Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Failure

AuthorMessage
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I must admit, since reading this thread I have done some experiments with getting higher criticals as Miguel has suggested, and I have been getting more criticals that don't get blocked, especially on the mob critters and such. Bosses are still hit and miss, but better than before. I'm running more balanced than Miguel says he is, with critical chance in the mid 300's and universal block critical around 140. I have always tried for balance anyway. But you did encourage me to re-think critical a bit. Thanks.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
OldStormWizard on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
Critical has been pretty much useless in boss fights for the last 3 worlds. Just like you can't stun them either.
If you hit critical every time, we would be wiping out anything and everything in just about every round. IMO it is KI's way of keeping wizards from overpowering the bosses with just a single hit in every battle without the use of blades or traps. Evens out the playing field so to speak.
Critical pretty much useless? That's what I thought, until Khrysalis came out. When I first started I was able to land critcal kills on a bunch of the early bosses and minions of course.

The OP doesn't necessarily want to be able to critical every single time, in fact he said he landed it 10% of the time, I am sure the Loremaster has some critical block, but still, for 400 critical chance it should be more than a 1 in 10. I'm not saying go crazy, but maybe being able to critical on bosses, like the loremaster, a few more times than usual would make it easier to farm and get all the loot.