Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragon mount

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I love the dragon mount that just came out for lucky players, however i think the mount is so special that the speed should be 50% speed not 40% like the other mounts...

luis stardust 90
ryan 83
chris stardust 67

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I have the Frontier Dragon mount so I wouldn't mind seeing this :).
The problem is that it wouldn't be fair to the newer players who have no way of getting this mount. Making it the only mount with a 50% speed boost would make it even more unfair.
It would be cool if they made some faster mounts though.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
I agree. Our dragons came from a promo so they should go 50% fast or 60%. We don't want to be speeding through the Spiral to fast you know.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
First, I'd like to congratulate you and everyone in the wizard101 team for the 5th anniversary and hope it keeps going for much longer !

My problem though is with the rewards given according to the date of creation of the accounts. Your idea of giving rewards is in my opinion a 50/50 positive/negative scenario because as it rewards players for loyalty it's also frustrating for others (like in my case) because just because of date of creation, we are forced to settle with a lesser reward and seriously why ?

Back then, I made my account on January 20th 2010 because I saw an add about your game and decided to join, having seen the add earlier on (lack of advertisement) I would've joined before and would've earned the 5th year reward (the red dragon mount) instead of a auric dragon statue that I am now forced to be satisfied with. We're talking about only 4 months, because I didn't want to join before ? no, because I didn't even know the game existed and now I have to deal with ALOT of players just flying around in the mount I would have very much loved (and appreciate) to get right in my face, to be honest, it makes me feel bad and put down.

The idea to give rewards is great and is much appreciated but in some cases (I'd say quite a few), it's just penalizing players just because it's based on a certain specific date and not how the players actually HELPED the game go on by example: buying crowns and stuff.

It would be awesome if you guys actually saw this through and gave it some thought because to be honest, I find it a bit frustrating and insulting as it is now even though it's all in good intention.

I hope you guys realize and appreciate what some players(I'm just an example btw, there are many others like me) did for the game by supporting you by buying a lot of crowns, it would be fun to get some recognition in some way, in this particular case, the mount that I missed by 4 months...

I thank you for your time, understanding and consideration !

All the best !

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
It might be a bit unfair but it's a rare mount so it should have a speed increase. And for the people who missed out maybe there could be a raffle / draw or during this xmas a way of getting one of the dragon mount.
But i still think it should be 50% speed. People with 40% mounts can get the boots that increase speed by 8% or so.
And, if kingsile records the amount people buy crowns, they should also give rare prizes to people who spent a lot of money.
If no speed increase at least add something else little like a little more health, resist or damage. Or maybe even a spell card

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I love the dragon mount. It makes me feel special, ya know? Plus my main wizards name is Robert Dragonrider, so it makes sense, in a way. Plus I have the wizards watchtower which also makes sense. I think that the dragon mount should have a slight speed increase, by about five percent. Nothing too drastic, just a little speed boost. I don't want any haters, k?

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I actually don't consider this the best idea because a lot of people are already very cross about older members getting the dragons and missing the deadline by very little time so it really wouldn't make sense for KI to make it even more exclusive just be happy with your free mounts which most other players will never have.