Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Doubting my starfish getting spellproof

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
So I started training my starfish today and i've gotten it to a teen, and i trained strength and agility + the pet snacks that improve strength , agility + power. At teen I was hoping for maybe spell proof but i pip o' plenty.. should i give up on this starfish or will give me spell proof at adult??

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
I suggest training your pet up to at least ancient before giving up on it. Maybe you'd have better luck with another starfish or a different pet that also gives proof. Also, the types of pet snacks you give your pet doesn't affect which talent your pet will get. My starfish had maxed agility and high strength, but even at ancient it didn't get spell proof. Hope this helps and good luck!

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 85
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 77
Christina Goldenheart Level 71

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Lachjdk on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
So I started training my starfish today and i've gotten it to a teen, and i trained strength and agility + the pet snacks that improve strength , agility + power. At teen I was hoping for maybe spell proof but i pip o' plenty.. should i give up on this starfish or will give me spell proof at adult??
We now have assorted Starfish to adult, 1 at ancient and none so far have gotten Spell Proof, we got every other talent but that one across two accounts we are working on them with. I imagine it's an Epic Rare, chance in a blue moon talent it may or probably won't get . I am considering hatching the best 2 Starfish since sometimes that brings a hidden talent out.

We hatched a Leopard with a Phoenix that did not have spritely manifested at adult and the hatched Leopard got spritely at adult? Talk about a shot in the dark. I did loose my fire blade for a may cast fire blade though so you can't win for the losing.

Best I can say for now - we are going to keep trying the Starfish. We have gotten Spritely so that's one down with 3 to go toward some sort of SPUD pet. I think my yearly membership will expire first though. I think we will farm for a Sea Dragon since I am at a low with wanting to quest and give that a go?

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Well you never know at teen, I would try it. It can't hurt.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
nevermind lol, it got spell proof ( 5% so far ) at adult!