Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca mobs too overpowered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
How do you live? HOW? I just got killed by a shadow weaver glider by a storm owl. WHY? KI, don't give the minions rank 10 spells. We have the bosses to deal with already.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
flash siren on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
How do you live? HOW? I just got killed by a shadow weaver glider by a storm owl. WHY? KI, don't give the minions rank 10 spells. We have the bosses to deal with already.
What are your stats? What gear do you have equipped?

If you have the right stuff, it's a cinch. Let us know what you're wearing, so we can help.

Good luck!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Dr Von on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
What are your stats? What gear do you have equipped?

If you have the right stuff, it's a cinch. Let us know what you're wearing, so we can help.

Good luck!
My gear is all thrown together. lets see... I have some stuff I think I should switch out. here they are:

Bane worm's tartan; only; lvl 78

bull's charge dagger; lvl 64
Kallah's dread stone; only; lvl 66

I would switch the stuff, but I cant find anything that would be good for a death student.
My main focus is damage and critical, but also block and resist.

if you find such gear, it would be the biggest help to me.

Thanks!

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
flash siren on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
My gear is all thrown together. lets see... I have some stuff I think I should switch out. here they are:

Bane worm's tartan; only; lvl 78

bull's charge dagger; lvl 64
Kallah's dread stone; only; lvl 66

I would switch the stuff, but I cant find anything that would be good for a death student.
My main focus is damage and critical, but also block and resist.

if you find such gear, it would be the biggest help to me.

Thanks!
Hm, well the only things I see you can do with upgrading your stats are:

1) Mix Waterworks gear with crafted Avalon or Azteca boots
2) Mix crafted Avalon gear with Azteca boots
3) Mix crafted Avalon gear with Azteca athame and ring
4) Wear all Azteca crafted gear...

...Any of the suggestions above could help you out somewhat in AZ, but not really that much. IMO, KI really messed up when they released AZ with all that crazy difficulty to the point that people with SPUD and SPUF pets were struggling. So I guess besides using any of the above gear ideas, you'd best a friend or two to help you out (if you can find anyone available/willing). Good luck.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
I agree, it is too overpowered. I like to solo my quests and that's just a distant fond memory at this point...:( I have had to team up with 2 or 3 others to get through Azteca...one word of advice, some folks don't like to do this, but I find it's worth the time and effort to level as high as possible before starting Azteca. I did all the side worlds, Wintertusk, GH, all side quests and got as much xp as possible. I hit Promethean with Death and Storm wizards in Pitch Blake Lake. It helped to have Sun and Star school spells earlier on in Azteca, like in Salt Meadow Swamp. Also, take the time to get Waterworks gear. It's still the best available. I did switch out waterworks boots on death wizard for Nero's boots, Also, once you get one wizard to Promethean, you can farm Cronus and Hades and get even better gear. Look for ring Alpha and Omega and athame Felled Titan. It's a really tough world you can't solo easily. It makes me wonder what the next world will be like O_O! Good luck!

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Honestly, its overpowered with poor stats. The best ways to stay alive in azteca are:
1.) Have atleast 30+ Universal resistance
2.) 150+ Critical Block
3.) 25-50% incoming heal boost.

You won't have a problem with the world after having these stats which can be achieved by
1.) Crafting your gear
2.) waterworks gear with high critical wand
3.) Hades gear (Level 90+)
4.) Jade gear from the crown shop (Note: Very defensive)

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Its not overpowered at all. Hard, but not impossible. And here is what I suggest for gear setup:
Hat: Hangmans Hood
Robe: Longcoat of the Wold
Boots: Forest Hearth Boots
Amulet: Shangos Deathblade Amulet
Wand: Wyrd Oak Staff
Athame: Long Nights Mandible/Ghost in the Darkness
Ring: Sir Malorys Seal
This is all without any crowns, crown block wands are better than the Wyrd Oak Staff and the amulet could be replaced if you want it to. Make sure to use deathblade, spiritblade and scarecrow/deer knight if your lucky enough to have it. I'm not the best with death, but I tried.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
totally! and why are the dungeons from zafaria and up all "busy" when you try to help?

Survivor
May 31, 2010
i just need help on the level 88 spell quest. I think the boss is to overpowered on the 88 myth spell quest plz help me .

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
They very OP and to have to deal with 3 foes to unlock sun/star/moon trainer and 88 spell all solo, I want to seriously know what KI thinking. A challenge is great but this is just to much. Fizzles when in dire straits, or they happen to sneak in a unblocked crit. And to top it off they change it so you can't mark location inside. Sorry to say but if this don't change soon i'll be pulling myself and my money out an going else where.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
It's not so much OP as it is tedious.

When designing this world, I think KI was going for time to defeat, not the difficulty vs. rate to defeat. It also seemed like they assumed everyone had waterworks gear or better.

Hopefully, this problem is addressed in the final world of Morganthe's Arc. (Assuming it's 5 worlds, like Malistaire's.)