Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sabertooth.......

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Ok, So in my Opinion Sabertooth is a epic fail of a spell.
It does around 1000 damage, with good damage and a colossul, maybe 2000.
And then cast a spirit shield on self
There are 3 Problems
1. Its weak, I mean I know balance isn't supposed to be a damage dealing class, but still.
2. Not a aoe. The last aoe we got was ra, and at level 88, its pretty useless
3. Spirit Shield? Really? what if your fighting a balance/storm/fire/ice? its useless.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
  1. This is not a suggestion thread.
  2. Nope, Sabertooth is not weak. There are critical wizards who can do over 4000 without blades.
  3. Don't need AOE Sabertooth. Use the other spells well, they do plenty.
  4. Last AOE's were Lycian Chimera and Lernaean Hydra. So Balance got 2 more AOE's, for 7 pips each.
  5. Conclusion: Not a useless spell.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
UnBalancedWizard on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
There are 3 Problems
1. Its weak, I mean I know balance isn't supposed to be a damage dealing class, but still.
3. Spirit Shield? Really? what if your fighting a balance/storm/fire/ice? its useless.
1.) Colossal, not colossul btw
2.) Myth's 88 spell is about 1000 damage as well, and its a school that focuses on damage more than shielding/health/whatever, when balance does not
3.) balance wizards have plenty blades. use them, and the spell will be strong
4.) ra may not be as awesome at 88 as it was at level 58, but myth still uses an aoe spell from level 22, so balance has it easier than them.
5.) I don't know why they put in the spirit shield, but it's better than nothing :P

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
There are 3 Problems
scarab 65-105 1 pip
scorpion 160-200 2 pips
locus swarm 245-305 3 pips
loremaster 390-470 4 pips
savage paw 500 5 pips
samoorai 460-540 5 pips
sabertooth 1000-1100 10 pips
judgement 100 per pip x pips

As you can see, balance single attacks do almost exactly 100 per pip. Sabertooth does exactly the right amount of damage. As for a non aoe spell, look at the jump between samoorai and sabertooth. Balance also has their elemental/spirit attacks, but those can be shielded other than tower and weakness. Lastly for the spirit shield, are you saying that myth, life, and death have no attacks?

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
saber is not a weak spell. The spirit shield is meant to be used for life/death/myth enemies. ra does plenty with proper blades and traps, same with saber.
Wolf RavenBreath 93
"Great minds think alike."

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
There are 3 Problems
ok so um if you think 2000 is weak on a balance you are wrong. i have saber and i love it. 2000 damage plus shield! for balance thats like strikin' rich!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
As a balance wizard, I agree with the OP that the spirit shield is totes lamesauce. My colossal King Artorius costs only 8 pips, does more damage, and has a better after-effect (-40% weakness).

@Lucas Rain: I agree with almost everything you post, but I feel obligated to point out that Lycean Chimera and Lernaean Hydra are treasure card/pet spells only and are not trainable- just like the other craftable/dropped/crowns-only spells, not every balance wizard has access to them.

-von
level 95 balance

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Lucas Rain on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
  1. This is not a suggestion thread.
  2. Nope, Sabertooth is not weak. There are critical wizards who can do over 4000 without blades.
  3. Don't need AOE Sabertooth. Use the other spells well, they do plenty.
  4. Last AOE's were Lycian Chimera and Lernaean Hydra. So Balance got 2 more AOE's, for 7 pips each.
  5. Conclusion: Not a useless spell.
1. I agree that sorcerers can do that, but so can the other schools.
2. The other spells might be good, but we need an updated.
3. You bring up Lycian Chimera and Lernaean Hydra? What about Storm Dragon and Ice Dragon? Oh wait, those aren't spells, they're item cards that you can only cast with specific armour.
4. Conclusion: A useless spell.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
1. I agree that sorcerers can do that, but so can the other schools.
2. The other spells might be good, but we need an updated.
3. You bring up Lycian Chimera and Lernaean Hydra? What about Storm Dragon and Ice Dragon? Oh wait, those aren't spells, they're item cards that you can only cast with specific armour.
4. Conclusion: A useless spell.
1.) Myth's 88 spell does only 70 more damage than Sabertooth, and yet myths manage to hit a million with celestial calendar. They can commonly hit 20,000 with cl calendar. Balance has blades and traps too. Use them.
2.) Sabertooth is not useless, as I have heard praise of the spell from my balance friends when they got it
3.) Balance wizards just have to get good damage, blade up, trap up (probably use feint) and they could easily kill even Khrysalis bosses with 1 hit. They have the health, they can last. So use the time you last to use all your blades and traps.
4.) For some advice, I advise balance wizards to get sharpened blade and potent trap, so they can use 2 of every blade and trap.
5.) I find it funny that they underline Sabertooth in red, though

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
MythWizardForeves on Dec 21, 2013 wrote:
1.) Myth's 88 spell does only 70 more damage than Sabertooth, and yet myths manage to hit a million with celestial calendar. They can commonly hit 20,000 with cl calendar. Balance has blades and traps too. Use them.
2.) Sabertooth is not useless, as I have heard praise of the spell from my balance friends when they got it
3.) Balance wizards just have to get good damage, blade up, trap up (probably use feint) and they could easily kill even Khrysalis bosses with 1 hit. They have the health, they can last. So use the time you last to use all your blades and traps.
4.) For some advice, I advise balance wizards to get sharpened blade and potent trap, so they can use 2 of every blade and trap.
5.) I find it funny that they underline Sabertooth in red, though

1) i am a balance wizard; i got my one in a mil badge before azteca's release, and i had to use an off-school tc to do it. there were no sharpened blades/potent feints available then,

as far as i know, it's not possible to hit a mil with balance damage (and i have tried, many times): we simply don't have the same amount of buffs available as everyone else.

2) didn't say it was a bad spell, just that the after-effect is lame and that king a. is a much better spell for less pips.

3) i can kill whatever i want in one hit. my damage boost is 76 percent, but i got lucky with pet talents and drops. a damage boost of 50-55% is normal for balance (only ice has less).

4) i love my sun spells; without sharpened, there are only 2 blades that boost balance damage... i don't know how i ever made it past celestia with just 2 blades.

(ps: hydra/chimera/spec are not balance damage- that is spirit/elemental damage; the other schools can all access these, and make much better use of them than we can; we have nothing that benefits us exclusively).

5) given the choice, i'd still choose king artorius over sabertooth. end of.

-von

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Dr Von on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
1) i am a balance wizard; i got my one in a mil badge before azteca's release, and i had to use an off-school tc to do it. there were no sharpened blades/potent feints available then,

as far as i know, it's not possible to hit a mil with balance damage (and i have tried, many times): we simply don't have the same amount of buffs available as everyone else.

2) didn't say it was a bad spell, just that the after-effect is lame and that king a. is a much better spell for less pips.

3) i can kill whatever i want in one hit. my damage boost is 76 percent, but i got lucky with pet talents and drops. a damage boost of 50-55% is normal for balance (only ice has less).

4) i love my sun spells; without sharpened, there are only 2 blades that boost balance damage... i don't know how i ever made it past celestia with just 2 blades.

(ps: hydra/chimera/spec are not balance damage- that is spirit/elemental damage; the other schools can all access these, and make much better use of them than we can; we have nothing that benefits us exclusively).

5) given the choice, i'd still choose king artorius over sabertooth. end of.

-von
King Artorius is also great spell, I just don't think any balance spell is weak or useless. As with most everything, it just depends on who is using it and when, right?

I scored 1mil on my balance after Zafaria was released, before Avalon. I used a 14-pip Judgment, 86% damage gear. I collect rare treasure cards as a hobby, so I had all the available feints: Eye of Bartleby tc feint (the rarest feint of them all), pet card feint, amulet feint, regular tc feint, and regular feint. I asked a death to join and give me Dark Pact, Dark Pact tc, and Nightmare Hoard Dark Pact tc. I had a pet 30% Dragonblade, an amulet 30% Balanceblade, about 5-7 more tc blades from various packs (e.g., Eye of Bartleby, Dragon's Hoard), as well as various forms of Hex tc and Curse tc (e.g., Eye of Bartleby, Nightmare Hoard). No critical was needed.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Lucas Rain on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
King Artorius is also great spell, I just don't think any balance spell is weak or useless. As with most everything, it just depends on who is using it and when, right?

I scored 1mil on my balance after Zafaria was released, before Avalon. I used a 14-pip Judgment, 86% damage gear. I collect rare treasure cards as a hobby, so I had all the available feints: Eye of Bartleby tc feint (the rarest feint of them all), pet card feint, amulet feint, regular tc feint, and regular feint. I asked a death to join and give me Dark Pact, Dark Pact tc, and Nightmare Hoard Dark Pact tc. I had a pet 30% Dragonblade, an amulet 30% Balanceblade, about 5-7 more tc blades from various packs (e.g., Eye of Bartleby, Dragon's Hoard), as well as various forms of Hex tc and Curse tc (e.g., Eye of Bartleby, Nightmare Hoard). No critical was needed.
but the one in a mil badge came out after avalon;
that, and balance doesn't boost against anything like the other schools do.

i collect rare tc also, but blades from different packs don't stack with each other; i've tried it, many times, over the 3 years i've played this game. the cards must all come from a different source (pet, gear, tc, etc.) in order to stack them.

when i was going for my badge, i tried it with judge, hydra, and numerous other spells; the only time i met with any success was when i used a life tc. i took a life friend with me to lord nightshade (he is death), and we used everything we had available:i wore gear that gave me extra blades and boosted my life damage to 60%, plus my life friend bladed me with all her trained stuff and every tc out there. i don't remember if i criticaled or not, but that's a non-issue.

-

ps: i never said the spell itself was lame~ the after-effect is; there is a difference.

-v.