Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 not loading on Mac with Mavericks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2013
i know i love it but now i can't play! they need to fix it

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I am having the same issue!! It's comforting to know that I'm not alone. Please Wizard101 fix this as soon as possible, because my subscription is going to run out in a month's time!

Level 83

Survivor
May 06, 2013
same problems as others

When I click on the Wizards icon, it brings up the check window, tells me I'm running the current version, then it goes to the initialization window. After it sits there for about 10 seconds, it goes into the Shutting Down process, where it seems to hang.

interesting that pirates 101 works fine.

any fix/work arounds?

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Hallo!

I'm becoming nervous as the demo version of CrossOver expires shortly, and then I will have no way to access Wiz101. (I don't have $50 to purchase it, unless KI wants to credit me the $$ for my year subscription? )

It's been a little over a week now, and I was hoping we might get an update, please.

Thank you kindly!

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
I downloaded WineBottler (free/open source) and the windows '.exe' installer and rebottled the program in wine. It only took a few minutes for WineBottler to run the installer and create the program. It works like a charm now, just like it always does.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2013
Do you all think they will fix it before next week?

Survivor
Aug 11, 2010
TWSEAL77 Thank you. I did what you said and it worked :)

Survivor
Oct 23, 2013
it is not working for me

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
Has this been fixed yet??? It's now November... about a full month since the initial poster stating that it wouldn't open in Mavericks... I'm still having the issue. The test realm ALMOST opened, then decided to give me that 'shutdown' page..

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
First off my family and I thank KI for creating a game that caters to all ages. As a recent "convert" to Apple computers, I also appreciate that KI has made it possible for Mac users to play Wizard101.

I recently joined this message board in hopes of finding a solution for my inability to play Wizard101 since I chose to update my Mac OS. All I have seen so far was a "PC" statement
to quiet the a.k.a. Mac users. It is important to realize that not all of us who peruse these forums are minors, and we are require "live" feedback from the moderators, not just programmed responses.

I also don't know how many paying accounts in your 35 million members are Mac users, but I am responsible for 3 of them and I am disappointed in the lack of attention this thread topic is getting from KI.

My billing cycle renewed shortly after I upgraded my Mac OS, and I am finding it hard to justify paying for another month without the benefit of playing your wonderful product.

Interesting that I would not be able to play higher level zones in Wizard101 if I chose to be a non-paying account, but yet your company receives my payments on time, without fail, while I and many others are still in the dark of KI's plans to resolve this matter for Mac users.

I humbly ask for some sort of update to your progress on this situation, or I will make another choice to place my money in another company's gaming concepts.

Thank you.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2013
i had today these mail from wizard101:
Thanks for your patience.

We have identified the cause of the issue with the new Mac OS X Mavericks and a resolution has been uploaded. Please be aware, it could take up to 24 hours for the Mac software “Sparkle” to update with the changes.

We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience.

what do you think? its true? do i need to do something? or it will update automatically? did you also had the. same mail?

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
Just got a message today from KI saying they have fixed the problem with Apple up grade 10.9 and that it may take up to 24 hours for it to be up and running for us ..sure hope it hurries up..tired of not being able to play

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
So is this working for anybody yet? I saw there was an update for the newest version, but I downloaded it and it still seems to be working incorrectly.

When will the fix be, KI?

Administrator
We have identified the cause of the issue with the new Mac OS X Mavericks and a resolution has been uploaded to the Live game. Please be aware, it could take up to 24 hours for the Mac software to update with the changes, however we ask that if you are using Mac OS X Mavericks, to please run Wizard101 and login.

If you still encounter issues, let our team know through email to help@kingsisle.com

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Aug 06, 2011
What do you mean when you say the software may take 24 hours to update? OS X itself isn't updating, right?

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
Yeah, Professor Greyrose, it's still not working.

The initializing screen pops up, it stays there for a while and then disappears, but the actual sign-in window next comes to be.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
Same thing, not working. Oh boy..

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
I got the test realm to work, but the game itself is still not loading. This is very frustrating- I haven't been able to play for over two weeks. If this problem persists I'll probably have to cancel my membership. :/

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Yay!

I thought it may still be broken, but it just takes a while to load once you've downloaded the new version (1.5). Each successive start up is as quick as it used to be.

Thanks for the patch, KI & CrossOver!

Administrator
If you still encounter issues with Wizard101 on Mavericks, let our team know through email to help@kingsisle.com

community@wizard101.com