Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School - Mystery School!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
The symbol for this school would be a .
It would be hard to control, like Shadow, but instead of Backlash, it would be a kind of "Be careful what you wish for"

Mystery would be in your favor mostly, and would include these types of spells

Name: Reverse
Pips: 3
% To NOT Fizzle: 100 or 90
Description: Reverses order of play (For example, if enemy team went first, after using this spell, it would be your team that goes first, and vice-versa.)
The backlash would be that your whole team gets stunned for 1 round, whichn results in the enemies STILL going first. Percent chance of backlash: 50%

Name: Peek
Pips: 2 or 3
% to not fizzle: 80
Description: For the next 3 turns, you get to see what card an enemy of your choice is playing. ONLY 1 enemy though!
Backlash would be that the enemy passes for 1 round, preventing you from seeing the card they play. % chance of backlash: 75%

Name: Control
Pips: 6
% to not fizzle: 70 (this is an overpowered spell.)
Description: On the next turn, you get to control ONE enemy of your choice. You can not pass or flee.
Backlash: the enemy gets to control you for 2 turns, meaning your next spells will be computer picked. % of backlash: 25%

Name: All Peek.
Pips: 4
% to not fizzle: 75
Description: Like peek, but now you get to see ALL enemies spells!
Backlash: Actual damage ranging from 400-600. No shields or resist allowed!

Well, what do ya think about these? Criticism, good or bad, is appreciated!

-G.G. 35

-K.U. 19

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Grace Goldenleaf on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
It would be hard to control, like Shadow, but instead of Backlash, it would be a kind of "Be careful what you wish for"

Description: Reverses order of play (For example, if enemy team went first, after using this spell, it would be your team that goes first, and vice-versa.)
The backlash would be that your whole team gets stunned for 1 round, whichn results in the enemies STILL going first. Percent chance of backlash: 50%

Description: For the next 3 turns, you get to see what card an enemy of your choice is playing. ONLY 1 enemy though!
Backlash would be that the enemy passes for 1 round, preventing you from seeing the card they play. % chance of backlash: 75%

Description: On the next turn, you get to control ONE enemy of your choice. You can not pass or flee.
Backlash: the enemy gets to control you for 2 turns, meaning your next spells will be computer picked. % of backlash: 25%

-G.G. 35

-K.U. 19
Wow, wow, wow! Your: "Mystery School" is a very well copy of my Time Magic. Please, come up with your own ideas!

-Nick
"When the battle get's deadly, summon a Death Shield."

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
I think the "control" spell should be no pvp, because it would be kinda unfair. But otherwise great idea.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
Grace Goldenleaf on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:

-G.G. 35

-K.U. 19
This is a mix or myth and balance, but doing things they don't do, but nothing actually good. Also, the accuracy changes in every spell. Every spell should have the same accuracy. You also say that this is like shadow magic. We don't need copies of other schools. Other problems are:
The icon would be strange. (would it be this)
These spells seem like they'd make the game too easy.
The name of the school (IMO) is boring.
It doesn't fit with what KingsIsle is working on.
Some of these spells already exist (control = beguile)
Some of the spell names are also boring.
They cost too many pips.

-Wolf DunePyre, lvl 95
-Oran IceWalker, lvl 71

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
Wolf DunePyre on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
This is a mix or myth and balance, but doing things they don't do, but nothing actually good. Also, the accuracy changes in every spell. Every spell should have the same accuracy. You also say that this is like shadow magic. We don't need copies of other schools. Other problems are:
The icon would be strange. (would it be this)
These spells seem like they'd make the game too easy.
The name of the school (IMO) is boring.
It doesn't fit with what KingsIsle is working on.
Some of these spells already exist (control = beguile)
Some of the spell names are also boring.
They cost too many pips.

-Wolf DunePyre, lvl 95
-Oran IceWalker, lvl 71
Look, I know I said bad or good criticism is appreciated, but I didn't know it would feel this bad to have a great idea and someone find the faults.

No, it would be a question mark
I do not think before I speak thank you very much. I have faults like everyone else.
And you could think of a better one?
What are they working on? Besides khrysalis?
I did not know, I am not a death student nor will I ever want to be
Excuse me for not being good at the creative industry
Well, I'm just trying to make it so you can't look at enemies cards for zero pips!

Last thing. I pretty much knew KI isn't gonna put any of this in the game. I had a brain burst and it would have driven me crazy if I didn't get it out.