Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
I was wondering how to make sure you get the other persons pet when you hatch with someone but ive heard that you need a certain amout of gold and i also heard that it is random. Every time I hatch I always get my own pet.

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
it isn't dependant on how much gold you have. as 13 thousand people before me have said on other posts, the hatching process is completely random and there isn't really a process of getting exactly what you want, besides lots of gold, pet snacks, and patience. i once hatched a giraffe with the same storm elf and got my giraffe back SEVEN TIMES! that wasn't fun but i finally got one with double heal and double resist.
if you are wanting the other persons pet your just gonna have to keep trying because the system is unreliable and random so you could get any talents and either pet

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Hi there!

Yes you are correct that you need the right amount of gold. The amount of gold that one spends on a hatch depends on what pets they are hatching (crowns pets would cost more than the firecat pet that you can buy for gold).

Yes you are correct again, it is random. The ratio of the randomness I'm not sure of though. Personally in every four or five hatches I do with another person, only one is the other persons pet. Also, I've only gotten a hybrid once in my entire hatching experience lol.

There really is no sure way to get the other persons pet. I'm not sure what pet you're trying to get but what I try is hatching a pet that would be considered more valuable than the pet I want (like a crowns pet or something) because I have a theory that the more valuable the pet, the less of a chance that it will hatch as that pet again (that's only a theory though!).

I hope that helped!
-Vanessa

Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
Its actually random. But you can find out a lot more on hatching guides.