Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The fire King Atorious spell is terrible.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
I'm not sure if these spells have been released or what, but again, fire gets the short end of the stick.

Why not just use efreet instead of it? Efreet does more damage. Efreet has a better effect. And they cost the same amount of pips.

So, KI, a stun is better than a 90% weakness? Lol.

Has not gotten a decent spell since Rain of fire. It's sad.

My suggestion is to make the new card at least 950 damage. Either that, or keep the damage and add a -45% accuracy on the enemy.

I'm sorry, but unless this card gets a buff, it is another card staying in my spellbook and never coming out.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
There are times when a stun is preferable to a Weakness. Speaking as someone who uses shields a lot, I like it. While monsters don't have much to work with, I do know that it is possible to hit hard enough to hurt someone even with a 90 percent weakness on. I use stuns to ensure that I have an extra round to get my shields up.

In this case, this spell is rather situational. It's not the best, but it's certainly not the worst spell out there. It all depends on how you use it.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2011
Supermegamash520 on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
I'm not sure if these spells have been released or what, but again, fire gets the short end of the stick.

Why not just use efreet instead of it? Efreet does more damage. Efreet has a better effect. And they cost the same amount of pips.

So, KI, a stun is better than a 90% weakness? Lol.

Has not gotten a decent spell since Rain of fire. It's sad.

My suggestion is to make the new card at least 950 damage. Either that, or keep the damage and add a -45% accuracy on the enemy.

I'm sorry, but unless this card gets a buff, it is another card staying in my spellbook and never coming out.
I agree with you.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
I wouldn't mind a little buff either.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
I strongly disagree with you.
I love the new Fire spell, and I use it a lot.
I use different shields first, and it gives every time
an injury that is 2 or 3 times it is at this spell.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
well the spell uses a lot of pips and stunning is used for extra time healing or another attack. If it stuns them, you will be low on pips and a wasted stun. Then the opponent who has more pips, will cast a big spell on you and tada, you have used up half your health from that spell!

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
My fire still hasn't gotten to the new world yet (actually about to start azteca). But from reading about the spell, I'd agree with the last line from "Scarlet Nightdream..."s post, its not that bad of a spell, but it would be mostly situational. Like if it were against a boss who heals a lot, or in PvP situations, or as a last second save to stop a boss from killing you and then you finish them on the next turn. So, I'll probably still use efreet most of the time, but King Atorious won't be completely forgotten.

P.S. Do you know if the fire spear from King Atorious will stack with the normal cast fire spear? If so then it might be more useful in some fights.