Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance fizzling?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
I'm trying to collect items from monsters in Avalon and i spam sandstorm to kill them. My robe gives me four percent accuracy.
I just fizzled almost 8 TIMES IN A ROW. What the heck!
I finish off the fight with a thousand life when i should have only gone down by that much!
KI, PLS make these stats more realistic!
Blake Fireshade
Seth Legend
i:

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
sethlegendperson on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
I'm trying to collect items from monsters in Avalon and i spam sandstorm to kill them. My robe gives me four percent accuracy.
I finish off the fight with a thousand life when i should have only gone down by that much!
Blake Fireshade
Seth Legend
i:
lol, balance fizzles more than any other school in the game after level 50.

my promethean sorceress used to fizzle consecutively, 3-4 times in a row. and then i got her a pet with sharp shot, which boosts her accuracy by 7 percent. i honestly don't know how i ever did anything without it. if you want to hatch, send me a message on central and we can arrange a time to meet in-game.

-v.
promethean and

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I think the higher level you are the more your accuracy decreases behind your back .......

For example, my wizard.

She fizzles!! At least 3 times a day!! Life has the highest accuracy !!

Vanessa E. 59

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Even if you have stats that add up to over 100 for accuracy for any given card, you can still fizzle. Even 100% accuracy is not 100%. Nonsense I know, but that's the way it works right now.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
I rarely fizzle, I have +15 accuracy from gear and i try to have infallible up just before
casting any attack spells which gives another +15 accuracy. I am fire and fire has the
second lowest accuracy in the game with storm being the first.

I do have a friend that is balance and death mastery that fizzles a lot and has
commented on having unrealistic stretches of fizzling. He has a particularly
bad night because his pet did not heal once and he fizzled 90% of the time
through a entire level 90 dungeon run which is to the point of being useless
for the entire group. This sort of bug or glitch if that is what it is needs to be
fixed because i refuse to believe it is just bad luck when it happens for
periods of more than a hour of constant combat.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
LOL I notice the same thing I don't fizzle to often but when I do it's in succession I really hate when a kill spell fizzles because it can be deadly but sometimes I have good days and sometimes I have bad days

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Lucas Rain on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
Even if you have stats that add up to over 100 for accuracy for any given card, you can still fizzle. Even 100% accuracy is not 100%. Nonsense I know, but that's the way it works right now.
first i hear it takes higher critical rating at higher level now kingsisle is trying to make it so higher the level the worse you are or these are both bias either way critical rating could use explaining from moderaters and possibly fixing and 100% accuracy fizzling could use some fixing

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
Stormgem307 on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
I think the higher level you are the more your accuracy decreases behind your back .......

For example, my wizard.

She fizzles!! At least 3 times a day!! Life has the highest accuracy !!

Vanessa E. 59
great.... i'm a level 51 !! i'll turn into your fizzles soon well my wizard is still wroking on the crucible in dragonspyre

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Greyrose, why?

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Tell me about it. Found out the commonness of balance fizzles the hard way.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
It's okay. We all fizzle. It can be irritating when we fizzle, but if we didn't things would be far to easy.
-Ashley Deathflame
Balance Level 66

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
MadisonWinterHorn on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
Greyrose, why?
according to ki math, there is no such thing as 100% accuracy.

the elementals and myth all get accuracy boosts with their gear, without having to give up stats in other areas; life, death, and balance can't get that without their damage and resist taking a major hit.

my level 84 storm wizard hasn't fizzled since dragonspyre... so she now has super-steroid damage AND perfect accuracy (101%). thank goodness we have horrible health and resist/block~ if we didn't, i'd understand why people think storm is totally overpowered (because we kinda are). and then, there's my poor balance wizard who, at the same level, did nothing but fizzle until i got her that pet.

as with ki math, none of it makes any sense.

-v.

promethean and
archmage of awesomeness

Squire
May 10, 2013
sethlegendperson on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
Blake Fireshade
Seth Legend
i:
lol! :P.

Why are you blaming K.I. for your troubles with casting spells?

Like Katzenstein said, (Better known as "Dr. Von") Balance has the most trouble for casting spells after level 50.

And What Gear you using??

Here's a great chart for gear for level 70 - 80:

1. Atlantea Hat.
2. Cape of Judgement
3. Either Atlantea or Waterworks.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Um...how You can't fizzle if you have 100% accuracy. I played around 100 matches of PvP with full accuracy and never fizzled unless i got mantled or dispelled.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Jerry Saibot on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
Um...how You can't fizzle if you have 100% accuracy. I played around 100 matches of PvP with full accuracy and never fizzled unless i got mantled or dispelled.
My Death has 98 percent accuracy, and in PvP, I can only remembering having a fizzle once.
Not the case in the new world, I just fizzled twice in a row in the Hades dungeon.
I can expect to normally fizzle at least once in the Hades Dugeon each time I do it.
Sometimes it more.... at 98% you would expect it to be almost none exsistant.

My Balance use to fizzle on Weakness constantly, around 45%.
I cast it 100 times, (about two years ago I did this test), and fizzled on 44 of 100 cast.
My Accuracy was sitting at 93% at that time. I complained to KI, with the data
that I collected, as it clearly has an issue.

My Myth had an accuracy of 99% at one time, and he use fizzle at random times.
Come on, at 99%, you should fizzle no more than once out of a hundred times.
I know statistics will say, oh no, you could fizzle three times in a row, but really,
in the real world, anyone knows thats not the case.

I'm convinced that the game is programmed to make you fizzle at certain times,
especially when you are battling the dogs before you battle Hades.

Some things are just too consistant to be random, imo.

Justanoob.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
i'm MAX i don't really fizzle much the only spell i prefer not using cause of always fizzing is supernova lvl 72 gain it only has 60% but mostly i don't fizzle like all the time but i would enjoy helping you i'm wolf skywalker max i hope i may help if i can figure out time to help out

Survivor
Jul 30, 2013
I always get fizzle when i cast a really powerful spell

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
We are finding with all our schools the fizzle rate has been very annoying. Altho it is easy enough to add the accuracy TC spells in early levels once you get to the Star or fists you can't put both on one spell.

We are taking a break from our Avalon with our Fire and Life questing because it got tiresome. Our level 90 Life, Balance and Death are parked but it was happening with them also. Currently in Krock Land with my Ice wizard I consistently fizzle at least one time per fight some times twice in a row.

Storm has become our most reliable but that seems to be because we can get enough accuracy into the gear with out slaughtering the other stats.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
My balance friend had 106% balance accuracy total and fizzled. To clarify:

starts with 85% to her balance spell
plus 21% from her gear

She did not have any negative accuracy charms or effects.

Explorer
Mar 24, 2011
Dr Von on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
lol, balance fizzles more than any other school in the game after level 50.

my promethean sorceress used to fizzle consecutively, 3-4 times in a row. and then i got her a pet with sharp shot, which boosts her accuracy by 7 percent. i honestly don't know how i ever did anything without it. if you want to hatch, send me a message on central and we can arrange a time to meet in-game.

-v.
promethean and
I would like to disprove that. I am level 63 and I have had no problems with averaging 1 or 2 fizzled balance spells a duel. storm still has the highest rate which I think is about 45%

Explorer
Mar 24, 2011
Jerry Saibot on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
when you start the game, you should have an accuracy of 25-45/100 spells depending on the school. items give an accuracy ADDITION. if it adds 100% then it adds to your original accuracy (25/100 + 100% is 25/100 +25/100).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Lucas Rain on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
My balance friend had 106% balance accuracy total and fizzled. To clarify:

starts with 85% to her balance spell
plus 21% from her gear

She did not have any negative accuracy charms or effects.
This is based off assumption that the numbers ADD. +21% accuracy could very well mean 21% decrease in fizzle chances. 85% success means 15% failure. 21% decrease in the failure rate would make it about 12% failure and 88% success.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I have recently done a few tests on this, based on 100 attack spells cast.
I did this on my Balance wizards, which has 85% base, and 10% from pet and
gear. My average was not 95 spells cast out of 100 as expected, but only
78 out of 100 attack spells. So, I agree with the original posting, we fizzle
more than we should.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
It's only gotten worse since Khrysalis was released. My balance wizard has 92% accuracy and fizzles a lot, often 3 or more times in a row (most was 5 consecutive fizzles).

I think Seethe42 is right, in that the numbers don't add, but subtract from your failure chance.

Sick of trying to understand KI math,
-v.

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
I understand lots of fizzling. I hate fizzling. My advice, use some spells to make the accuracy higher. And if the balance fizzling the most after lvl 50, then I'm in for a long run. I'm lvl 35. I'm more of a stay at home type.

All are born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid