Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice school weakest and unfair schools?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
It does not seem fair for me i am a ice wizard and the spells are the weakest of them all and have the same pips as all of the others and ice school does not get to much good stuff while the other schools get epic stuff. For Example: Meteors do more damage then blizzard. Dragon Does more then frost lord. And ice school does not barely get good pets. A Colossus? Its so easy to get a hybrid of it. Ice wyvern is not to bad but a mammoth? seriously they need to make all the schools fair. It makes no sense i mean seriously. They made storm best they only made it a 70 chance of Not fizzling but that does not make up for the other Schools. My Point is That ice school does not do to much damage does not get good pets,Armor,Gear, Ect. I Wish ice just got stronger spells because blizzard and frost lord do less damage then most of other spells like that. And Also life really just gets Healing spells. they need more attack spells death and storm need to make up for that. Death attacks and heals in almost all the attacks. Storm does the most damage and they dont really make up for it. it just seems unfair.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
KrakenLordKraken on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
It does not seem fair for me i am a ice wizard and the spells are the weakest of them all and have the same pips as all of the others and ice school does not get to much good stuff while the other schools get epic stuff. For Example: Meteors do more damage then blizzard. Dragon Does more then frost lord. And ice school does not barely get good pets. A Colossus? Its so easy to get a hybrid of it. Ice wyvern is not to bad but a mammoth? seriously they need to make all the schools fair. It makes no sense i mean seriously. They made storm best they only made it a 70 chance of Not fizzling but that does not make up for the other Schools. My Point is That ice school does not do to much damage does not get good pets,Armor,Gear, Ect. I Wish ice just got stronger spells because blizzard and frost lord do less damage then most of other spells like that. And Also life really just gets Healing spells. they need more attack spells death and storm need to make up for that. Death attacks and heals in almost all the attacks. Storm does the most damage and they dont really make up for it. it just seems unfair.
Don't fret young wizard Ice can be a force to be reckoned with. Each school has it's pros and cons, its up to you to find out how to make Ice the best it can be.

Ice is more geared toward, slow but sure wins the race maybe but as you get past lvl 50 and have access to the Sun spells and then better gear, you will find you can up your damage more.

We don't want the lines of difference to be erased between the schools it would make choosing a school quite boring wouldn't it.

I suggest you look into how you can make that Ice wizard powerful though selective out of school spells, gear and maybe a nice pet. I start with the tri blades from Niles.

Keep in mind not every school works for every ones play style that is why the schools are different.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ice is NOT weak.

Ice is meant to last a long time in battle; your health is higher than any other school.
Storm fizzles the most, has the least health which is why they have the 'bonus' of spells that do higher damage.

You need to learn how to play each school. Each one is different.
And yes, Ice DOES get good pets, gear, etc. Again, learn the school.

As for 'fair' - ALL schools have pluses and minuses, good and bad points. All schools balance out and are fair.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
Ice School is NOT the Weakest School. Ice has the Highest Health, and if you look around, a lot of PVP Warlords are Ice.
I see that you are basing this Ice Statement off of Attacks of Storm and Fire Schools. Storm has really low health, Fire takes a while to damage. Ice gets Stuns, so while you do have some damage, that may not be the highest, you can immobilize an enemy and make up for the lower damages.
Every school has a weakness.

While Life, Ice, and Balance, May not damage the most, they are a HUGE help in Team Combat and soloing.
Death is meant to sap health, but its Attacks aren't that strong.
Storm may rarely fizzle, but can be knocked out easily due to low health.
Fire takes a while to damage.

Level 50 Base Health for all Schools -
Fire - 1500
Ice - 2025
Storm - 1200
Myth - 1500
Life - 1800
Death - 1650
Balance - 1800

Chin up! You'll need that health! (Especially in DragonSpyre.)

Abigail
Rubyspear 52
Duskspear20
'The Order of the Rats'

Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
Oh ok. Thx Sorry i did not know that even though i am level 53. I did realize that ice gets the most health.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
Ice is an awesome school. they get tones of health good resist and boost and all you have to do is stack some blades and traps and you can utterly own the other schools. it just takes strategy trust me i am a lvl 48 ice right now with 3138 health thats a lot at that lvl compared to all the other schools. My health now is close to a lvl 90 storms health

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
You can use training points to learn another school thats what their for so you don't just play with one school.
I am and its working for me so just get another school like so that if your fighting an ice person/enemy you can boost the attack or to just have stronger attacks

Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
Thx But i have storm as my side school

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
The schools are pretty fair, actually.

Storm-They have almost NO defenses. The only defenses they have is the Thermic Shield, an ice and fire shield in one spell. They also get a minion that taunts enemies and then heals and shields itself instead of doing anything to you(Okay, so it does heal and put shields on you once in a while, but it's rare), and what use is that in a PVP? And some bosses don't pay attention to the taunts. Almost all other school minions help attack. My storm wizard also has 1,446 health at a level 41...and that's with all the highest health gear on! So it makes sense to give them strong attacks
Ice- Yes, their attacks are slightly lower then the other schools, but they get ice shield, which helps absorb health. They also get lots of defenses AND their minion helps attack. They also get frost bite, which is just as powerful as fire elf, and they do the same thing. And they have the highest health
Fire- Fire spells have a higher chance of fizzling then the other schools and their spells sometimes take a while to work. But their spells linger and can attack enemies over and over.
Life- Strong defenses, weak attacks. In my opinion, Storm and Life balance each other out. But the good thing is that you can heal yourself and others! Do you know how many times I've had my friends die and felt bad for not healing them?
Myth-Strong attacks and some pretty cool minions, but their defenses are as low as Storm's. The only defense for me is Ether shield, life and Death shields.
Death- They use other's health to heal themselves, but their attacks aren't as strong
Balance- They have strong defenses and somewhat weaker attacks, but the number of attacking spells and the number of defense spells are the same.

If all the schools had the same ups and downs, it wouldn't be as fun. Use your strengths to your advantage and use your secondary school to strengthen your weaknesses in battling.

-Kymma Greenflame, lvl. 49
-Nora Moondreamer, lvl. 41

Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
ok it makes a lot of sense now thanks Cookiemonster

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
Cookiemonster41104... on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:

Storm-They have almost NO defenses. The only defenses they have is the Thermic Shield, an ice and fire shield in one spell. They also get a minion that taunts enemies and then heals and shields itself instead of doing anything to you(Okay, so it does heal and put shields on you once in a while, but it's rare), and what use is that in a PVP? And some bosses don't pay attention to the taunts. Almost all other school minions help attack. My storm wizard also has 1,446 health at a level 41...and that's with all the highest health gear on! So it makes sense to give them strong attacks
Ice- Yes, their attacks are slightly lower then the other schools, but they get ice shield, which helps absorb health. They also get lots of defenses AND their minion helps attack. They also get frost bite, which is just as powerful as fire elf, and they do the same thing. And they have the highest health
Fire- Fire spells have a higher chance of fizzling then the other schools and their spells sometimes take a while to work. But their spells linger and can attack enemies over and over.
Life- Strong defenses, weak attacks. In my opinion, Storm and Life balance each other out. But the good thing is that you can heal yourself and others! Do you know how many times I've had my friends die and felt bad for not healing them?
Myth-Strong attacks and some pretty cool minions, but their defenses are as low as Storm's. The only defense for me is Ether shield, life and Death shields.
Death- They use other's health to heal themselves, but their attacks aren't as strong
Balance- They have strong defenses and somewhat weaker attacks, but the number of attacking spells and the number of defense spells are the same.

If all the schools had the same ups and downs, it wouldn't be as fun. Use your strengths to your advantage and use your secondary school to strengthen your weaknesses in battling.

Frostbite is a rank 5 spell wile fire elf is a rank 2 spell plus frostbite does twice the amount of damage as fire elf.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Cookiemonster41104... on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:

You only had one mistake; storm has the most fizzle rate but fire is second.

And ice is weak? Have you seen lvl 90 ice people in pvp? UNBEATABLE! And, they have great health, defense, etc. And with their new gear, it is unfair to the OTHER schools. I'm not complaing, just saying that the new ice gear has to be less .... unbeatable.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
The solution is simple. You are not happy being an ice wizard, delete it and start another wizard in the school of your choice. Complaining about it is not going to fix your "views" of being an ice wizard. As for the pets, you get what you hatch with. Too many times pets are brought into the equation. Mixing two random "adult" pets, training that hatching to "adult" and no farther, you will NEVER get an awesome pet that way.

On the other hand, learn to use your blades, traps, and other enchantments to better your attacks. A well thought out plan to boost an ice attack will surely put a hurting on a storm. You just have to play your cards right. Just remember - I am counting on you to at least try, so I am planning a counter offensive!!!!

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
I disagree that Ice is weak. I met an Ice Wizard today while fighting Cronus. Critical, elemental blade, fire blade, potent-trap cheat? She took 0 damage. She was IMMUNE to fire! And her attacks? The enemies blocked her critical but with a full set of blades, she dealt one thousand-per-turn snow angel. I seriously doubt that is weak

Survivor
Nov 19, 2012
Well it is true that all schools have there pros and cons or +'s and -'s. like I only have one good some what high level wizard witch is storm so I do not have much expirence with other classes types or wizards but before I lost my old account due to forgetting the password I had a level 22 ice wizard and I did notice the attacks did seem to do a bit less damage then other class wizards but did have to advantage of spells like tower shield witch even level like 90 storm fire and other stronger seeming class wizards still use today. What I loved about Ice was the defense was unbreakeable to the attacker opbut when time comes to attacks you better blade up is all I thought but After doing ice for a bit and noticeing less attack damage I wanted something to kill faster so I wouldn't spend up to 15 mins on a boss with less then 800 health when with some what stronger seeming class / wizards always had the advantage of faster and easier kills so after loosening the ice wizard I wanted to try storm because most reviews said storm is the strongest in attacks but less defense I thought it sounded a bit better then not the best attack and just defense but stronger felling wizards do have to terrible disadvantage of much higher fizzle rate witch did get me down but if you want something itch higher attak rate and faster kills then I suggest Or they seem to be on the stronger end but I don't see how it is quote "un fair" when kI designed each class of wizard to be techniqly equal some with more damage but higher fizzle and no defense and some with higher defense And less fizzle but weaker attacks due to strong defense so i wouldn't say it's unfair in the first place it was your choice to be ice not ours not to be rude but just makeing a point ~ scarlet stormblossem lvl 36 hamastue village x mooshu

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Ice is really strong. They have high blade and trap value and I have seen mammoths do 40,000+ damage with few blades and raps. And if the damage doesn't work for you, but feint tc's.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2008
Ice has strong gear to make up for the attacks. Storm has least health to make up for its strong attacks.

Survivor
May 29, 2013
is not weak, Am a level 28 Ice wizard and i noticed i feel weak at first then it's like after Kroptopia Your like so Overpowered, That not even a Could beat you right away, It likes this.

Ice: Health++ Attack-- Buffs from traps and blades +

It's like that, I hope this helps!

Andrew, Level 28 Wizard

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Oh my, Courtney would offended if she were to hear about this. Ice is a simply amazing school, you just have to look at it in a certain way. In fact not just Ice, but every school is outstanding. Either way, each school will always have its major weakness and major strength. No school is alike! Each is different and not to mention quite special.

If you aren't convinced, here's a few well-known advantages that students have.
  • Ice has the highest Health Base stat out of ALL schools. They are usually the ones to last the longest in any fight even without shields. A storm wizard may be powerful, but against foes with much health they are likely to be the first to faint.
  • Ice is the ONLY school that teaches spells that helps defend against ANY attack, which include the Tower Shield spell, Ice Armor, and Frozen Armor. (Note: Spirit Armor does NOT defend against steals! Ice gets the honor of an all-defending spell.)
  • An Ice wizard's clothing will very commonly have a high resisting boost and/or Critical Block. Most schools will have a very mediocre resist/block at best, including Life wizards, Death wizards, and even Balance wizards.
  • Ice was never meant to be an offensive school. In fact this is their major weakness: They have very low strength compared to all other schools. But wait! The School of Ice's true strength lies within their defense. In fact many wizards wouldn't be where they are if it weren't for just a few Tower Shields spells! Even if it may seem like Ice is "weak," in truth, they are amazingly powerful.

All I'm trying to say is that is an outstanding, powerful, and very useful school! Those who say otherwise should rethink their words, because will forever stand tall. I'm not just being bias, it's a fact. Even if I hadn't made my Ice wizard I would envy the advantages of Ice. In fact I envy the advantages of every school! Thanks for reading my odd little story.
~ Courtney I. Transcendent

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
i think they made ice fine because ice gets a lot of resist they have so much heath plus when ice gets to like lvl 90 ice can be op when it comes to pvp. but when you blade and trap ice can be op at a lvl 45

alexiswinterthief 86

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
Although i only have a & , i can tell you for sure that Ice is not a weak school and i have met several people who even think it is overpowered. Like some people have said before, every school has it's pros and cons. Kingsisle has been meticulously careful in making sure that each school has equal opportunity to be awesome.

In the game developer world this is called RPG Capitalism. Similar to real life capitalism, the idea is that each school has the opportunity to be better then all other schools, and it depends solely on the player itself to make it so. It takes skill and strategy to master each school, some more then others. Storm, in my opinion, is exceptionally difficult to master because of your low health and defenses. You simply have to be smart about it, and if you are, it can be amazing.

I've faced ice wizards in PVP that were absolute failures and some that were extremely difficult to defeat. All the schools are basically equal in awesomeness.

Alexander Rainbowfountain