are hard to beat. I feel I'm wasting my time here because the XP is so low. The highest I have seen as a reward so far is 550XP for beating the barrior demon, which I can't even beat! Most of the quests are worth about 90XP, and to reach the next level I need about 36,000 XP. This isn't helping me level up at all. I don't know if it is just me but Ravenscar is really annoying me. Leave your comments below, because I want to see if it is just me that's being annoyed.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Elizaeth Goldstrid... on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
I just got access to Ravenscar a couple days ago, but have been here long enough to know that it is hard. These quests do not take just minutes, they can take hours. The XP for these quests are ridiculous I'm a level 46 wizard and my secondary school is (which I have all the spells offered by the professor) and think these things creatures are hard to beat. I feel I'm wasting my time here because the XP is so low. The highest I have seen as a reward so far is 550XP for beating the barrior demon, which I can't even beat! Most of the quests are worth about 90XP, and to reach the next level I need about 36,000 XP. This isn't helping me level up at all. I don't know if it is just me but Ravenscar is really annoying me. Leave your comments below, because I want to see if it is just me that's being annoyed.
Sadly Grizzlehiem is set up not to actually advance your wizard, it would case imbalance in your wizards leveling. I usually pace my self with GH and go back and forth between regular questing to level some so that I have GH completed by level 50 or so.

You do loose out on spells/pets etc. if you don't complete it and then enter Wintertusk which more then makes up for the experience lost in GH.

Mary

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
All of 'regular' Grizzleheim has very poor XP. Once you move on to Wintertusk, it more than makes up for it. (People have been complaining about the XP for ages! )

Survivor
Oct 21, 2011
I agree the XP in Grizzleheim is very low, but once you finish Ravenscar things get much better.

Austin Deathblade lvl 73

Survivor
Oct 27, 2013
RavenLady777 on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
All of 'regular' Grizzleheim has very poor XP. Once you move on to Wintertusk, it more than makes up for it. (People have been complaining about the XP for ages! )
I finished Ravenscar yesterday and reached WIntertusk. I couldn't even beat the guys at the very front. Since I didn't level up and get new spells while in Grizzleheim I can't even beat anyone in Wintertusk. I agree that the XP is a lot better, but I'm not even going to gain any because I don't have the spells or health to win. Now I have to go to other worlds to gain XP to level up and get new spells.I just wish I new this before I did grizzleheim so I paced myself.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Elizaeth Goldstrid... on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
I finished Ravenscar yesterday and reached WIntertusk. I couldn't even beat the guys at the very front. Since I didn't level up and get new spells while in Grizzleheim I can't even beat anyone in Wintertusk. I agree that the XP is a lot better, but I'm not even going to gain any because I don't have the spells or health to win. Now I have to go to other worlds to gain XP to level up and get new spells.I just wish I new this before I did grizzleheim so I paced myself.
Young wizard I mentioned doing regular questing in between bouts of Grizzlehiem so you would level up in the mean time.

Either way it's not a waste that you completed GH because now you can come back to Wintertusk when you are a little more prepared. It makes a nice diversion from Celestia since I usually bounce back and forth between them till they are both completed and I move into Zafaria.

Mary

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
Itotally agree with you. I am level 56, and I recently finished it. I need somewhere around 61,000 xp to level up. the gurtok barrier demon was impossible for me because I'm fire. I did not like it.

See you in the spiral!

Blaze Spellcaster lvl. 56

Hunter Spellcaster lvl. 16

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Just go back and forth between your usual questing and grizzleheim. It's SO worth it! You'll unlock wintertusk and get AWESOME xp and tons of fun.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
I really don't like grizzleheim. Why is there such a place? All it does really does is mess up the leveling scale. I just think that it throws you off the main quest!

Survivor
Oct 27, 2013
StormStrong101 on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
I really don't like grizzleheim. Why is there such a place? All it does really does is mess up the leveling scale. I just think that it throws you off the main quest!
Yeah it really does through you off The world I'm working on now is Dragonspyre, and I've reached a point where I just can't beat the quest (just like in Wintertusk). The only other world (other then Wintertusk) I have quests in is Mooshu. I'm trying to go back and complete the side quests trying to get as much XP so I can get more powerful spells. I am so thrown off now by the weird XPs and difficulties of the quests.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Elizaeth Goldstrid... on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
Yeah it really does through you off The world I'm working on now is Dragonspyre, and I've reached a point where I just can't beat the quest (just like in Wintertusk). The only other world (other then Wintertusk) I have quests in is Mooshu. I'm trying to go back and complete the side quests trying to get as much XP so I can get more powerful spells. I am so thrown off now by the weird XPs and difficulties of the quests.
In one of the dungeons in dragonspyre you need to do something can't remember so I went to all of the other worlds. After I finished all of the side quests I was lvl 49.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
The reason the XP is so low is beacause the gold is so high. Have you ever noticed you get more gold there than in Celestia? Then you get even more gold and A LOT more XP in Wintertusk.

Defender
May 01, 2011
Sure, GH doesn't give good XP but when you get to Wintertusk you get a ton of gold, good gear, and lots of XP! Wintertusk is really fun and has fun quests.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
StormStrong101 on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
Personally, I like that KingsIsle has given us multiple paths to follow. Having everyone do exactly the same quests would be boring. My main issue is they haven't taken it far enough, I would actually be happier if there wasn't a single main line at all.