Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell to change who goes first in duels

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
If there were a spell that would change which side goes first each round, I think the game would be more interesting. All you'd have to do is cast it, and from that point on the other side starts the round.

We really need this. In PVP especially, sometimes it's really not possible to win unless you have a miracle, and it's just because you're going second each round. Some people have become really bad sports about it. That's not really fair or fun to deal with, but making a new spell would change all that.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Ever had this happen in PVP?

Balance lvl 35 vs Storm lvl 35
goes first .......... goes second
1: shield .......... bolt
2: shield .......... blade
3: blade .......... bolt
4: shield .......... blade
5: hex/feint .......... bolt
6: infallible .......... almost doesn't matter what you do
7: judgment .......... *dies*

AT ANY POINT, having a spell that changes who goes first could shift the outcome of this battle. Please think about it.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
WOW really great idea.Could really help wizard101 fun.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
Lucas Rain on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
If there were a spell that would change which side goes first each round, I think the game would be more interesting. All you'd have to do is cast it, and from that point on the other side starts the round.

We really need this. In PVP especially, sometimes it's really not possible to win unless you have a miracle, and it's just because you're going second each round. Some people have become really bad sports about it. That's not really fair or fun to deal with, but making a new spell would change all that.
Who gets to cast the spell?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
death279wizard on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
Who gets to cast the spell?
I would prefer it if anyone could cast the spell, for 2 pips.

I think it should be included in the learnable Diego spells, next to stun block, cloak, and conviction.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Myth lvl 35 vs Death lvl 35
1: myth minion.......... shield
2: mythblade.......... deathblade (shield broken)
3: spirit blade.......... vampire on minion
4: myth bubble.......... weakness
5: wand.......... shield
6: shield.......... wand minion (minion dies)
7: weakness.......... weakness
8: wand.......... wand
9: infallible .......... doesn't matter what you do
10: orthrus.......... *dies*

This could have been different outcome if Death lvl 35 could change who started the round.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Storm lvl 45 vs. Life lvl 45
1: bolt .......... shield
2: wand .......... weakness
3: bolt .......... shield
4: wand .......... heal
5: bolt .......... shield
6: wand .......... heal
7: bolt .......... shield
8: bolt .......... heal
9: bolt ..........

...and so on and so on........

The player who goes first gets to spam without reprisal. A spell that changes who goes first changes this.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010

I agree, going second is a pain. But let's face it, sometimes YOU go first and sometimes YOU go second, so the other person can go first. But what I really hate is when I go second 6 times in a row.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
This would be a GREAT idea for wizards to be able to get this spell. As far as I know, certain cheating bosses, especially the last one in the Wysteria tournament, do have this kind of spell, but it would be nice if WE were able to use it.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
With the addition of Shadow magic, it is becoming more and more intolerable to go second in duels. (Come on, 50% pierce?)

Yes, I know there are ways you can survive, anticipate your opponent's moves, etc., but all of that discussion gets farther away from the point: we need a spell to change the order of who goes first and second. That puts the responsibility of winning back on us, the players, and not on some invisible system we can't control.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
I think this is a great idea. The spell would have to be available to every school and at any level so that anyone can use it in PvP. There should be a trained version of it for a training point and a treasure card version of it.
The spell should look like this
Accuracy: 100%
Pips: 0
The school that this spell belongs to could be argued but I don't think it really matters if it is available to everyone. Probably balance just because it is the neutral school. Or star, sun, moon or shadow.
This should be added to the list of spells that can be trained by Diago.

Even with this spell someone will still get to go first at the start of the battle. The extra pip given to the player that goes second will still be needed to even out this advantage.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
The problem is, if both of you have the spell and both of you cast it, who would go first? I think that this needs to be changed somehow... maybe have gear that makes you go first?

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
look this is not really a bad idea but personally I believe this to be an unneeded spell. make it a TC and watch how players find a way to break the card play as well as all the boards being lit up with post on cheaters and the need to ban this card and even more post on TC that should be banned.

if you are really worried about OP players who gets to go first or second in pvp then join the other players posts in agreeing to remove TC, shadow pips, critical and critical block as well as limiting attack %, resist % and accuracy % to no higher then 50%.

if you did that then needing a new spell, like what you suggest, wouldn't be needed and going fist or second wouldn't matter cause you wouldn't have to worry about dying on the 1, 2 or 3rd turn. also this spell is not really needed for the non pvp area cause it would takes the fun out of battling a tough foe or opponent while working on quests. I would rather was my training point on a new school spell that is for attacking, blading or trapping anyways.

Survivor
May 14, 2012
Oh I know, It should be whoever uses more pips and it should be X pips like tempest or threat reduce.... etc etc.

Joseph Nightstone, level 33

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
This is the suggestion forum, so feel free to use your imagination.

Here are some things developers could do, in theory:

• could make this spell a tc only with no level cap, so all could use it, not just any one school
  • could make this spell cost a lot of pips, so no one could just change who goes first then use a giant attack; for example, it could cost at least 4 pips to cast, as well as being X rank, to prevent "first turn" wars
  • could make this spell last only a couple of rounds, rather than indefinitely
  • could make this spell cost all hanging effects (self-shatter, self-enfeeble)

Personally, I don't think we can overlook a long-overdue update to the turn system. If people figure out exploits, people will complain, and it will get fixed. KI is pretty responsive like that.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Lucas Rain on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
I would prefer it if anyone could cast the spell, for 2 pips.

I think it should be included in the learnable Diego spells, next to stun block, cloak, and conviction.
if Diego teaches it it should be for a higher lvl or rank

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
skull98oo on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
if Diego teaches it it should be for a higher lvl or rank
I still think it should be available to all. Some of the biggest first-turn exploits come from low level wizards with high rank, using spells like Judgment, Heckhound, and Basilisk.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
well it wouldn't be that great because both sides would keep casting the spell

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
critical blizzard on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
well it wouldn't be that great because both sides would keep casting the spell
Both sides keep casting bubbles. This really isn't any different, it's just another way to gain an advantage in the duel. And if the pip cost is appropriate--I suggest 2 pips--then one side eventually has to let control go to the other side.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Lucas Rain on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
Storm lvl 45 vs. Life lvl 45
1: bolt .......... shield
2: wand .......... weakness
3: bolt .......... shield
4: wand .......... heal
5: bolt .......... shield
6: wand .......... heal
7: bolt .......... shield
8: bolt .......... heal
9: bolt ..........

...and so on and so on........

The player who goes first gets to spam without reprisal. A spell that changes who goes first changes this.
your right it can change it

45 vs 45
goes first/goes second
1:bolt/changes who goes first
2: shield/changes who goes first
3: wand/changes who goes first
4: weakness/changes who goes first
5:bolt/changes who goes first
6shield/changes who goes first
7:wand/changes who goes first
8:heal changes who goes first
9: bolt changes who goes first
10: shield changes who goes first
11: wand/changes who goes first
12: heal/changes who goes first
13: bolt/changes who goes first
14:shield/changes who goes first
15:bolt/changes who goes first
16: heal/changes who goes first
17:bolt/...........................

see it makes a big change makes it much longer

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
If it's a trainable spell like I'm suggesting, you would not be able to cast it that often. Your deck would limit you to 4-6 if you use a Level 45 deck. Additionally, if it's a 2-pip spell (no power pipping) like I am suggesting, you couldn't cast it every turn even if you had the cards in hand.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Lucas Rain on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
If it's a trainable spell like I'm suggesting, you would not be able to cast it that often. Your deck would limit you to 4-6 if you use a Level 45 deck. Additionally, if it's a 2-pip spell (no power pipping) like I am suggesting, you couldn't cast it every turn even if you had the cards in hand.
so what school would it be (even the trainable spell reshuffle is balance) most people would probably get mastery amulets for whatever school however anyway post what school it is and i will post my edit

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Lucas Rain on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
you still need to cut storm some slack if the life had gone first could shield weakness attack shield shield heal shield weakness attack shield shield heal and never die no matter what

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
We better get a bigger spell deck for when all this other stuff is added and messes the game up even more lol

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010

I have a better answer for this.

give player 1 on each team a choice in a rock, paper, sissors game. The win from that mini game goes first. no new spell needed.