Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions in PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Why are minions allowed in pvp,it's like 1v1 battle and then boom 2v1 battle it's not right that minions are allowed. Some schools don't even get a minion till there a really high level.

Explorer
Apr 14, 2013
ladyeeyore31 on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Why are minions allowed in pvp,it's like 1v1 battle and then boom 2v1 battle it's not right that minions are allowed. Some schools don't even get a minion till there a really high level.
I think it's completely fair. I always get paired up with a higher wizard, and then I bring my minion in. I don't think it should ever be taken away.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Minions are not actual players. They can ruin your strategy if they use the wrong spells. They have low health, no resist, no damage boost, and no power pip chance. All schools get minions by level 30. Every school gets a minion. It's your choice whether to use it or not to improve your strategy.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Minions used to bother me--especially in 1v1 vs fire. I complained "There is no such thing as 1v1 against fire."

Then I figured out bring low pip minion killers to 1v1. Problem solved. My Balance uses Scorpions for minions in 1v1. Actually, in 1v1 I mainly use scorpions period.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Minions can be good because it poses the question to your opponent, "Are you going to use your stacked blades to kill my minion, ignore my minion, or kill him with an off school spell?" The reason minions sometimes make wizards so mad is because their whole plan is to stack blades and traps for the Shatter spell - One Hit Kill, and they have no plan on how to deal with minions.

Also, some minions can be very helpful, like a fire wizard casting a triple bladed heckhound while his minion follows with a fire elf, to prevent the use of triage.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Aaron SpellThief on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Minions are not actual players. They can ruin your strategy if they use the wrong spells. They have low health, no resist, no damage boost, and no power pip chance. All schools get minions by level 30. Every school gets a minion. It's your choice whether to use it or not to improve your strategy.
I agree with you, but I'd like to point out that Talos has resist and boost. And he is at level 55 (they get minions before anyways)

Just an observation,
Wolf Mythhammer

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
ladyeeyore31 on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Minions in pvp are totally fair as they cost pips and are very easy to kill.