Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Options for not showing PVP chat

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Some people never have anything nice to say in PVP, and you can't ignore them until after they've already said something mean or hurtful.

I think players should be asked in each PVP duel whether they want to receive messages from the opponent. It would show up as a popup:

"Morgrim MeanBoy is trying to send you a message. Do you accept?"
Yes or No

And after a duel, I think players should have the option to menu chat "Good match!" when they are closing out the duel results popup.

Administrator
You mean like this ?

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/december2009#PvP

Under Options is a new ability that allows you to hide your opponent's Chat in Player vs Player combat. If you have this option enabled, during a PvP duel:

• Anything you type cannot be seen by your opponents, but can be seen by your teammates and spectators.
  • Anything your opponents type you can’t see, but can be seen by their teammates and spectators.
  • All Menu Chat can be seen by everyone.

You can change this setting at any time, including during a PvP duel, but it will not take affect until the next turn.

community@wizard101.com
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Thanks, but that's not what I mean.

I don't like the option where you have to choose to seal yourself off inside a bubble in order to be protected from bullying and mean kids. I'd rather people had a structure that encouraged them to be nice.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
There have been threads about spectators being more hurtful than opponents. I think that there should be an option to not hear spectators.

Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
Hero
Nov 14, 2010
what about click on them and click ignore

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
critical blizzard on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
what about click on them and click ignore
I have ignored countless spectators over my PvP career. As the years progress my tolerance for bad behavior dwindles and I use the ignore button liberally. In fact these days, if I hear the word "Noob" or "Spammer" come out of a spectator's mouth, it's instant ignore button. I don't say anything to them or respond to their inappropriate comments. I just ignore them and they are gone from my life forever. Luckily there doesn't seem to a limit to how many people you have on ignore.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Lucas Rain on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
Thanks, but that's not what I mean.

I don't like the option where you have to choose to seal yourself off inside a bubble in order to be protected from bullying and mean kids. I'd rather people had a structure that encouraged them to be nice.
Professor Greyrose has given you information to turn off PvP Chat. The only other options are to just turn off Chat bubbles altogether and that prevents you from seeing any chat except in the chat box.

If the Terms of Use are not enough to encourage players to be nice or at least respectful, then nothing else will.

And as others have said, you can also put them on ignore.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
Professor Greyrose has given you information to turn off PvP Chat. The only other options are to just turn off Chat bubbles altogether and that prevents you from seeing any chat except in the chat box.

If the Terms of Use are not enough to encourage players to be nice or at least respectful, then nothing else will.

And as others have said, you can also put them on ignore.
Yes, I am aware of that.

I am just treating this as an "Idea" forum rather than a "Features the Game Already Has" forum. Prof. Greyrose has rightly pointed out one solution, but she never said that was the only possible one. Hence, we discuss other options here.