Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trojan Horse Pet - Pedigree and Spell?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
I recently have hatched my new Trojan Horse Pet. This pet has a 66 Pedigree and several Ultra-Rare and an Epic Ability. It also, gives Gnomes! at Baby. Does anyone else think this pet is a little overpowered? I mean I bought both the Safari Bundle (Forgot the actual name) and the Hawk Rider. Both of their Pets don't give something like Ice Colossus or Ra at their Baby Stages.
I'm just a bit concerned when I build up enough Pips on my Level 11 Fire with her Trojan Horse to cast a Gnomes! At Level 11.

Abigail Rubyspear 54
Abigail Duskspear 11

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
SpearWizardsOn101 on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
I recently have hatched my new Trojan Horse Pet. This pet has a 66 Pedigree and several Ultra-Rare and an Epic Ability. It also, gives Gnomes! at Baby. Does anyone else think this pet is a little overpowered? I mean I bought both the Safari Bundle (Forgot the actual name) and the Hawk Rider. Both of their Pets don't give something like Ice Colossus or Ra at their Baby Stages.
I'm just a bit concerned when I build up enough Pips on my Level 11 Fire with her Trojan Horse to cast a Gnomes! At Level 11.

Abigail Rubyspear 54
Abigail Duskspear 11
I think this is really cool and op, it's great that you can use this to your advantage on abigail duskspear. The name kinda freaks me out though, my life wizards name is Abigail NightSpear .

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

Abigail Rubyspear 54
Abigail Duskspear 11
It is possible that at lvl 11 and being Fire you will not get the pips to be able to cast this spell. Waiting for these pips with a fire wizard may also be rough since the monsters you battle aren't going to wait.

If you did cast it - damage, unless there was life damage in your gear would be quite low.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Northlite on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
It is possible that at lvl 11 and being Fire you will not get the pips to be able to cast this spell. Waiting for these pips with a fire wizard may also be rough since the monsters you battle aren't going to wait.

If you did cast it - damage, unless there was life damage in your gear would be quite low.
The one from the pet has reduced damage and costs 7 pips, not 9.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
A lot of the Epic abilities on this sort of pet are cards added to deck, so they aren't as reliable as a static epic (proof) or a may-cast (unicorn).

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011

Abigail Rubyspear 54
Abigail Duskspear 11
OP is in the eye of the beholder. Just because there are several ultra rare and epic abilities, it doesn't mean they are great talents. Also, if your pet has a high pedigree, it doesn't mean it's a great pet.

There are many talents that are undesirable from Common to Epic. There are also excellent talents like Fairy, Spritely and Defy that are not ultra rare or epic.

Each pet has it's own talents. Some of which are exclusive to that particular first generation pet. No two pets are the same, and that especially goes for anything that's been hatched with another.

If I get a new pet (like the Trojan Horse), I make sure it's assigned to the right wizard. Fire to fire, ice to ice, etc. If I want to hatch my Death pet, I will choose another Death pet to hatch with, so that any Death talents stay within the correct school oriented pet.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
In some aspects, this pet is a tiny bit op. But if you were fighting a boss or powerful minion without a life mastery it would still take much too long to build those pips up. As for the pedigree, I highly doubt it starts off with that pedigree, and obtained a large pedigree from frequent hatching But the pet is still REALLY neat :D

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
I have it and well night hawk is cool because it can learn sprite. Plus for looks, it's not a real pet, in reality a wooden one.