Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To train/hatch or not

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2013
Ok, I have several pets I got as part of the birthday festivities that I would not have access to normally and while they all have cards (pixie queens and Jade Oni) and nice stats, I have trained them to adult and they just have pet talents, no wizard talents. I'm thinking I should just leave them and use them as extra cards till I can get in the areas where they or equivalent pets drop. Since I am rather new though, I am asking here, should I train them further? Is ancient a general training level for determining the "worth" of a pet, or just adult? Should I try to hatch those skills out of them to get wizard useful talents (or is this too hard to bother with?)? No need for really in depth replies, just the basics or a link to something I can read about the info will do. Thank you for your time in advance!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Hatching selfish talents out is only worth the time if the pet has a really good card you want and you have a pet with good talents to hatch with. For a start check out http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?146-Pet-Section

There's pet guides and loads of people that will help you train/hatch a good pet.