Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prisms and Global spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
Okay, this has been bugging me for a while and there are no answers anywhere on the internet. If I am fire, for example, I use fire prism to attack fire monsters. So, after i cast the prism, which global spell should I use to boost the power of my next fire attack? Wildfyre or Balefrost? Is it wyldfire, since I will be casting a fire spell? Or is it balefrost, since the damage will be converted to ice? I kinda think it's balefrost, because an amulet i recently got gave me fire prism and balefrost item cards, but I'm still not 100% sure. What do you think?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
DeffendersOfTheSpi... on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
Okay, this has been bugging me for a while and there are no answers anywhere on the internet. If I am fire, for example, I use fire prism to attack fire monsters. So, after i cast the prism, which global spell should I use to boost the power of my next fire attack? Wildfyre or Balefrost? Is it wyldfire, since I will be casting a fire spell? Or is it balefrost, since the damage will be converted to ice? I kinda think it's balefrost, because an amulet i recently got gave me fire prism and balefrost item cards, but I'm still not 100% sure. What do you think?
It would be wyldfire; but you do realize that that gives a boost to those you are battling too, yes? Use you blade and traps (traps AFTER casting prism). Much better choice.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
DeffendersOfTheSpi... on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
Wyldfire. You are casting a FIRE spell and it is not ice to start with. But as Raven said, it will also boost your enemies damage if they are fire as well. So all blades that boost fire will work, and traps will too if they are placed on enemy correctly.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
That's what I usually do. I was just curious. Thanks for the info though.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I am not an expert with this, but i think balefrost

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Wildfyre

Boosts are applied in (apparently) the following order:

Bubble, sun spells, star aura, crit, blades (in the order they were cast), traps (in opposite order of casting), crit block, target innate resist/vulnerability.

Not sure about where bubble, enchant, and star are in relation to each other, but they are clearly before blades.

So if you cast a fire spell into a fire prism under Balefrost, the spell won't get a boost because it ignores the ice bubble when it checks to see if there's a relevant bubble in place. This check apparently happens before blades (iceblade isn't used when you cast a fire spell under balefrost and have elemental blades on you) and before traps/prisms.

If you cast the same spell under Wildfyre, it will get a boost because it sees a relevant bubble when it checks. And the prism will give its usual additional boost against fire mobs.

If you use mutate elf (ice) then the spell is considered ice, before it even leaves your hand, and will check for Balefrost when it's cast. If you have a Balefrost active, then it will get a boost. If you have elemental blades, it will use the ice ones, etc. And it will ignore the fire prism because fire prism looks for incoming fire spells.