Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Say GoodBye to the WaterWorks Gear

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
As a high level player, I'm getting real tired of the "best gear in the game", the WaterWorks Gear. Dont get me wrong, it's pretty awesome compared to even some of the crown items, but its getting VERY outdated. For one the critical block isn't real good, ranging around the 60's range. If a level 90 storm with around 400 critical is fighting me, im going to get destroyed. The resist isn't bad but if a fire came and had around 30 pierce, again, I am going to get demolished. The health is good.. but it needs a little more, around 400 more. Accuracy is fine for the case I state, but the heal boost needs an adjustment. Around 6 heal boost.. will not help.. ever. Maybe give around 20, a pixie with 6% heal boost.. 450 woopdiedoo, with around 20 a nice 600 pixie would be awesome. For a basic example I can use Balance.

Balance- 90+, Balance only
Hat of the Balance
650 Health
6 Pierce
70 Critical Block
95 Critical
5 Accuracy
15 Resist
7 Heal Boost
Gives 2 Balance Blade Cards

That would be a great level 90 hat for balance
Stats will very for the school like an ice could instead have 800 health and 18 resist
and 3 accuracy.

Waterwork Gear has been out for aroune 3ish years or so?? I think we are going to need a little upgrade

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
i agree on the need for an upgrade, however that's even more OP what you're suggesting. and to be honest, if you're not satisfied with the new tartarus/hades gear then idk what you want

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord and ww gear user

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Gabriel 1 savage p... on Oct 8, 2013 wrote:
i agree on the need for an upgrade, however that's even more OP what you're suggesting. and to be honest, if you're not satisfied with the new tartarus/hades gear then idk what you want

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord and ww gear user
Tartarus gear is based too much on critical and gives low damage and accuracy, which would be fine if you were going for a critical set. However since there is no good crafted gear players who played an all around game are left in the dust by their oudated gear.Hopefully come Oct. or Nov. Kingsisle will fix this with new gear in the new world.

Brandon Ironblade Level 90

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
The Spiral Wizard on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
As a high level player, I'm getting real tired of the "best gear in the game", the WaterWorks Gear. Dont get me wrong, it's pretty awesome compared to even some of the crown items, but its getting VERY outdated. For one the critical block isn't real good, ranging around the 60's range. If a level 90 storm with around 400 critical is fighting me, im going to get destroyed. The resist isn't bad but if a fire came and had around 30 pierce, again, I am going to get demolished. The health is good.. but it needs a little more, around 400 more. Accuracy is fine for the case I state, but the heal boost needs an adjustment. Around 6 heal boost.. will not help.. ever. Maybe give around 20, a pixie with 6% heal boost.. 450 woopdiedoo, with around 20 a nice 600 pixie would be awesome. For a basic example I can use Balance.

Hat of the Balance
650 Health
6 Pierce
70 Critical Block
95 Critical
5 Accuracy
15 Resist
7 Heal Boost

Stats will very for the school like an ice could instead have 800 health and 18 resist
and 3 accuracy.

Waterwork Gear has been out for aroune 3ish years or so?? I think we are going to need a little upgrade
that my friend is why tartarus is around check out the gear such as hades helm of justice amulet of divine influence blade of felled titan alpha and the omega ring and the whole set

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
the new hades gear is an upgrade to the water works gear although if you don't wanna do a dungeon from 5 to 100 times I suggest you either stick with what you have or craft.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011

Hat of the Balance
650 Health
6 Pierce
70 Critical Block
95 Critical
5 Accuracy
15 Resist
7 Heal Boost

and 3 accuracy.

i agree we need better gear water works gear is good and all but make some new gear plz I just want some good gear because so far I can't fined any better gear that not craft and I hate crafting it take to long and the stuff always has rare stuff to get so I don't do it it just not worth it but I want some good gear like craft gear so could you make a gear like that in a tower or something so we can get it and not have to craft it because I really don't want to have to craft my gear I don't like to for one thing and it not worth all the work because I have to craft one thing to get the other thing

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
A lot depends on your school and playing style. For some, the Aquila gear or crafted is an upgrade to WW. For others it is not. I change depending on mission, but my Promethian Storm is still in Waterworks hat and robe most of the time, as it is still the best blend of damage, resist, and accuracy.

I agree that some new gear is due. Most of the Aquila stuff is nothing special when you factor in level.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010

Hat of the Balance
650 Health
6 Pierce
70 Critical Block
95 Critical
5 Accuracy
15 Resist
7 Heal Boost

and 3 accuracy.

So we just got new Hades' gear that was a major upgrade to the WW gear. I am not sure if you knew that. If you did and are intentionally posting this, it (Aquila) just came out months ago, now we gotta wait another 3 years jk, seriously, farm the tartarus hades' upgraded WW gear set along with the athame and you'll do just fine.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
bran4971 on Oct 8, 2013 wrote:
Tartarus gear is based too much on critical and gives low damage and accuracy, which would be fine if you were going for a critical set. However since there is no good crafted gear players who played an all around game are left in the dust by their oudated gear.Hopefully come Oct. or Nov. Kingsisle will fix this with new gear in the new world.

Brandon Ironblade Level 90
We can only hope but i am beginning to doubt KI. For three years the only good gear you can get is the crafted gear. And making that gear and getting to the level of crafter you need to be to get the recipes, it can take you up to 3+ months just to get it all. I dont think everything needs to be changed on the ww gear, i think it just needs updated to a lvl 90 standard. Instead of a base 12 resist for lvl 60, why not a base of 18? (i got this number by noticing 6x2=12 for lvl 60 gear, so 9x2=18 for lvl 90 gear) and the same for the rest of the stats. They dont need to be outrageous, they just need improved and tweaked a little.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Wizgamer105 on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
So we just got new Hades' gear that was a major upgrade to the WW gear. I am not sure if you knew that. If you did and are intentionally posting this, it (Aquila) just came out months ago, now we gotta wait another 3 years jk, seriously, farm the tartarus hades' upgraded WW gear set along with the athame and you'll do just fine.
the water works gear better then that stuff I sry but I try it and I died like forth times in a row in pvp battle monster and normal fights with that gear that why I yous the water work gear sent it kept me alive longer and I you a lee win the battle with it and I ice so I have a lot of heath to help me but it don't matter of I yous Aquila gear