Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to get the talents that you want

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
I have seen a lot of people saying that if you train a specific area (e.g will, agility, etc), that you will get the talent you want, well I am here to prove all of you WRONG. A pets talent setup is decided when the pet hatches. If you really want to know what talents your pet will get and when they will get them, go into the test realm, train your pet there, look at what talents that pet gets at what stage it's at, go back into the live realm, train your pet and OH MY GOD! Your pet learned say fairy at adult just like it did on test realm. I have first hand experience with this. If you do not believe me, next time test realm opens, train any pet you have in test realm, than train that same pet in live realm, you will see what I mean.

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
Daniel Deathward on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
I have seen a lot of people saying that if you train a specific area (e.g will, agility, etc), that you will get the talent you want, well I am here to prove all of you WRONG. A pets talent setup is decided when the pet hatches. If you really want to know what talents your pet will get and when they will get them, go into the test realm, train your pet there, look at what talents that pet gets at what stage it's at, go back into the live realm, train your pet and OH MY GOD! Your pet learned say fairy at adult just like it did on test realm. I have first hand experience with this. If you do not believe me, next time test realm opens, train any pet you have in test realm, than train that same pet in live realm, you will see what I mean.
Wow! Thanks, I will definitely try this out when the next test realm comes
Sierra Ashblood, Transcendent

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Daniel Deathward on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
I knew the fact that they are pre-decided, but I never knew we could do this! Thanks, I'll be buying mega snacks when the next test realm comes out.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
I already knew this, but great idea posting this to let other players know!

I'm still waiting for test realm to train my thunder collosus to epic