Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Respond Prof. Greyrose

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 17, 2012
I am trying to catch up on all of the Grizzleheim quests I have been not doing. I currently have a quest to defeat Gath Duskwraith. only problem is... I can't get to him! I have to go through a gate which leads to a field with monsters in it and then Gath's cave should be off to the side. I can't get through the gate though! I am Reed Spiritcaster, level 46 life wizard, if that helps you help me.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
KKoop3 on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
I am trying to catch up on all of the Grizzleheim quests I have been not doing. I currently have a quest to defeat Gath Duskwraith. only problem is... I can't get to him! I have to go through a gate which leads to a field with monsters in it and then Gath's cave should be off to the side. I can't get through the gate though! I am Reed Spiritcaster, level 46 life wizard, if that helps you help me.
I don't know if Prof. Greyrose responded on this or not, but this question came up before.

It sounds like you are near the "green" teleport stone, and you are in an open area with the Moonstrider Howlers walking around, near a gate that you mentioned. But that is the wrong area.

If you use the "red" teleport stone, it takes you inside the cave area (just below the picture of the pink wizard on the map of Mirkholm Keep).

Even though this link shows pictures for the yardbirds, if you scroll down to the picture for Mirkholm Keep, you will see where Scarl Doomhowler is located. If you use the "red" teleport stone, it will put closer to the area that you need.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:The_Yardbirds#tab=Quest_Guide

You have to make your way through the cave area to get to the open area where Scarl Doomhowler is located. When you enter his area, and you see him and the Moonstrider Howlers walking around in the center, stop and look up at the Rock Wall on the right side. In the rock wall there is a shape, and you will see the head of a wolf with his mouth open and his teeth showing. His mouth is the entrance to the caves. You will see a dark brown path leading into his mouth, and it looks very dark in there, but once inside his mouth you will see the caves.

If you press "m" to look at your map, you will see Gath Duskwraith is in the upper left corner of the three caves.

On the map, the entrance to the caves is right near the picture of Scarl Doomhowler.

The other entrances that have the gates and locks don't open.

Hope this helped.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
AluraMist2 on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
I don't know if Prof. Greyrose responded on this or not, but this question came up before.

It sounds like you are near the "green" teleport stone, and you are in an open area with the Moonstrider Howlers walking around, near a gate that you mentioned. But that is the wrong area.

If you use the "red" teleport stone, it takes you inside the cave area (just below the picture of the pink wizard on the map of Mirkholm Keep).

Even though this link shows pictures for the yardbirds, if you scroll down to the picture for Mirkholm Keep, you will see where Scarl Doomhowler is located. If you use the "red" teleport stone, it will put closer to the area that you need.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:The_Yardbirds#tab=Quest_Guide

You have to make your way through the cave area to get to the open area where Scarl Doomhowler is located. When you enter his area, and you see him and the Moonstrider Howlers walking around in the center, stop and look up at the Rock Wall on the right side. In the rock wall there is a shape, and you will see the head of a wolf with his mouth open and his teeth showing. His mouth is the entrance to the caves. You will see a dark brown path leading into his mouth, and it looks very dark in there, but once inside his mouth you will see the caves.

If you press "m" to look at your map, you will see Gath Duskwraith is in the upper left corner of the three caves.

On the map, the entrance to the caves is right near the picture of Scarl Doomhowler.

The other entrances that have the gates and locks don't open.

Hope this helped.
Thank you very very much. I haven't tried it yet but hopefully it'll work. Thanks again!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
KKoop3 on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
Thank you very very much. I haven't tried it yet but hopefully it'll work. Thanks again!
Just curious. Have you tried it? Did it work?

And just a reminder... pick up the yardbird in the cave area. The link I gave you in my first post has the locations for the yardbirds.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
AluraMist2 on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
Just curious. Have you tried it? Did it work?

And just a reminder... pick up the yardbird in the cave area. The link I gave you in my first post has the locations for the yardbirds.
It worked! Thanks a lot. Now I can finish Grizzleheim and move on! Thanks!