Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New char, Life and ....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2013
I am making a new char. Life as primary, but I haven't decided as to the secondary yet. Just wondering what some of you people like. I have never played a "healer" wizard here yet and don't want to make a huge mistake that I will have to fix later. I am also not asking for the most "uber" class combo, I am very used to playing difficult chars. so that is not an issue either. I really just want something fun to play that I won't end up cursing and finally deleting from frustration at not being able to accomplish anything down the road. No need for big in depth replies, just your suggestions and a short bit as to why would be great. Thank you in advance for your time.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RichardFrostgem on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
I am making a new char. Life as primary, but I haven't decided as to the secondary yet. Just wondering what some of you people like. I have never played a "healer" wizard here yet and don't want to make a huge mistake that I will have to fix later. I am also not asking for the most "uber" class combo, I am very used to playing difficult chars. so that is not an issue either. I really just want something fun to play that I won't end up cursing and finally deleting from frustration at not being able to accomplish anything down the road. No need for big in depth replies, just your suggestions and a short bit as to why would be great. Thank you in advance for your time.
My Life did Death to Feint, handy for boss battles. Tri-Blade from Niles, Sun Spells (fists only) Giant though Colossus in Celestia Base Camp, Floating Land and then Zafaria.

I Crafted the Helmet lvl 56 from Wintertusk for extra Life Blade, amulet - Witches Star lvl 58, I think it's called, with extra Balance Blade then later Amulet with Life Blade and Conviction.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
RichardFrostgem on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
Hello there fellow Life Wizard. If you're beginning the school of life, You might want to consider schools that are popular among all schools, such as Ice (For Tower 50% universal shield!) Or maybe Balance to Weakness (For those pesky balance if you did not train tower.) Death to feint is also an option as it can add an extra 70% to your hit making is super helpful! I definitely suggest training the "Spirit Blade" from Niles, the balance tree in Krokotopia. Training "Spirit Trap" is up to you. Definitely train Astral schools, Fortify/Amplify is up to you. Same with polymorphs (Though I don't recommend them. As fun as they seem, they will just waste your training points. Getting Strong --> Colossal is a must. If you are up to the challenge of playing a different combination, choose whatever you think you will enjoy playing! Enjoy your new character!

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Instead of getting another school, you could go the route of just getting the 80% shields in the common area and save the rest of the training points for star and sun school. Other wise I'd go get ice to tower shield and get the tri blades and traps from Niles.
Hunter WillowGrove lvl 93

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Myth to Humungo Frog

with the myth mastery amulet it could be really useful (expecially since spirit blades works with it and humungo frog is an aoe spell)

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Storm because of it's attack. I'm no expert on life, though.

Molly Level 83 Balance
Wizard101 Rocks!

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
Life is really fun to play when you understand the mechanics of it.

Because it's mostly focused on healing, you need an attack school with an multiple-mob spell and a decent amount of damage attached to it. Fire is really nice for this because you can often stack damage over time spells as well as do multiple-mob spells. You have a 75% accuracy, but I find it not to be a hindrance.

Afterwards, you've got leftover training points--use these for getting the Balance school's tri-blades and tri-traps, as well as stocking up on shields that are incredibly useful in higher levels. Training in Ice until you have Tower Shield is good as well.

Best of luck!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2013
Thank you all for your replies! It has been very helpful. :) My wife went storm and I went fire, we'll see who does better in the long run. :P I thought of one other question, everyone has mentioned getting the balance blades and traps, do you get these for only your main school or do you try to get them for both? Or is it more that you get the main school ones and the secondary school only if you want to lose out on points to spend down the road. In short, I am having a hard time deciding if it is better to boost both schools or do you all mainly just use prisms for resistant mobs with a few secondary school spells thrown in for added effect? If this isn't clear enough, please let me know and I will try to clarify more what I am saying. :)

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I'd try to do both, so it may be best if your secondary is elemental or spiritual. If your secondary isn't, then I'd only stick with your main school. :)

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I see you guys went elemental schools. I would have recommended either myth or death -- that way you can get that respective school's "mastery amulet" and when you get the tri-blade and tri-trap spells from Niles the balance tree in Krok, you can use the blades for both your primary and secondary schools. It maybe too late now, but it is a very good strategy.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
RichardFrostgem on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
Thank you all for your replies! It has been very helpful. :) My wife went storm and I went fire, we'll see who does better in the long run. :P I thought of one other question, everyone has mentioned getting the balance blades and traps, do you get these for only your main school or do you try to get them for both? Or is it more that you get the main school ones and the secondary school only if you want to lose out on points to spend down the road. In short, I am having a hard time deciding if it is better to boost both schools or do you all mainly just use prisms for resistant mobs with a few secondary school spells thrown in for added effect? If this isn't clear enough, please let me know and I will try to clarify more what I am saying. :)
Get them for your main school. The only reason to get the off school blades/traps is if you plan on being a support player for a friend in those schools. Even then, you will almost never use the blade/trap that doesn't include your main school. Off school attacks rarely get used once you get up a couple worlds because you have no natural boost or blades/traps for them. You will find that you'll only use secondary school attacks in a few very rare battles.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I'm a life Wizard, and Death is a good secondary for life, so is Storm.