Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Organizing Quests by area

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
Hi there!

I just got to thinking about this a lot...only times the thoughts come up is when I'm frustratingly looking for quests in certain areas. It would be nice to have options in organizing our Quest Book such as by area or professors.

Just a thought

MariaCloud

*EDIT* --> Also, I think it would be an awesome idea to be able to have a "Compare" feature when shopping at the Bazaar or any other shopping area. I find myself having to write items down to compare with other items to see which ones I should buy. I think this would be awesome!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
There's soo many ways they could change it from the "show everything all the time". They could sort by:

1) Area
2) world
3) main vs Side
4) tasks

and even more than that.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
dayerider on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
There's soo many ways they could change it from the "show everything all the time". They could sort by:

1) Area
2) world
3) main vs Side
4) tasks

and even more than that.
Exactly! :) It would be much easier. Maybe color coordinate the quests, as well Like Side Quests could be Blue and the Main story line quests could remain Red.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello,

I have a suggestion. It is about your main book. I think it is called the interface book, I'm not sure.
My suggestion is this. You know when you open the book, on the right there are the 10 tabs.
They are the Character, Backpack, Pets, Deck,. etc...
When you are Questing and build up a few pages of Quests, Which I am sure a lot of members do, This can be a little confusion. My daughter has about 5 pages of quests. I know, that's a lot.
My suggestion is to have tabs on the left with all of your worlds labeled. This way when your are in 1 world, you have the choice to click the tab for that world and only the quests will show up for that world. On the top will be an all Worlds tab. And as you enter new worlds you create another tab.

I Believe this would go over very well for all the members? What do you think? Mark Dragonleaf.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
stormkraker on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Hello,

I have a suggestion. It is about your main book. I think it is called the interface book, I'm not sure.
My suggestion is this. You know when you open the book, on the right there are the 10 tabs.
They are the Character, Backpack, Pets, Deck,. etc...
When you are Questing and build up a few pages of Quests, Which I am sure a lot of members do, This can be a little confusion. My daughter has about 5 pages of quests. I know, that's a lot.
My suggestion is to have tabs on the left with all of your worlds labeled. This way when your are in 1 world, you have the choice to click the tab for that world and only the quests will show up for that world. On the top will be an all Worlds tab. And as you enter new worlds you create another tab.

I Believe this would go over very well for all the members? What do you think? Mark Dragonleaf.

I like this idea! And I agree! Having 3+ pages of quests can be frustrating at times; I would try to quickly skim over them since I don't want to analyze each and every one of them to find the one I am looking for.

Maybe they could also be organized by the amount of XP Like DayeRider said, there's many ways to organize the quests. Maybe we could have several options to appeal to all members?

I'm not sure how KI will feel about adding more tabs; maybe they'll think it'll become too bulky? I have no idea, but i really do like the idea of having the Worlds tab on the left :)

Survivor
May 08, 2009
KingsIsle need to make it easier to find the quests that you are like doing in marlybone from the quests that you are doing like in wizard city. They should have it that there are tabs within the quest tab in you like spell book, these tabs will be label by each world so like if you are in marlybone then all your quests that you have in that world will be under the marlybone tab in the quests tab in your spell book.

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
That sounds really handy. At the moment I have about 20 quests going because of all the Halloween ones, so sorting them into tabs would really help me out. Or maybe the quests should be kept in the same layout, just organized into alphabetical order by world?
Sierra Ashblood, Transcendent

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ignesDragon on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
KingsIsle need to make it easier to find the quests that you are like doing in marlybone from the quests that you are doing like in wizard city. They should have it that there are tabs within the quest tab in you like spell book, these tabs will be label by each world so like if you are in marlybone then all your quests that you have in that world will be under the marlybone tab in the quests tab in your spell book.
I agree and they should also be marked somehow if they are main storyline quests. A little book, a star, something.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Great idea, I literally have 14 pages of quests and it's hard to keep track of which is which. Sorting it out by world would save me the trouble of finding a particular quest.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2013
great idea! I have on more than couple of occasions 'lost track' of where and what I was doing; I am wondering how to know in which order to accomplish quests to better suit the level abilities of my characters; to avoid jumping into a quest far above my capabilities and have it sitting in the queue taking up space until I am able to work on it. Is there a master list of some sort I can consult?

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Yes!!! I agree completely. It definitely should be organized by world! Consider putting a marker in, that just follows that quest line and disappears when it's done, so if you're quest gets switched you know which one you were on. Maybe even the word "Main" or "Storyline" on those quests.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
My mom saids that there also should be that for the quests that you are not able to do at that second but is available to you like for those who do not have membership can also keep track like put the quests that you are able to do at the top of the list and the ones you can't do at the bottom.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
I this line of thinking. I had been thinking the same for a while now, placing a star on the story line quests would be very nice. Or, there could be a function that allows our questing arrows to be directed back to the story line questwith a single key press.