Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

which school should i pick

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2013
I am starting a new wizard and I cant decide between ice, life, or, death. I am anti social and I don't ask people for help or group play a lot. I will solo all of the game except the super hard dungeons and hard boss fights. I would also like to do pvp so I want a school that's good at that. also I want a school that is fun t play.

so my question is in your opinion which school is:
best to solo with
best for pvp
most fun to play

thanks

Survivor
Sep 19, 2013
Well I prefer for soloing because you deal damage and heal consequently, which can be good for taking out enemies 1 by 1, or could probably solo too, can heal itself actively with mastery of all life spells but has weak attack and less buffs than and has absolutely beast attack but has a high tendency to fizzle and low health, so say you fizzle multiple times in a row with an enemy about as tough as you to take down, because health is much lower than all the other schools your opponent could kill you before you have a chance to attack. Now, onto PvP. I think is most likely the best option if you know how to use it, it has massive health still with pretty decent buffs and high resist to most schools, particularly & . Other schools are good at pvp, my secondary choice for pvp would have to be balance because of all the buffs, and multiple attack moves like Hydra or Chimera and has judgement which can potentially have a base damage of 1400. Any school can PvP, it depends entirely on your battling style.

The one you would have most fun with, I can't really tell you, it depends on the kind of person you are. If you like the sound of being able to fight alone but summon minions to help you in a tough fight, go for
, if you want to be able to efficiently heal others and yourself choose , if you desire larger power and a bit of a challenge at the same time pick , if you want to attack and gain health at the same time, is your friend, if you want a school which packs buffs and tri-attack spells you will like , if you want a high chance to survive (though not the best attack) choose and if you want to have a wizard with decent attack that does damage over multiple turns will please you. hope I helped!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
namelessperson012 on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
I am starting a new wizard and I cant decide between ice, life, or, death. I am anti social and I don't ask people for help or group play a lot. I will solo all of the game except the super hard dungeons and hard boss fights. I would also like to do pvp so I want a school that's good at that. also I want a school that is fun t play.

so my question is in your opinion which school is:
best to solo with
best for pvp
most fun to play

thanks
I have found Life and Death the easiest to solo with...even the hard bosses...due to their healing factor.
I do not PvP
I actually like all three schools so it's hard to pick the one I like best.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Ice. Ice is probably the best school for PvP and soloing because of its high Health and Resist and also its shields. So I would go with that!

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Death is your best choice because it can both attack and heal. It's accuracy is enough to get you through the game and I recommend it greatly.

Molly level 84 balance
Savannah level 17 (no she doesn't solo) death

Explorer
May 22, 2011
It depends on what you are looking for, and your personalty in real life:

Fire- We like to be in charge; Make the enemies burn over rounds
Ice- You won't beat us without a fight; Loads of defense
Storm- One after another, keep them coming; High attack
Life- As long as everyone is alive; Heals
Myth- We are strength in numbers; Summons minions
Death- You can't beat us; 'Drain' Attack and heal
Balance- We are one of everything; Attack, defend, heal, ect.

I would go for death, personally, but you can do whatever...

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
I would pick or
Wolf RavenBreath93
"Great minds think alike"

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I have an ice, with a secondary in storm and life. She has high health and resistance. She's soloed much of the worlds in the spiral.

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
Death I am a level 94 wiz and when i started wiz i soloed all main quest except for major dungeons...and i didnt really start having a quest buddy until i got into the last part and dungeon of avalon and all of azteca. With death you can attack and heal...especially if you plan ahead and only pack the spells needed in your deck. I do prefer trying to get all around resist cause even though death can attack/heal resist helps a lot especially as you will level up. Ice has good resist, and gear and health but with the right gear...you can have just as close health as ice does, decent resist and even better damage.