Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NEW! Quest Finder

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Having trouble finding what quest you need to do next? Looking for something new to do? Now you can simply press a button and find a nearby quest!

Quest Finder is off by default and can be enabled through the Options Panel (press Esc to access your Game Options).

When you press the Quest Finder Button in your Journal (it's always on the last page of your quests) The Quest Helper arrow will now point to the nearest available quest. It will start with the current zone you are in, then expand to the current world you are in. If it doesn't find any quests in that world, you will need to move to another world and press Quest Finder again.

When you use Quest Finder, a window will appear telling you where to go and who to talk to, and the Quest Helper arrow will now point to that location.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
Historian
May 06, 2009
Is this similar to the CTRL+Q option or is it something completely different and more advanced? Either way I like the idea and I hope it will help many of the Wizards who get lost in their quest lines.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2010
this is very useful. i mean really, you can't believe how many quest i miss, doing the main story line, this can be very helpful to everybody 90

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
It's probably one of the best things KI made ​​up.
Now need Greyrose not constantly writing the quest,
players must continue.
But - the dear lady, will not suddenly become unemployed as a result.
Many thanks for this Quest Finder.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
Is this similar to the CTRL+Q option or is it something completely different and more advanced? Either way I like the idea and I hope it will help many of the Wizards who get lost in their quest lines.
No. it is different. The new Quest finder does NOT point you to quests you have. It sends to to a new one you have not done, seemingly whatever is closest to you in the world you are in. It has no effect on your existing quests.

It's a good addition, but seems to have some bugs, such as trying to send us to places we have not yet unlocked, to NPCs that are not there, and occasionally crashing the game. I've reported the specifics on test, so won't bother with them here.

Once this feature is improved to better handle dynamic content, it should be very handy.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2013
BELGRIM 101 on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
Huzzah!! Very Nice Professor
Thx that really helped, I am a storm wizard And i am currently, trying to unlock avalon. I'm at the boss for it but however it is to hard for me right know, so I am gonna try to level up a bit more then try. Level ( 70 )

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
I was just looking through the forums and this caught my eye. I am so happy to have actually find out about this new attribute to the game when the new world came out. I will absolutely be using this option so much for my new upcoming wizards and for my wizard that is coming along right now.

Sarah SpakleCloud 95Pet Warlord
Tanner DeathBlade 48

Survivor
Mar 10, 2013
Cunning Finnigan S... on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
sweet

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
This is so useful! I've finally been able to find where I left off in certain quest lines and where I've missed side quests that are crucial to leveling for me.

Thank you, KI! You're awesome.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2012
Quest finder glitched on me and told me to talk to merle ambrose in the commons when I was in grizzlehiem after finding the first yard bird and when I talked to him he had no quests for me
Thanks,
Jeremy firehunter lv 21 fire

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
This update was very exciting for me! No longer do I have to trek my way through every world looking for things to do.

Kelsey Spritecatcher, level 52 Thaumaturge