Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Offensive Life Aura?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 26, 2012
When Azteca came out, new Star auras were introduced that boosted damage specific to each school, and gave some additional boosts to accuracy or pip chance. As a draw back, they also reduced the caster's resistance to a particular damage type.

Unfortunately, Life wizards never got access to an aura to boost their Life damage. Instead, the only option Life wizards got was a slightly more powerful healing aura. This is fine, as Life wizards are the healing class and all, but I think the Star school should also have an aura that boosts Life damage. The fact of the matter is that Life wizards aren't healing all the time.

Theurgists, much like Sorcerers, are a school whose role can change dramatically depending on the situation. When they are in a group, Theurgists may play a role that more focuses on healing and support instead of attacking. When Theurgists are by themselves, however, they will need to be attacking because monsters aren't going to be defeating themselves. Since Life wizards fill multiple roles, I think they should get an additional aura like Balance did. Here is my suggestion:

Overgrowth: (0 pips, 100% accuracy) +25% outgoing damage, +5% Pip Chance, and +10% incoming damage for 4 rounds.

This way, Life would have an aura to help them when they are focusing on healing, and an aura to help them when they are focusing on attacking. The key thing to remember about multi-role classes is that while they can fulfill multiple roles, they cannot do them all at once. Pips, deck space, and the fact you can only have one aura up at a time would keep Life wizards from having both devastating attacks and massive healing at the same time. An additional aura option for Life would not render the school overpowered. Much like Balance, Life's play style can vary greatly between support and attack, and they need spells suited to both roles.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
I love this ideal very much. It seems fair that Theurgists obtain another aura that sides with their nature frenzy side. All though instead of +10% incoming how about -10% incoming and instead of the +5% pip chance change it to +5% pierce. Other than that the title of the card sounds fair and the +25%damage gives the same amount as all the other cards. Now lets see if KingsIsle considers this...

~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emerald...

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
I support this idea, maybe this will be available in the future. On a side note, school never got an offensive bubble, except for the Treasure card Spider Spell, The name escapes meh.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Tanner Silver on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
When Azteca came out, new Star auras were introduced that boosted damage specific to each school, and gave some additional boosts to accuracy or pip chance. As a draw back, they also reduced the caster's resistance to a particular damage type.

Unfortunately, Life wizards never got access to an aura to boost their Life damage. Instead, the only option Life wizards got was a slightly more powerful healing aura. This is fine, as Life wizards are the healing class and all, but I think the Star school should also have an aura that boosts Life damage. The fact of the matter is that Life wizards aren't healing all the time.

Theurgists, much like Sorcerers, are a school whose role can change dramatically depending on the situation. When they are in a group, Theurgists may play a role that more focuses on healing and support instead of attacking. When Theurgists are by themselves, however, they will need to be attacking because monsters aren't going to be defeating themselves. Since Life wizards fill multiple roles, I think they should get an additional aura like Balance did. Here is my suggestion:

Overgrowth: (0 pips, 100% accuracy) +25% outgoing damage, +5% Pip Chance, and +10% incoming damage for 4 rounds.

This way, Life would have an aura to help them when they are focusing on healing, and an aura to help them when they are focusing on attacking. The key thing to remember about multi-role classes is that while they can fulfill multiple roles, they cannot do them all at once. Pips, deck space, and the fact you can only have one aura up at a time would keep Life wizards from having both devastating attacks and massive healing at the same time. An additional aura option for Life would not render the school overpowered. Much like Balance, Life's play style can vary greatly between support and attack, and they need spells suited to both roles.
This is a cool idea, I'm coming up with a new card pack for wizard101, and I think I'll use this spell for the ice and life armour (Poseidon Gear).