Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i'm confused..??

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
A pet gets a talent every level right? but there's only teen , adult , ancient and mega, so do you only get one talent when you level up to each of these? i don't get it, because you have 10 in total.. please someone explain to me ( not including the derby talents at all )

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Right now, you can have 5 talents that manifest on your pet at teen, adult, ancient, epic and mega, out of 10 possible talents (not including pet derby).

It's random as to what talents manifest. It's the way KI designed it and makes it more interesting and frustrating at the same time.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Lachjdk on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
A pet gets a talent every level right? but there's only teen , adult , ancient and mega, so do you only get one talent when you level up to each of these? i don't get it, because you have 10 in total.. please someone explain to me ( not including the derby talents at all )
Your pet has ten possible talents, of which you will gain one per level. Possible being the operative word. All talents are random and I guess KI figures it would take the fun out of it by just giving five (not including the derby talents).

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
you have a possible of 10 talents per pet you can only get five of them.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Your pet has ten potential talents, but only one is unlocked at each level, so if you train to mega you will have 5/10 active. Derby abilities work the same way.

Survivor
May 13, 2013
Ah, the old impossible-to-understand pet talents.

Basically, you get 10 regular talents: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, and J (stick with me just an example lol), as well as 10 derby talents, namely, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. There are five levels. Every level, you get a regular talent, and a derby talent, so unfortunately this means that you will only get 5 out of the 10 possible derby talents, and 5 out of the 10 possible regular talents.

I know, it sucks.

I'm pretty sure that wizard101, when your pet first hatches, decides randomly which talents you will get at which level, and training particular things (no clue what they're called sorry, agility, will, power, strength, and intellect) will have no effect on which talents you get in the long run. However, it can change the potency of them, for instance the percentage.

If you don't get one of the talents you wanted, see if you can buy another. I wouldn't spend crowns on it, but if it's something like starfish, which can be bought with gold, by all means I would try again.

Happy training!