Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blood Raven Chances

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Does anyone know how likely you are to get a Blood Raven from the Raven's Hoard pack? I want to get some crown soon, but I don't know what to buy. I like the Blood Raven, and I really want to carry somebody on it's talons . If you know the percentage or fraction, please send it. Thanks!

-Nathaniel Redflame level 46elf. =P

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Little Dragon Spar... on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
Does anyone know how likely you are to get a Blood Raven from the Raven's Hoard pack? I want to get some crown soon, but I don't know what to buy. I like the Blood Raven, and I really want to carry somebody on it's talons . If you know the percentage or fraction, please send it. Thanks!

It's all random. there are no percentages, but know that the mounts are ultra-rare.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Per Ki explanation of drops in the card packs, every single pack has 1 in a 100 chance of dropping the mount. It does not matter how many packs you buy, the odds are 1/100 for every single pack.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2010
I have gotten The Blood Raven once but I have no clue what the percentage is. My trick is to wait until I see lots of the mount I want; then I go buy one and usually/ maybe I get it. It has been working for me though I have only used it twice. I hope that helps a bit.

Jordan IceFlame level 47 (so close to 48)

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I believe because it is a hoard pack, for EVERYTHING is extremely rare because the chances are random.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
The chances of receiving that item is ultra rare.

There are no percentages. Even though the Blood Raven is 1 of 167 possible items, it doesn't account for the total chances of receiving it.

Below is the results of the last person asking for the chances of receiving one:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/ravens-hoard-pack-45450

Survivor
Sep 24, 2011
you have a good shot at the blood raven... its actually a 75% chance that you get it but its also a 60% chance you wont...

I got the card pack when it was on sale
and I got the blood raven

StephenRubyWielder
Level 24Wizard

I hope my help has been useful

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Little Dragon Spar... on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:

since mounts are ultra-rare/epic, your chances of getting one are around 2-5%; your odds also reset every times you buy a pack, so if (for example), your odds of getting one were 1/100, it does not mean that you will get one if you buy 100 packs.

i tried to get one of these for ages, eventually giving up because luck just wasn't on my side. lol.

-v.
90 and

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
i got the phoenix hoard pet on my first try and the weapon. so sometimes you can get really lucky and get it on first try. but not allot. and the two person mounts are harder to get.

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Thanks for all your tips! I went to wizard101 central, and used a calculator, and the chance of getting a the blood raven or the raven is 9.459459457, meaning the chance of getting a mount from it is the same thing multiplied by two (18.91891891). The next time they have a sale on packs, I'm sure to by them. On the test realm I spent about 6,500 crowns until I got one, so if it's on sale for say 50% off; then chances are I might have to spend only 3,250. Well, of course, that's if I used the calculator correctly, counted the items correctly, and did the right dividing and turning the numbers into percentages. But oh well. I'll still get items from it when I buy them, and LOTS of pets (there are like 7 pets - the test realm gave me like 2 of each pet). You were all very helpful!

-Nathaniel Redflame level 46

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
The chance is completely random- my sis got skyvern first try, I tried ten times and never got it. Unfortunately she go it on test.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
I do not know what the chances are but it is a very small chance.I really want a hydra mount I have been trying to get it for two months

Jessica Winterflower lvl 46