Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When do you ever go to Nightside??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2013
I am on lvl 11 and about to be on lvl 12 and I still have not been able to go to Nightside yet! I know the entrance is behind the waterfall in the Commons and W101.com says its free but I can't get in cause its locked!! When do I get in?!

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
your getting close if your death its like lvl 15 if your another school i think its around lvl 20 maybe.

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

Delver
May 04, 2009
balancegirl831 on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
I am on lvl 11 and about to be on lvl 12 and I still have not been able to go to Nightside yet! I know the entrance is behind the waterfall in the Commons and W101.com says its free but I can't get in cause its locked!! When do I get in?!
You get a quest from Merle Ambrose that will send you to that area. It is #3 listed here. You get these three quests after completing the main quests in Triton Avenue, Cyclops Lane, and Firecat Alley:

1. A Look of Horror
-Locate Foulgaze
-Defeat Foulgaze
-Talk back to Merle Ambrose

2. The Dark of Nightshade
-Locate Stormdrain tower
-Defeat Nightshade

3. The Sixth School
-Explore Rainbow Bridge Waterfall
-Explore Death school
-Talk to Dworgyn

Also, when you get quest #3, and you go into that area, you will see Marla Stinger, who will give you the quest to do The Sunken City (to fight Grubb).

Hope this helps.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
jack skullbreeze on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
your getting close if your death its like lvl 15 if your another school i think its around lvl 20 maybe.

Wrong.

When you do the main quest lines of firecat alley, trition avenue, and cyclops lane, you get a quest from Ambrose who sends you to defeat foulgaze who then gives you the key to lord nightshade's tower who THEN allows you in to nightside.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
You have to first complete all three streets (triton avenue, Cyclops lane, and fire cat alley) then head master ambrose will give you the quest Look of Horror then you have to defeat 2 bosses (foul gaze and Lord Nightshade then you will find a skeleton shaped key and a book then you use the key to get into night side no certain level is needed to enter.

-Tarlac Owldreamer Level 30 Pyromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
jack skullbreeze on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:

no it's not. at all.
It's EARNED by completing quests in wizard city.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nightside is EARNED by completing all main storyline quests, the final one in particular, in beating Lord Nightshade. You get that quest from and return to Merle Ambrose. You level doesn't matter...you progress in the game does.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2013
Thanks guys! This really helped a lot. I am actually on the Lord Nightshade quest right now... any pointers? I have tried defeating him about five times but I get defeated.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2013
jdogg3z on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
You get a quest from Merle Ambrose that will send you to that area. It is #3 listed here. You get these three quests after completing the main quests in Triton Avenue, Cyclops Lane, and Firecat Alley:

1. A Look of Horror
-Locate Foulgaze
-Defeat Foulgaze

2. The Dark of Nightshade
-Locate Stormdrain tower
-Defeat Nightshade

3. The Sixth School
-Explore Rainbow Bridge Waterfall
-Explore Death school
-Talk to Dworgyn

Also, when you get quest #3, and you go into that area, you will see Marla Stinger, who will give you the quest to do The Sunken City (to fight Grubb).

Hope this helps.
This gave me a lot of help. I am on the second quest now, (Lord Nightshade) and he's so hard to defeat!!

I am really excited to defeat him though because I heard that he gives awesome drops! I am hoping to get a rare pet from him!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
balancegirl831 on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
Thanks guys! This really helped a lot. I am actually on the Lord Nightshade quest right now... any pointers? I have tried defeating him about five times but I get defeated.
What school are you? Eh anyways, take out the minion, if you have shields to death, use them, heal when needed, then try to attack the boss when health isn't low.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2013
Thanks for the battle tips...BTW my Message Board username kind of gives away what school I'm in. Duh.

- Kaitlyn Dawnsong
level 12

Survivor
Jun 27, 2013
It's At Lvl 15 Then You Got To Get This Key To Enter, I Forgot Where The Key Is At.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Taylor Emerald on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
It's At Lvl 15 Then You Got To Get This Key To Enter, I Forgot Where The Key Is At.
That's not exactly right. Level doesn't matter. You need to follow the storyline, and eventually you will be sent there.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
I read some of the replies on the topic and i completed all of those main quest lines and i discovered the death school and beat the Grubb but i still cant get in Nightshade's tower. Help me please! D:

-Alex LegendCatcher level 45

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Alex Legendcatcher on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
I read some of the replies on the topic and i completed all of those main quest lines and i discovered the death school and beat the Grubb but i still cant get in Nightshade's tower. Help me please! D:

-Alex LegendCatcher level 45
Did you do quest #3 mentioned above in the reply from jdogg3z?

It sounds like you got distracted, and talked to Marla, and finished Sunken City.

But maybe you didn't do the quest to "talk to Dworgyn in the Death School". He is in the building right near Marla. After you talk to him, he sends you back to Merle Ambrose.

Check your log file and see if you still have "The Sixth School" in your file.

Hope this helped.