Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School... Turmoil?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Hi my name is Benjamin Goldenpyre. I have been playing wizards 101 since near the beginning and loved it ever since. The first time I had been sorted into a school I was chosen to be a Balance wizard, and enjoyed it ever since. But I have been thinking to myself "What if there was a school to counter balance? What would it be? What would the colors be? Who would teach it?" and recently I've been coming up with those answers
My idea is the School of Turmoil. I chose this name because the opposite of balance is chaos (but there is already a school of chaos in Wysteria....) so I looked up synonyms for chaos and Turmoil seemed to fit best The Turmoil school's colors... (which is still up for debate) consists of a Royal Purple and a Dark Green. It's sign would be something similar to an atom but without the nucleus in the center, and its gemstone would be the Opal for its almost chaotic look and vibrant colors. The teacher of this school would be a Draconian (what his name is... I'm not sure yet ) The school's location would either be floating in the rubble of where the old death school used to be OR floating in old town or even in golem court.
Warlocks (like sorcerers) can change the rules of battle BUT more OUT of your opponents favor than their balance counterparts.

I'm still working on the idea but let me know how you like it

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
Defender
Nov 17, 2012
There has been lots of talk recently about getting an opposite for balance. Personally, I think it would completely throw off the game. It has already progressed so much and adding another school would cause riots and public executions and possibly a zombie apocalypse. I think that neither Kingsisle or other players would like to have another school. It may seem like a good idea now but later it could mess things up.

P.S. Maybe in the beginning the school is taught by some guy like the death and balance schools, then you can unlock some mini world in the spiral that is basically a training ground for all wizards. In the back of the training ground is the school of turmoil, a recipe vendor, and something like the bazaar.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
no balance was made to be the balance of all things making a chaos type of school would ruin the game

Survivor
Mar 07, 2013
Benjamin Goldenpyr... on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
Hi my name is Benjamin Goldenpyre. I have been playing wizards 101 since near the beginning and loved it ever since. The first time I had been sorted into a school I was chosen to be a Balance wizard, and enjoyed it ever since. But I have been thinking to myself "What if there was a school to counter balance? What would it be? What would the colors be? Who would teach it?" and recently I've been coming up with those answers
My idea is the School of Turmoil. I chose this name because the opposite of balance is chaos (but there is already a school of chaos in Wysteria....) so I looked up synonyms for chaos and Turmoil seemed to fit best The Turmoil school's colors... (which is still up for debate) consists of a Royal Purple and a Dark Green. It's sign would be something similar to an atom but without the nucleus in the center, and its gemstone would be the Opal for its almost chaotic look and vibrant colors. The teacher of this school would be a Draconian (what his name is... I'm not sure yet ) The school's location would either be floating in the rubble of where the old death school used to be OR floating in old town or even in golem court.
Warlocks (like sorcerers) can change the rules of battle BUT more OUT of your opponents favor than their balance counterparts.

I'm still working on the idea but let me know how you like it
Sorry, Benjamin Goldenpyr, but I don't really think this is a good idea. Life and death are this day and, well it sounds like a copy. The opposite of balance is chaos but, that's also what the opposite of the life class in general is. And had in playing this long I'm sure you know about death being the kind who creates chaos, so you'd be remaking the death class. And i personally think it's a bad idea to have it in any of the places you mentioned. I'm sorry to give this kind of information out but it is just what I think.

P.S.- Balance is wt keeps all the classes together, so adding a rival to them would separate the balance and put the entire Spiral to doom.

plusplus= Balance. Don't ruin the balance, PLEASE!!!

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
Wow. You really seemed to think about this. But first things first-
Those colors are already Storm's colors.I would think more of a gold and silver.

Second, like other people said, the game is way to far progressed to just add another school out of the blue. It would be cool to have this school, but maybe its like the astral schools, where its not at Ravenwood. Maybe they could make a world based around this school, but its not likely. Balance is the odd one out, the one with no opponent, the balance of everything. So yeah....

~

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
Awesome idea! There should also be a new school of water, but I don't know what it's opposite would be.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
While this idea sounds Great I don't think balance needs a opposite