Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should they make packs availabe for gold too?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2010
I have put up with crowns only packs for long enough. YES,I know KI is trying to get money by making this a pay to play and all that,but really KI? Not all of us have spare change. They could be 5000 gold orsomething like that,or 10000 so there will not be as many tiki waveriders as there are frankenbunnys. sowhat do you think about this?

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
.....this will never happen ever.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
philipfire8 on Oct 16, 2013 wrote:
I have put up with crowns only packs for long enough. YES,I know KI is trying to get money by making this a pay to play and all that,but really KI? Not all of us have spare change. They could be 5000 gold orsomething like that,or 10000 so there will not be as many tiki waveriders as there are frankenbunnys. sowhat do you think about this?
While we would all vote yes, KI will simply not do this, sorry.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I dont think there shoujld be any packs for gold because it would devalue the game too much. Gold is too easily gotten without even having to farm bosses for it. It can be found everywhere and is guaranteed a drop.

However, as an alternative to this idea, how about some packs that are both crowns AND gold. Less crowns, but a ton of gold (like, over 250,000 gold). This way, people who can't buy as many crowns can still get some worthwhile stuff, but not as good as full crown stuff. This is just a thought off the top of my head, *shrugs*

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Go search this and you'll find dozens of questions just like this one. The majority of them end with Professor Greyrose saying something like "This is a case of time vs. crowns, young wizard" and I hate to break it to you but that's why this will never happen. Sorry

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
i would want some to be available for gold just no lore packs

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Kingsisle will never, ever do this. I would love it and I am totally agreeing with you. But Kingsisle just loves money to much to even consider such an idea. Sorry, but its just the way it is.

Sean Goldblood 90 42

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
kingsisle is offering an advantage for those who do have spare change and are willing to pay for it if the gear was available for gold they would have to nerf it which still brings down their earnings

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
But what about people that pay for the game but can't afford all the extras I mean come on you have to have a payed sub just to level up and you get lured in by the advertisements of a " free to play game " the game is very fun but some people will most likely quit because they can't afford it and a lot of the wizard101 target audience is children and do they have the money to buy all this stuff I think not.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
If packs were to be available for gold it must be over 200 000, which is probably too low of a price for some people. Though, if Kingsisle did make this happen, there would be people complaining that that is way too much gold and it should be lowered, this is one reason it would be a bad idea.

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
Yes, they should but for a high price because they are supposed to be bought with crowns. Price should be around 2,000 to 5,000.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
No, I can easily already reach my 300,000 max gold limit, and now I would spend it all on packs? No. This would also bring mode Jade Gear in PvP complaints, more Pet complaints, more complaints on a lot, and what about the people that already used A LOT of crowns trying to get the gear they want from packs? They will be outraged and those are some of the most dedicated players. Sorry but I disagree with this idea even though I like it.
Level 90Miguel
Level 90Miguel
Level 40Miguel