Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wands and staffs

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
So since you can have a new hair style(which I prefer not to use) instead of a hat...how about another idea. I still see people run around and duel without wands or staffs, etc. I myself used to do it. I like not using anything. Of course you loose a lot of extras. How about being able to stitch or combine clothes with wands/staffs. Still get the extras without carrying anything...which I would do everytime I level up. Ok so the idea needs...more. Maybe....ideas anyone?

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
Hey all..

What if we could change the weapon colors,, i got a bit sick of those standard weapon color mixes etc... but what if we can go to WC dye shop and change the colors of our weapon...
it would look cool

andrew stormhunter

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
maybe just a wand "skin" that are gloves? same casting animation but there is still an object there.

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
So I've had an idea that I think is a good idea for all levels of wizards. This idea is custom wands! That's right, wands that you create yourself!

How I think it should work by stages:

You start by taking a wand you already have to decide on the way it will look. After you decided on the looks, you need the spell cards the wand gives. This part should involve crafting. You take your wand to a special crafting station (accessed after a quest) and use reagents to determine the spell cards (you can do this twice per wand). The catch is you need to be at a crafting level to get specific spells on. And these spells determine the level required to wield that wand. For example, If you are a starting artisan you won't be able to put on 140 damage wand hits or a Feint spell, and if you create it with a high level artisan you won't be able to overpower your other wizards. The spells you choose to put on will determine if you get an extra power pip, a normal pip or no pip at the start of a battle.

Now that you have a new wand, you need the stats it gives you. This is the hardest and most rewarding part! You will have to collect new gems that will be a rare drop from enemies to add stats to your wand. The better the monster, the better the stats you can put on! Lets say you got a drop from MooShu, that stat can be more health for example. But if you get a drop in higher level places like Azteca, you can get global damage!
list of stats I think you should be able to get:
Health
Mana
Energy
Pip Chance
Accuracy (global and schools specific)
Damage (global and schools specific)
Stun Resist
Armor Pierce
Critical Rating (global and schools specific)
Critical Block (global and schools specific)

Each wand will be able to hold 1 to 5 gems, depends on the level of that wand!
But how much will this add to the wand? 50 health more or 500 more? This is where it gets even harder. Every gem you get will give a certain amount of the stat. For example a health stat will give 50. If you place it in the wand you will get that amount, but if you save it and get another drop you can combine the two into a better gem that give you more. Now you can get 100 health bonus! to combine the two gems you will need to pay a special NPC and it will cost a lot. I think from 5,000 for the first combination to lets say 50,000 for the final tenth combo (total of 270,000 gold per stat )! This might sound a lot but it's a way to make it hard to get.

so to get a dream wand, for example:
6 140 damage ice spell
1 Feint
1 Power pip on start
10% accuracy
10% Pip chance
100 Critical Rating
100 critical block
10% damage

you will need to be the highest level of artisan, get 50 specific rare drops and pay 1,375,000 gold! It may sound a lot but if you think about it, the pet system is really hard too and you see wizards with great pets! They get tones of benefits and respect and we all want that.

So this is the basics of the idea. Please post you comments on it.