Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need instructions!!!! So worried!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 20, 2013
Help!!! I was just completing a Krokotopia dungeon when i got the little portrait thing from head master ambrose to come and see him. I thought it would be okay if i did a few quests first. And when I was finished I went to talk to him and he said nothing. Just what he always says. "Keep searching. We must learn all we can about Malistares plans." I'm pretty sure he was going to give me the key to Marleybone because I already had Grizzlehime and Krokotopia. Did I mess up the game by doing those quests? I dont want to ruin all my progress. Someone, HELP!!!

Survivor
May 29, 2010
That same thing appened to me tooAs soon as I got that notice, I went straight to him and he said the exact same thing, so I don't think that you ruined all your progress. And yes, I have the key to Marleybone. Don't worry!

Natalie Willowleaf Lvl 48

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
CluelessPerson on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Help!!! I was just completing a Krokotopia dungeon when i got the little portrait thing from head master ambrose to come and see him. I thought it would be okay if i did a few quests first. And when I was finished I went to talk to him and he said nothing. Just what he always says. "Keep searching. We must learn all we can about Malistares plans." I'm pretty sure he was going to give me the key to Marleybone because I already had Grizzlehime and Krokotopia. Did I mess up the game by doing those quests? I dont want to ruin all my progress. Someone, HELP!!!
Did you level up while you were working on the dungeon?

Sometimes Headmaster Ambrose get confused, and he calls us to go to new areas (like a new area in Grizzleheim), when we aren't quite ready to go there. So when you go to see him, he forgot what he called you for... LOL... You didn't mess anything up.

It's kind of a nuisance, but I usually go to see him when he calls anyway.

Ex; maybe you leveled up to 20 or 25, and he would have told you to go back to Grizzleheim. But maybe you didn't finish all of the lower level areas in Grizzleheim yet. That's just one example.

Hope this helped.

Survivor
May 07, 2013
I don't think you messed up at all. I think sometimes he pops his head up when he doesn't mean to, as this has happened to me as well.

I don't believe that you'll get the key to Marleybone until you finish Krokotopia's main quests. However, when you are level 25, Head Master Ambrose will want to see you and, this time, he won't just be telling you to keep searching :D

Survivor
May 08, 2012
well if you defeated krokapatra you should keep doing quest for a bit the your quests lead to talking to ambrose.

Survivor
May 19, 2012
You're good. This is a glitch that happens from time to time

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Some times Ambrose forgets what he already told you, remember he has thousands of wizards to keep track of and asks you to visit him again. I think he re-reminds you about Grizzlehiem but when you get to him he remembers he already told you that - face palm.

You are fine completing your quests and won't loose the option to enter MarleyBone when you are ready.

If you go into setting and choose critical only it cuts down on the non essential ones for you.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Relax! It's a glitch that has been going on (off and on) for years. There's no need to reboot, or go anything. Just ignore it. You will know when there's a real reason to visit Merle Ambrose; it's not in the middle of or at the end of a duel.