Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Prisim

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Ok, so allot of people mention this, but it always goes away. I am only posting this because I want Wizard101 to see this idea, because I feel bad for the Balance Wizard. So new Balance Spells for Balance Wizards, the Balance Prisms! There are three Balance Prism spells:
  • Elemental Balance Prism: convert damage to ,, or
  • Spiritual Balance Prism: convert damage to ,, or
  • Astral Balance Prism: convert damage to , , or
Do you think these should be added? Keep posting on this if yes, so KI will look at it and add it some day!

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 95

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Balance is fine the way it is. It's SUPPOSED to have no opposite. Balance is a bit of everything and has no specific opposite. Balance doesn't need any prisms for fighting against balance. It has spells like chimera and hydra to aid it. Stop trying to add things to balance people, just sayin

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I see no problem with the first two, the third is a HUGE problem. It would give a massive boost to balance since no one has any resist to astral schools. For the first two I would also divide the damage between the three schools, like hydra and chimera.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Nicholas Hawkspear on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so allot of people mention this, but it always goes away. I am only posting this because I want Wizard101 to see this idea, because I feel bad for the Balance Wizard. So new Balance Spells for Balance Wizards, the Balance Prisms! There are three Balance Prism spells:
Do you think these should be added? Keep posting on this if yes, so KI will look at it and add it some day!

I have never ever found in the game, were my Balance needed a Convert. I have spectral blast and Hydra, that gives me fire, storm and Ice. I have Chimera that gives me Life, myth and death. I mean, why would I need a convert that waste a round of adding a convert. I see it as a wasted move that other wizards have to make that I don't. I can see no reason to add converts to a Balance at all.

justanoob.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Veracity8 on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
I have never ever found in the game, were my Balance needed a Convert. I have spectral blast and Hydra, that gives me fire, storm and Ice. I have Chimera that gives me Life, myth and death. I mean, why would I need a convert that waste a round of adding a convert. I see it as a wasted move that other wizards have to make that I don't. I can see no reason to add converts to a Balance at all.

justanoob.
The main use for it would be so you could use balance spells against balance wizards/bosses and avoid their resist. I agree it's limited in use and probably wouldn't get much use.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
As a balance wizard, I think using a "balance prism" is of one of two things, 1. an easy way out of using different spells, and 2. virtually impossible. People need to realize Wizard101 didn't make the game for people to complain about little things about the game that don't even make sense.

For my number 1 reason, a "balance prism" would be used as a shortcut if you will, to kill many foes. Why do you think balance is the only school that has attacks that deal other school's damage? There's an indicator KI has thought about this situation, probably BEFORE the game was opened. Honestly, if you think KI has not thought about "balance prisms", you're mistaken. Wizard101 has a very clever "check and balance" system in its schools.

Here are some examples: a storm spell, such as kraken, will deal more attack damage than a fire spell, such as meteor shower, BUT meteor shower is more likely to work than kraken, due to fire spells having more accuracy than storm. While ice has tower shields and legion shields, which work for every school, myth has shatter and pierce, which break those shields. While life can heal more than any school, its attacks deal less damage and have less attack spells than any other school.

Before you think Wizards hasn't thought of ideas, consider the fact that they HAVE put it into consideration. If not having a prism was that bothersome to any balance wizard, I believe at a very low level, Deigo offers a prism duel class, and he mentions that balance has no prism, so they could've deleted that character and made a new one.

For my second reason, balance is everything, so what's the opposite of balance? The answer: nothing. So therefore, a prism, which converts a school to its opposite school, is impossible in any form for balance.

I hope my information was useful! Sincerely, Madison Nightstone, level 88 balance wizard.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

awesome

Defender
Jan 03, 2013

One Flaw. How does the Cps (what I call computer system) Know which convert to put on? The idea of balance prisms swarmed ever since it wasn't seen in game. Balance doesn't need prisms, cause all don't resist balance unless its balance itself or a boss of some kind. And if its a balance boss, ask for assistance. or use your abilities with other classes like hydra or chimera, or use henchman like I do. Also for astral spells, we don't have moves that use these types so putting it now without moves like it is pointless. The only spell available of attacks for astral classes is A moon wand on a level 70 wand. which also is not that great.

Short words: Balance doesn't need a prism