Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia hard for little kids

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
Wizard101 is a game for the whole family to play. Which means little kids play it too. But in my opinion, I think Celestia is a bit too hard for them. I doubt that they can quest through Celestia without the help of friends. When I was a little kid, Dragonspyre was already a challenge. The jump of difficulty from Dragonspyre and Celestia had me mindblown.

But hey, It's just an opinion. What do you guys think? Is Celestia a bit too hard for little kids or can they do just fine?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Seth ShadowThorn on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
Wizard101 is a game for the whole family to play. Which means little kids play it too. But in my opinion, I think Celestia is a bit too hard for them. I doubt that they can quest through Celestia without the help of friends. When I was a little kid, Dragonspyre was already a challenge. The jump of difficulty from Dragonspyre and Celestia had me mindblown.

But hey, It's just an opinion. What do you guys think? Is Celestia a bit too hard for little kids or can they do just fine?
I'm an adult and struggled at first due to the massive change in difficulty from DS to Celestia. I've seen kids do fine and others struggle. Personally, I think KI lost their way with the entire 2nd arc and it's monotonous quests and extreme difficulty.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
the jump from Dragonspyre to Celestia is really big. I personally think Celestia is a little bit too difficult, and especially for little kids

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

I think you are correct. With the latest pass of our wizards we picked up a lot of menu chat wizards to help a long our way. What we have found out of the 6-10 we have on our list most don't make it out the other side of DS, so far only 1, we have another getting close to needing to get though the Malestaire event.

As the game play steps up so does the amount of time they need us to help them and the amount of time quests take to complete. One we actually did help with most of Celestia and we got him though the Trial of Spheres and now needs help with every fight in Zafaria, this is difficult because we are now still in CL due to finishing Wintertusk which he did not.

What's wrong here is, poor gear, improper deck set up but they have a strong willingness to really want to progress in the game. All but one does not have the computer time to farm for WaterWorks gear and being menu chat will hamper it.

So yes it is a game divide.

Mary

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
My myth is currently level 58 in Stormriven and he is doing just fine. It all depends on proper deck setup and decent gear. On my life wizard at the time I had no text chat and finished Celestia. I was able to complete the Waterworks dungeon and finally got text chat right before I completed Tower of The Helephant. The sun buffs are great for the weaker schools. If you can't farm Waterworks I recommend the Wintertusk crafted hat and robe. The 2nd arc is really repetitive in my opinion. It looks to me like all they cared about was the beauty of the worlds and not about the gameplay!

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
Kids can definitely do this world!

Andrew WaterCrafter- level 50

Sean FireFlame- Level 4

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
it is a big jump from Dragonspyer to Celestia but kids can still do it.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Kids can do, I think it is a matter of personality and adaptability. It is a change from previous worlds and takes time to adjust. Based on my prior experience I tend to have more adults call for help than kids, based on my friends who I know their age. The kids call for help on boss or specific farming help but then want to explore and try on their own first, adults vary from hand holding to boss only.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
i think your right kids dont know the hard things of bosses and foes

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Speaking as a younger player I have seen many of my younger friends pass Celestia quickly and easily. I myself blazed through that world and only stopped once I had to slow down in Avalon. I've still been able to solo in both Avalon and Azteca. (I had my first moment of achievement in Azteca. It was the first time I had soloed a cheating boss!)

My brother, who also plays, finds this world easy and can solo it, given a few tips.

It all depends on how they play. Some have it harder than others and it's perfectly okay. Not every kid is a good gamer and not every kid is an inexperienced person.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
even though I am a kid I completed dragonspyre and doing wonderful in celestia

marcus-lotushard lvl 49 (my celestian)
Justin - lvl 29

Survivor
Dec 28, 2012
i have not done Celestia myself, but what you need to do for challenges is get higher ranked gear with more health point max. and more mana max. and get good athames, rings, and wands. you can also go the more expensive route and buy a bundle, which give you even more health and mana space, and spells with the clothing, but this is not cheap.

- Destiny Thunderblade lvl. 32

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
destinywolf123451 on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
i have not done Celestia myself, but what you need to do for challenges is get higher ranked gear with more health point max. and more mana max. and get good athames, rings, and wands. you can also go the more expensive route and buy a bundle, which give you even more health and mana space, and spells with the clothing, but this is not cheap.

- Destiny Thunderblade lvl. 32
Not necessarily. On my Storm I found out early on that I wanted more damage and accuracy. However, when I got to Celestia, I was able to mix it up with universal resist. I found that the universal resist plus being slightly overleveled helped big time.

The health and incoming/outgoing healing boosts were nice, but the resist is what gave me an edge up. I was able to stack up shield and blades and then just launch off my attacks. It's a strategy that's worked for me from Mooshu (Which is around when I realized that I should start doing that.) all the way through Azteca.

If you're facing a really tough boss though, what I do is just grab the gear with the most resistance to that school and turtle up. Blade stacking for a one-hit kill works extremely well in some cases, but it takes practice to know how to turtle effectively.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2011
Well I don't know I haven't tried celestia I am still in Dragonspyre and I have mount olympus gear should i get better gear or leave it alone keep playing?

Level 49

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I can say I witness this first hand.

My daughter and I played together up through DS and WT, and she enjoyed it all the way. We got to Celestia, and she hates it. She never wants to play any more. The fights are too hard, the collect quests too long, she just says it is "no fun" and won't go there with me. Now, she mostly decorates her houses when she logs on, or sometimes we play our "baby wizards" back in Wizard City.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
celestia929 on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
Well I don't know I haven't tried celestia I am still in Dragonspyre and I have mount olympus gear should i get better gear or leave it alone keep playing?

Level 49
Getting mount Olympus gear would be useful but it's gonna take a long time. You'll have to keep fighting Zeus like 24/7. But if you want to, go do it.

Explorer
May 21, 2012

i would think that other kids would have no problamo with these like me usually by the time they get to celestia they no to keep trying no matter what but if this is too hard try wintertusk and then come back and than ask urself which one is harder ut wintetusk i am pretty sure is meant to be gone to after celestia but i do it during celestia usually :P

Survivor
Nov 24, 2013
I think those who say it is easy has spent crowns at one time or another. I am not a child. I am already paying money for a membership so I am more reserved about hats or whatever gear that costs such. I struggled a lot when i first got to Celestia and after it gradually became easier the difficulty was suddenly back. As of now, I am struggling again.

Suri SunGem Pyromancerlevel 60

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Suri SunGem on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
I think those who say it is easy has spent crowns at one time or another. I am not a child. I am already paying money for a membership so I am more reserved about hats or whatever gear that costs such. I struggled a lot when i first got to Celestia and after it gradually became easier the difficulty was suddenly back. As of now, I am struggling again.

Suri SunGem Pyromancerlevel 60
Back then me and my sibling had never bought crowns.

It is perfectly possible to get through Celestia without crowns gear or henchmen, it just takes some time and luck and sometimes friends if you want help with a more difficult dungeon or boss.

I guess the difficulty varies by person. I've almost never had trouble in any of the worlds before Avalon and my younger sibling whisked right through the first arc and most of Celetia before leaving for Pirate101. However, I have seen many people who have had trouble with Celestia, both in crowns gear and without it.

Sometimes crowns people have it easier, but I don't think that this is the case right now.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
It's not that hard, i'm a "little kid" and i'm doing fine. It depends on who it is, if they have enough skill then it'll be easy. I'm currently in Stormriven Hall at level 52, doing good.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 52 theurgist

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009

Since life is the weakest school it will be harder unless your armor is very strong and you have critical defense and good critical rating so just try to get good armor from bazaar and have fun!

Tyler Liferunner Lvl 55
Good luck

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
I agree it is too difficult for younger players.I want my child to be able to play on their own so i dont have to help them constantly.The game is getting harder.It is ok for those who want a challenge but Wizard 101 makers are not keeping the youngest players in mind doing this game.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
Inkydink on Jan 28, 2014 wrote:
I agree it is too difficult for younger players.I want my child to be able to play on their own so i dont have to help them constantly.The game is getting harder.It is ok for those who want a challenge but Wizard 101 makers are not keeping the youngest players in mind doing this game.
Here is what I think they should do:
Ki should let players select the difficulty. Easy, Medium, Hard.

Easy is just for those little kids that can't do well by themselves.

Medium is for those who want to fight at a normal difficulty.

Hard is for those who want a REAL challenge. Like Malistaire at 100000 health. It is still possible because malistaire used to have that health and people would still win.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Each world has it's difficulty raised.
As with any other challenge in life, it gets more difficult as you go up... or grow up...lol
If they lowered the difficulty, there's be thousands of protests that the game is too easy.
If they leave it how it is, newer players(I won't insult young players by singling them out, as most younger players have an easier time than older players just beginning in MMO) will find the curve difficult.

I say difficult, not impossible. Same as the drop rates, or spell quests, pet quests and a thousand other little things in the Spiral I see people complaining about.

I just can't understand the need for easy?
If you wanted easy, why aren't you playing Tetris??

I don't see people complaining to Acclaim that their games, which sold for between 20-100 dollars depending on your residence, were too hard...

You either rose to the curve, or you stopped playing.

Maybe we should try that now