Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Ideas: Objects of Power!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
As the title says, here are some spell ideas with the theme of 'Objects of Power'. Feel free to comment on any changes, just don't be negative. PS, all spells are 11 pips.

Storm: Pearl of Lightning: 1100-1350 damage, plus stun for 2 (or should it be 1?) rounds

Fire: Blazing Ember: 500 damage + 750 DOT (1250 damage total)

Ice: Snowflake of Chills: 1100-1150 damage, plus mega taunt (If you have a better after-effect, please comment)

Balance: Balanced Scale: 1150-1200 damage, plus balance blade

Myth: Creative Mind: 200 + 1000 damage

Life: Fruit of Growth: 1000-1100 damage, plus 400 health to self

Death: Skull of Decay: 1150-1200 damage, swap half to health ( comment if it should be something else)\

I hope you enjoyed my ideas! Again, feel free to comment.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
to weak. the 10 pip life spell spinysaur does 1350 in total which is stronger than the 11 pip fire spell and life spell. storm owl does 1500 no boost. Your's if it is single target should be at least 1800 or 1300 if its to all. ice is good but if you wanted could add an extra hundred or two. balance needs more power and maybe balance blade to all. myth needs more power; maybe 250+1250 but they do need another strong all enemy attack. 1200 drain is good for death if you add in a side affect.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
SoupWizard64 on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
As the title says, here are some spell ideas with the theme of 'Objects of Power'. Feel free to comment on any changes, just don't be negative. PS, all spells are 11 pips.

Storm: Pearl of Lightning: 1100-1350 damage, plus stun for 2 (or should it be 1?) rounds

Ice: Snowflake of Chills: 1100-1150 damage, plus mega taunt (If you have a better after-effect, please comment)

Death: Skull of Decay: 1150-1200 damage, swap half to health ( comment if it should be something else)\

These are my suggested changes:

Storm: Same with stunfor 2 rounds, not one.

Fire: 400 + 600 DoT (1000 damage total).

Ice: Snowflake of Chills 900-1050 damage, plus mega taunt. Ice has the weakest attack spells in the game and my feeling with this change is that this should remain consistent.

Balance: Balanced Scale: 950-1100 damage, plus balance blade. Again, balance should not be as strong as you made it, seeing as how it was so close to storm's damage.

Myth: Creative Mind: 200 + 850 damage. Also too strong compared to storm.

Life: Fruit of Growth: 600-850 damage, plus 700 health to self. My thoughts were to drastically weaken this spell but have a higher heal.

Death: Skull of Decay: 1050-1100 damage, swap half to health ( comment if it should be something else). Since it is swapping half to health, the over all spell should be weaker. That is the change I made here.

Hope this helped!

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

How about you learn different spells, but a quest means you have to collect them in order to learn the 11 pip spells? All of them have the same damage and effects, except myth also has a stun.
The fire quest would mean you have to defeat an enemy called 'Ember Thief' who hides in a house on Firecat Alley. When you defeat him, you go back to Dalia and she tells you to summon the Ember Blaze, a creature that was too fiery to live in any world of the spiral, and was banished into nothingness. Until you summon it again to do your bidding.
For the ice quest, Lydia will ask you to find the door to her home world, as a rogue Gobbler has found the Snowflake of Chills, and is eating Candyland. You find a door to a snowed-in castle, (you can't get out, so KI doesn't have to make a new world), where you fight the Gobbler to get the snowflake. You go back to Lydia & she tells you to summon the Snowflake King, (looks like a gobbler with a snowflake-shaped crown).
For storm, Halston asks you to face the Thunder Clam, and gain the Pearl of Lightning from it's lair in The Grotto. When you talk to Halston afterwards, he tells you to go to The Floating Land, and summon the Storm Clam.
For myth, Cyrus tells you to enter the door to the building next to the Mt. Olympus dungeon, and face Athena, Hermes & Hecate (all myth bosses) to collect the Creative Mind. When you return to Cyrus, he asks you to summon the Crystal Skull, near Aethon's Chariot in Cyclops Lane.
For life, Moolinda asks you to visit one of the homes in Mooshu, that has a teleporter to the Moodha Garden, the home of The Growing Tree. You must, however, defeat the Gardian, (an Earth Colossus). Prof. Wu then asks you to go to the Moodha statue near Jade Palace, to summon the Gardian, who now becomes your spell. You also get a new seed called The Growing Tree, that gives mainly Life rewards.
Dworgyn sends you to Dragonspyre to face the Skeleton King, and take the Skull of Decay from his head. You head back to Dworgyn, except he has disappeared, and your only clue is a piece of parchment that reads: If you wish to see your teacher again, go to the Krokosphinx & look for the tomb of Krokoses (Krok-o-sees). You go there and face a death boss - Krokoses - who vows to aid you when summoned in battle, if you give him the skull to keep him alive.
For balance, Alhazred sends you to Avalon, to face Anubis, whom you take the Scales of Justice. You return to Alhazred, who says that you must make it to the Shrine of Mayet in Azteca. When you go there, you fight 4 'Justice Guards' to gain entrance to the shrine. When you go to the shrine, you summon Mayet, who teaches you to summon Anubis.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
KKoop3 on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:

Ice: Snowflake of Chills 900-1050 damage, plus mega taunt. Ice has the weakest attack spells in the game and my feeling with this change is that this should remain consistent.

Balance: Balanced Scale: 950-1100 damage, plus balance blade. Again, balance should not be as strong as you made it, seeing as how it was so close to storm's damage.

Life: Fruit of Growth: 600-850 damage, plus 700 health to self. My thoughts were to drastically weaken this spell but have a higher heal.

Death: Skull of Decay: 1050-1100 damage, swap half to health ( comment if it should be something else). Since it is swapping half to health, the over all spell should be weaker. That is the change I made here.

Hope this helped!
I think everyone should know that rain of fire does 1100 damage by itself, so anything that you think of has to be above 1100 damage to all otherwise your just giving fire a weaker spell for more pips. if you ask me I think we should get a spell that just does the damage to all enemies, seriously meteor is the only damage aoe spell that does all its damage in one blow.

now then, I would put the fire spells damage at 1450 damage to all enemies.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I'm re-making the spells because I've gotten feedback that they're weak. This time, I'll look at the 10 pip spells to make sure I get this right. ( PS I'm not doing colors to save time).

Pearl of Lightning: 1650-1750 plus stun for 1 round ( because it hits a lot of damage)

Blazing Ember: 650 damage plus 900 damage over time

Snowflake of Chills: 1100-1200 damage plus mega taunt

Balanced Scale (By scale, I mean a balance, not something on a snake) 1200-1300 damage plus balance blade to all friends

Creative Mind: 350 + 1000 damage

Fruit of Growth: 950 damage plus 550 health to self

Skull of Decay: 1100 damage plus swap half to health ( less damage than usual to balance the heal)

Well, there are my re-made spells. If you have any more suggestions on them feel free to share.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
SoupWizard64 on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
I'm re-making the spells because I've gotten feedback that they're weak. This time, I'll look at the 10 pip spells to make sure I get this right. ( PS I'm not doing colors to save time).

Pearl of Lightning: 1650-1750 plus stun for 1 round ( because it hits a lot of damage)

Balanced Scale (By scale, I mean a balance, not something on a snake) 1200-1300 damage plus balance blade to all friends

Skull of Decay: 1100 damage plus swap half to health ( less damage than usual to balance the heal)

Well, there are my re-made spells. If you have any more suggestions on them feel free to share.
I like better the new ideas but here are my suggestions:

Pearl of Lightining: nothing changed but is the sutn for the enemy or all?

Blazing Ember: nothing changed pretty good

Balanced scale: pretty good

Creative Mind: pretty good

Snowflake of Chills: maybe 950-1100 mega taunt and stun (don't know if you will allow it sense there is another stun and adding stun would be sacrificing some damage so leave a comment for your like)

Fruit of Grownth : maybe 900 damage a 300 heal and 400 absorb

Skull of Decay: pretty good

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Luke Skysleeper on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
I like better the new ideas but here are my suggestions:

Pearl of Lightining: nothing changed but is the sutn for the enemy or all?

Blazing Ember: nothing changed pretty good

Balanced scale: pretty good

Creative Mind: pretty good

Snowflake of Chills: maybe 950-1100 mega taunt and stun (don't know if you will allow it sense there is another stun and adding stun would be sacrificing some damage so leave a comment for your like)

Fruit of Grownth : maybe 900 damage a 300 heal and 400 absorb

Skull of Decay: pretty good
To answer your questions/comments....

The Pearl only gives stun to one person.

The Snowflake is based off of the damage and effects of Lord of Winter. Adding stun would put it a bit un-balanced.

For the Fruit, once again, is based off of Spinysaur. A bit more damage, and an extra effect. All for equilibrium of the spells.

For all the comments of 'Pretty Good', thanks.

-Isaac Goldenriver, level 44

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

make storm one higher damage and no stun considering the 10 pip storm owl is way more damage one less pip maybe make it no stun 1650-1725 damage and and blazing ember 550 plus 1020 over 3 rounds skull of decay can stay health drains arent suppose to be as much as a regular damage attack fruit maybe 200 to all friends instead? myth 250 plus 1200?

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
gweedoboy on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
I think everyone should know that rain of fire does 1100 damage by itself, so anything that you think of has to be above 1100 damage to all otherwise your just giving fire a weaker spell for more pips. if you ask me I think we should get a spell that just does the damage to all enemies, seriously meteor is the only damage aoe spell that does all its damage in one blow.

now then, I would put the fire spells damage at 1450 damage to all enemies.
OK. Thx for the info. Didn't realize that. I do agree that it should be an AoE but i was just editing the spell that he had made.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
KKoop3 on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:

Hope this helped!
Snowflake of chills 900-1050 damage, Ice spells should never be stronger than fires nor should fire have second to last in spell damage otherwise ice would be able to have overwhelming damage as well as defense and make it's opposite, fire a very weak school.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
SoupWizard64 on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
To answer your questions/comments....

The Pearl only gives stun to one person.

The Snowflake is based off of the damage and effects of Lord of Winter. Adding stun would put it a bit un-balanced.

For the Fruit, once again, is based off of Spinysaur. A bit more damage, and an extra effect. All for equilibrium of the spells.

For all the comments of 'Pretty Good', thanks.

-Isaac Goldenriver, level 44
Ok SoupWizard64 thanks for answering my doubts about the spells.

P.S. After the majority decides how this spells work we should move on to more objects of power

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
SoupWizard64 on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:

ignore my earlier post it was before i saw this however maybe instead for fruit 275 to all friends?

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

Make them AoE, because, Storm Owl does more, Sun Serpent does more, Lord of Winter does around the same with a more powerful after-effect, Sabertooth does less damage by about 50, Celestial Calendar does 30 less damage, and that has an after effect worth 100 damage, so in a way you made 11 pips do less than 10, Spinysaur does 1,250 damage, so lose the health part of that spell and make it AoE, a death wizard can do that much with a monster, even just using their gear and nothing else!

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
May I please remind everyone to glance at my new and improved spells a few comments above this one, rather than the broken first ones.