Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Plants to Harvest Pet Snacks

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 19, 2009
Hey I was wondering what some of the best plants are that drop rank 8 or 9 pet snacks. Your help is much appreciated!

Samantha Hawkrider

Historian
May 06, 2009
littlesparrow101 on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
Hey I was wondering what some of the best plants are that drop rank 8 or 9 pet snacks. Your help is much appreciated!

Samantha Hawkrider
You would really enjoy using the Deadly Helephant Ears! I grow them all the time. They grow very fast (only taking about a week to become elder), and at elder, will always give a Mega Pet Snack. Not only that, but they do respawn themselves, so as long as you don't feed them to your pet, you'll never have to buy a large amount!
Typical Mega Snacks are as follows:
Baby Carrots
Crab Apple
Sun Fruit
Green Tomatoes
Cubby Broccoli
Yellow Corn
Flowering Pineapple
Dragonhorned Melon

In the Crown Shop, you can buy one for 750 Crowns. Don't have the crowns? Not a problem! Many mobs and bosses around Avalon (if you're at that level), drop them!

Mobs: Death Seraphs, Foul Skirkers, Spiny Spriggan, Dragon Spawn, Horned Brocket, Stag Charger, Spriggan, Grim Seraph, Deep Dark Goblin, Trendkill Pantera, Strangler Goblin etc.

Bosses: Moros Blunt, Ginther, Battling Jackie, Morag Bloodtine, Sir Malory, etc.
*Pink Huckleberries also have a chance at granting this seed at elder!

Deadly Helephant Ears do require a medium soil plot and are not fond of Stink Weed. Needs Sun light, Magic, and Music. They do like Tropical Garden Gnomes, Honey Sickle, Brick-Walled Ponds, Painted Chameleon Statues, Pixies and the Red Barn Farm (of course), if you want them to grow even faster!

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
The evil magma peas and couch potatoes produce mega snacks at elder. I know couch potatoes are dropped by basically any creature in grizzleheim, even the ones walking in the forest in stavastaad past! But they are pretty rare . Good luck l

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
if you are willing to spend crowns, Evil Magma Peas are the best. They are easy to grow and give rank 9 snacks quickly, also rare reagents. You can buy or farm in game for Couch Potatoes which also give some rank 9 as well as good lower rank snacks. Prickly Bear Cactus are easy to get in game since you can buy them. They give mostly lower rank snacks, but sometimes drop rank 8s. Some other plants are harder to get or harder to grow but give good snacks too, like most kinds of Grapes of Wrath, Deadly Helephant Ears, and various Breadfruit plants.