Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School-Splitting Idea

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
I have seen a couple of posts saying how people want a school of Water or a school of Wind, Earth, Thunder etc.
Most posts that disagree on those subjects is that they are already part of another school.

Like how wind and water are all part of Storm along with electricity.
How earth is part of life and myth.

I have an idea that I think might make those people happy.
Simply making those separate school won't help since people who originally wanted those schools won't be happy.

How about this: School-Splitting Path!

Since a lot of the schools are made of many different elements, at level 100, it will be nice if we can chose what part of the elements of our school we would like to learn the most. example:

A Storm wizard given the choice of either Wind or Electricity. Since Storm focuses on

1. Dealing high damage
2. Removing Charms

When a Storm wizard reaches level 100, they can chose, depending their fighting strategy, to chose Wind to FOCUS on Removing charms (since wind can blow things away, in this case, charms) or Lightning to FOCUS on dealing high damage (since lightning is a powerful element).

Choosing which school-side won't change the health, mana, gears or color of the spells. The only thing that changes are the spells the wizard receives.

If the wizard decides to go with Wind, the spells they will get will be different than if they went with Lightning.

For example, the level 98 spell can be a huge wave smashing toward the opponent. Based on the choice the wizard made, the spell will look different. If the wizard chose Wind, there will be a small group of tornadoes in the spell animation; if the wizard chose Lightning, there will be lightning bolts instead. The choice can also affect the effects the spell have.

For example:
Wind: Deal 1200 damage to all enemies and remove 2 Positive charms on each opponent
Lightning: Deal 1300 damage to all enemies and Stun all opponents.

That could be the only difference since I don't think KI would want to make a huge change for the different choices. And I think the choice should be able to be reset with crown just like training points. Here are the possible paths for each schools:

Storm: Lightning and Wind
Ice: Water/Frost
Fire: Lava/Flame
Life: Plants/Spirit
Death: Darkness/Undead
Myth: Earth/Mythical Creatures
Balance: Elemental/Spiritual

I Hope you like my idea!

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
This Idea...

This Idea is fantabulous.

I especially like how you think with the design of the branch, maybe those little branches have their own roots?

Anyways, I belive spells should be different based on which subset you picked (for example, Selecting the wind portion of storm will give you a mellow colored yellow, in the storm symbol), and I think there should also be a difference with the myth and death idea, See,

Myth: Mind and Earth. Earth deals with the destruction of all wards, and provides Ground-breaking (Pun intended) powers designed for the purpose of deleting the shields. Mind, on the other hand, provides some more minions and adjusts combat by Double hits and their own special cheat plans.

Death should have Fatality and Sorrow. Fatality improves attack skills, And provides enchants and charms set to the purpose of Increasing Death damage into Exponential hieghts. Sorrow is centered on weakening and draining from the enemy with some Damage over Time attacks, and it also provides spells that add Global effect.